SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:45 PM

Can not wait! Got to having somthing to do when im bored at home. No point of playing on TC cause of the WIPE!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 01:44 PM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
I'm curious to see how long this lasts, considering how many parts of the forums never get moderated full stop.

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
jacoblovingood

How do you change your account name anyway?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoblovingood View Post
Just being helpful but it says in the long original post that when the new forum website is online you will have to re-apply to those forums.

When you re-apply to the new forums you do not have to use the same name for those new forums as no info will be transferred automatically unless you re-register under the same log-in name.

Again just being helpful and only highlighting what they already said.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:08 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoblovingood View Post
You asked me that some ten days ago, did you even check your visitor messages?

Back on topic, you will be able to register under a different name once new forum is up.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-13-2010, 05:10 PM
kaidang

I say Great Job!! Just happy to be playing SWG again. I appreciate all those volunteers for their hard work and personal time spent in making us a game we can come to love once again. Everytime I log on here i see something better for us...... Again awesome job keep up the good work.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden Nar View Post
Can not wait! Got to having somthing to do when im bored at home. No point of playing on TC cause of the WIPE!!!
you can test on the TC because of a wipe?
Old 09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
kaidang

The wipe has an estimated time. Keep playing on NOVA and testing the OR thats what we are supposed to be doing. The wipe may not come for a while, these guys are working hard on fixing stuff so just enjoy what we have. If we all quit playing because a wipe is coming, whats the point. Just keep playing, wipe or no wipe.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
It may take a little extra work to get both registered, like the first time, but we will certainly have no problem with people that have legitimate multi-accounts in a household.
I hope not too much time and aggravation because Myself and my two nephews live in the same house and it was a pain for me to get them set up the first time.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:59 PM

i have to agree with some here in that the expiration times seem way too long. there is short and there is long and then there is way too long. most of those expiry times are way too long. even if a troller gets slapped over and over again. a three month suspension would work for that troublemaker. i mean, who is gonna remember him after 3 months?
i think the expiry dates should be 3 months and 6 months max. naturally the permanent bans are permanent.
but if someone does some really stupid stuff here, i think a 6 month spanking would be appropriate. not friggen 2 years. and boy do those points add up fast in the new system, especially with 2 year expiry dates!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:13 PM
SWGEmu Support Helper

Good job, guys.

Need help? /Join #swgemusupport
Old 09-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by studrandbo View Post
i have to agree with some here in that the expiration times seem way too long. there is short and there is long and then there is way too long. most of those expiry times are way too long. even if a troller gets slapped over and over again. a three month suspension would work for that troublemaker. i mean, who is gonna remember him after 3 months?
i think the expiry dates should be 3 months and 6 months max. naturally the permanent bans are permanent.
but if someone does some really stupid stuff here, i think a 6 month spanking would be appropriate. not friggen 2 years. and boy do those points add up fast in the new system, especially with 2 year expiry dates!
You realize that the expiry date does not equal the punishment right? I don't see anything with an expiry date of 2 years that gives more than 3 points and that is a 3 weeks ban, not a 2 year ban. And all of those are serious offenses. As in real-world illegal.

どこまでも亀が続く
Old 09-13-2010, 06:40 PM

Very nicely explained and straight forward rule set
Old 09-13-2010, 07:30 PM

ya but the POINTS last for 1 year and 2 years. thats the point. you can never get out from under those points. and they do add up to 5 REALLY FAST. so after your 4 point 3 month suspension, you have to basically be a really good boy for 21 months to avoid the permanent ban on your 5th point. like 6 months later and you make a small mistake and get 1 point and then are BANNED FOR LIFE, as it is your 5th point.
thats what i mean by long expiry dates. you may have forgotten what you did 6 months ago and then you get walloped with permaban on a small infraction.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:36 PM

my point is this, if you pay the price for your misdeed, like 3 month suspension, then the points that incurred that penalty should be then wiped. not hanging over your head for the next 21 months.
think about it, you are sitting with 4 points and you get 1 more point for trolling. and by your definition, trolling can mean most anything. i got accused of trolling by making a sardonic reply to a post in a thread that i was already in the discussion on.
that would be a 1 pointer for a quick comment and for that 4 point guy, HE GETS BANNED FOR LIFE on something said in a small post.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: