SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 03:19 AM

fully wipe the LOT. What is the point of allowing exploiters and hackers the freedom to do what they want. Possibly consider giving all player characters some extra-support when starting again (Like a blue-frog where you can have 1 fully grinded toon to start with)
Old 04-26-2010, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable-odinson View Post
fully wipe the LOT. What is the point of allowing exploiters and hackers the freedom to do what they want. Possibly consider giving all player characters some extra-support when starting again (Like a blue-frog where you can have 1 fully grinded toon to start with)
Then ban them... wiping serves no purpose they will just find another way to exploit the system
Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 AM

I agree that the core issue at hand is that this is a test server, and wipes should be expected... however, wipes on a test server generally happen when NEW content is added that is needing to be tested to further the development of the game. As I read the current proposal for the wipe, there isn't anything that actually would be coming into the new-wiped version of the server except, possibly, a changed Jedi unlock system. All this does is address economic/duping issues that DO NOT affect the actual testing of the server. It could make the community happy or it could piss off people who put in a lot of time into the game in order to progress to a point where they are now.

Either way, whatever happens, I won't be HUGELY affected as I just got to a point where I have characters set up, harvest toons at the ready, etc... However, I can see this being a completely counter-productive move as it doesn't actually DO anything that cannot be re-instigated later.

Some of the arguments for are kind of...short term minded...

Fixing the issue of too many Jedi: This is only a short term solution as once the new system is figured out (barring there being so many bugs that the devs have to rollback to the old system) someone will post a guide on the forums about it and people will start unlocking. Barring actually making some accounts NOT CAPABLE of unlocking, you will always have the possibility of lots of Jedi.

Fixing credit/item duping, and therefore the economy: This assumes that there aren't other dupes that players won't be able to figure out over the course of the time between the proposed wipe and the OR. Otherwise we'll have had a complete server wipe that ended up with the same result down the road.

Fixing/changing crafting to where it's more on par with loots: I would like more details on this one, as if they mean there would be a lessening of the quality of loot weapons, and a bump in the quality of resources (plus enabling schematics maybe for things like DXR6 Rifles, RIS Armor, Scythes, etc...) then this would definitely be a nice thing for PLAYABILITY of a crafter. It does NOT, however, TEST anything that would be added to the OR or SC.

I would like to see the forum admins possibly RE POST this whole idea, and let people vote with ALL the information as stated. I have to wonder how many yes votes would change to no and how many no votes would switch to yes.

Oh and PS...No blue frogs please... Being able to insta-master, even if "to get the testing rolling" is cheap. When LAUNCH happened in ANY game, you didn't have insta-masters, so why on EMU?

Hope the constructive posts are able to be read out of the mess that this thread has become.
Falceon Feir - Pistoleer/BH
Krysan Feir- MDoc/swordsman
Galaxy Harvester- Falceon
Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
What we propose changing
* Revising the jedi unlock
* Implementing credit duping fixes
* Implementing item duping fixes
* Better equalizing crafted items and looted item quality
* Fixing bazaar exploits

This would mean that everything would be deleted; characters, accounts, items, etc. We will NOT consider any partial deletes because they would just cause big problems.

Advantages: Duped economy would be reset, jedi would be more of a mystery again.
Disadvantages: Everything done on TC for the last 6 months would be gone.
First off, I'm grateful for the opportunity to play this game again. Regardless of what is decided, I'll be in game. It's been great to play with old friends and meet new friends on Nova.

This is a 'test server', so I understand nothing is ever permanent. If the proposed changes will truly benefit the final project, then I'm all for whatever needs to be done in light of the 'big picture'.

With that being said, if there was some new content being added for testing (ie CH,BE,DE,housing...backpacks,etc) then that would be something for me to get excited over. The proposed changes listed really aren't enough for me to understand why such a drastic measure needs to be taken at this point. I know I'm often one taco short of a combination plate...mmm...that sounds good right about now.

It seems like everything will be wiped because of the actions of 'some' in regards to cheating or w/e. Based on that assumption, I'll vote 'no' on the wipe.

Nova:
Ama-Ebi/Unagi/Daja/Raylana/Zahira/Katara/Vivienne
Old 04-26-2010, 03:26 AM

When will you clean the server?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:27 AM

The wipe would be a great idea only if the needed content where to be added. There are tons of players whom worked pretty hard to get where they are and why would they work that hard a 3rd time?

The wipe is a fine idea, however this wipe is not bringing anything new except some exploit fixes. Which I don't feel you need to wipe out months of work for, I just think everyone should weigh the options and the facts a bit before you guys do anything.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
Oh and PS...No blue frogs please... Being able to insta-master, even if "to get the testing rolling" is cheap. When LAUNCH happened in ANY game, you didn't have insta-masters, so why on EMU?
because most games that are launched by big, corporate companies have already gone through enough testing to actually be launched. obviously we're not at that point.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:28 AM

I don't mind spending time until OR on this TC, wipe would destroy moths worth effort to collect materials for good armor crafting. Knowing how often named resources spawn and how quality is random it would set me back by 3-4 months from the point I am right now. Same goes for doctor and weaponsmith crafting.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyGrain View Post
There is no guide to becoming a jedi my friend, holocrons tell u like 4 proffessions u need then there are 1-2 MYSTERY professions for your toon. The key is NOBODY knows what profession to master to unlock a fs slot.
thats the pre cu holocron unlock, the system here is completely different. your obviously new around here so let me be the first to welcome you. im sorry to say though that there has been numerous jedi unlock guides in the jedi forums. the holocron unlock system doesnt exist and in its place is a POI/Badge/ Rumor unlock system. Completely guidable
Old 04-26-2010, 03:30 AM

same here OlisJ but still it needs to be done

fight me---->>> http://tehmulletman.mybrute.com
join me---->>> http://mybrute.com/team/209229
Old 04-26-2010, 03:32 AM

Yes wipe
Old 04-26-2010, 03:32 AM

If wipe would really help the server, I say YES, wipe it.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:33 AM

I think that the object and credits wipe would be great, but unless you can upgrade some of the "work in progress" professions this wipe will only paliate for some time the unbalanced economy. When BE, DE, Arch, housing, factory crating, etc... get avaliable the real "community" economy will start to rise. In my oppinion, this only benefits casual players, that (still an oppinion) don't benefit the real testing just the server stress.

In other hand any staff member can /examine my account to see that i don't have high amounts of money, in fact i didn't ever had more than 200k, but i've spent a lot of time setting up some services, that i think really help testing. Doctor, dancer/musician, I/D, resource sampling for my WS, in order to make some weapons, etc... I don't look for being a Jedi, i only want to stablish for me a well rounded self sufficent economy.

Wipe the bazaar, set down the "ubber" high weapon drop rate and calm the thousands of wannabejedi till the OR. But don't wipe skills.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:33 AM

imo we should not wipe until OR are ready to go live.

If there are a wipe we should either:

1.put the current OR code on ,(think this will bring us back to the sate we was at 3 years ago. Not realy prefered since we will lose active players)

2. Put back the blue frogs so atleast we don't have to grind skills. (Fair middle ground for both camps)
Old 04-26-2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehmulletman View Post
same here OlisJ but still it needs to be done
No it doesn't, there is no need for this wipe just ban the players that were involved. Easy fix. If it does happen oh well. A wipe isn't justified unless we get some new content and I mean CH PLOX
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: