Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 01:28 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklowdis View Post
Is it alright to use my account on 2 different computers then ? My situation is that I have a desktop and a notebook PC. Can I use both or should I not do that?
You shouldn't have any problems and wont be braking any rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklowdis View Post
Also my other situation is my girlfriend has 2 computers as well and we are on the same network will that affect this dectection system as well?
Since you will be on the same network it is probable you will have the same IP address and that one of the accounts (the second one created) will be instantly banned. If that happens just send an email to community@swgwmu.com and explain your situation, mod will fix that and un-ban the second account.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 03-31-2010, 03:00 PM

they dont scan the mac address? that would alleviate any problems that are caused by multiple people playing on the same network.

~Neomancipator Snow~
Master Pistoleer - BH xx4x - Smuggler xx3x

~Rikken Stark~
Master Artisan - Novice Weaponsmith

~Sansa Stark~
Master Doctor
Old 03-31-2010, 04:47 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomancipator View Post
they dont scan the mac address?
I have no idea.

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 03-31-2010, 05:19 PM

I wonder if diff routers make a difference. My wife and I both play, both can play two characters from our single accounts at same time.

So....

Two peeps.....each with own account.....each playing two toons on one account at same time....from behind one router....

Never an issue.

Linksys cheapy router BTW. LOL
Old 04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Quality Assurance Creatures Leader
Quality Assurance

i guess the client installation generates some kind of unique number/adress aka footprint.
so you might install SWG on several machines using the same set of discs and you only can run SWG(Emu) with the account you used the set of discs to register with using 2 toons parallel.
if you got a 2nd set of installation discs you could use these (on some other machine) to create a 2nd account (like it was the habit with original SWG) and log in with 2 more toons.

this is just a suggestion though i didn't check with my 2nd set of discs since i'm fine with 2 toons at the same time.
although this could explain (2nd installatin disc set) why two different persons could be logged in at the same time using the same i-net connection.

just a wild guess though
Old 04-18-2010, 12:47 AM

how often do they check the community mail and how long does it normally take for them to open banned accounts that where created on the same net. Just looking for an estimated time that my Wife and son can log in with me.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Retired Game Master

Depending on the number of e-mails en queue and the number of staff available to deal with those e-mails, it can take several days. Please be patient and a member of the staff will address your e-mail as soon as possible.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:33 AM

May have missed this, but just to clarify: If I install the game on two computers (desktop and laptop) so that I can play with my kids at the same time (and one computer has a cable modem' the other is wireless), will I be banned?
Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 AM

Hello Well I Have Prob I Have 3 Computers In The House I Live In My Account Name Is Headshark , My Gf Account Name Is Dazjim She Uses Only When She Stays Round, My Brother Plays Using Sharkoasis We Have Been Banned On Irc Beacuse.....

My Dad Live's With His Gf In A Differnt House Hold But His Account Name Use To Be Headshark But He Gave Me The Account And Forgot About It So Now He Sees Im Playing He wonts To Play Agin Trys Loging In At His House Boom Ban Hits....

So Please Can u unban My account my gf and my bros My Dad Also Got Banned If You Would Like To Unban His And His Gf Two Please Ask Me And Ill Find Out His/Her Account Name.

Thanks And Hope To Carry On Playing In The Future.

This Is Minishark Radio Out
-Pre cu / Nge
-Oasis / Haf
Miss The Old Days But Not Any More.

Last edited by headshark; 04-18-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:52 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

I think this gave me a brain tumor. Please don't capitalize every word, please.

Send an email to community@swgemu.com, give them all the details, user names, etc. Basically what you posted here send in that email, just ease up on the capital letters, and a mod will clear that up in a few days.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 AM

@Gilamu
I play my two toons at the same time using the same account, one on desktop PC, the other on wireless laptop, both on the same network/internet connection. No issues have come up in the weeks I've been playing, so I can only tell you from my experience that you wont get banned that way.

Now, if you wanted two toons from two different accounts using the same modem/internet connection, one account might get banned.
If your wireless laptop is connecting to a different modem/internet connection, then there should be no problems in using two accounts.

HTH

CR

Last edited by CleanRabbit; 04-19-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:51 AM

I am sure I am asking a question that has already been asked and I apologize for it, but I tried to search the forums first.

My wife and I own three copies of SWG. The two of us play and we want to share with a friend.

My problem is that I don't know what discs are from what. We dug them up as they were scattered in different desks, etc., dusted them off and loaded them. As they were likely a jumbled up batch of discs, we simply installed from one set of discs. And to be honest, I am not sure that each set is a working set as they may have scratches etc. I do still have the cases they came in though.

Will one of us get banned somehow? Is there some way for them to see that we loaded from one set?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM

Hi Chuck,

From what I've read on the forums so far, you can use the same account for both you and your wife at the same time on different PC's, and there will be no problems. If your friend plays using a different internet connection, then there certainly will not be any problems.

Using three different accounts over the same internet connection will cause problems, and someone almost certainly will get banned.

As far as I'm aware, there are no unique 'codes' installed with the game - all details are verified when you log in and they are mapped to the Internet address of your outgoing internet connection. The server will see a problem when two or more log-in accounts originate from the same internet address.

As has been repeated on the last 18 pages here, do not send an email to the devs now, wait until an account as been banned, then email them explaining your situation and they may un-ban you. It takes days (possibly over a week) to get a reply due to them being so busy so I hear, but they will get back to you.

HTH

CR
Old 04-19-2010, 07:14 PM

worried

My husband and I connect through his computer to the internet (we have a broadband access through his blackberry). Since we shar ethe same IP address will I get banned? I am really worried because I haven't been able to log on all night. I finally made novice dance and tailor this weekend...Please tell me I don't have to start over?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Server is deadlocked atm.

If and when one of your accounts get banned just send an email to community@swgemu.com and ask a mod to unban that account.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: