SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyschli View Post
On a not so flamey note, the credit duping has made the economy so out of whack its really not all that fun to log onto the server anymore.
So because you can't afford a holocron, and the lolmgOP weapons are too expensive for you to buy, that sucks all the fun out of trying to hunt down your own?

Really now?

Quote:
I don't mind regrinding, one of the beauties of SWG was that grinding a template was never really all that difficult. If you stopped enjoying your template, change it no big deal, week tops you have a brand spanking new setup to toy with. So I don't think anyone can serious gripe about regrinding in this game.
It's great that you enjoy playing a TK/Doc. Not all classes can be leveled in a few hours by retarded monkeys.

Grind a new Master Musician in a week, nugget. Go for it.

It seems a bit unfair to revise the poll about the wipe and update information after 300+ people already voted. It seemed like the poll was instituted quickly instead of being thought out first.

Also, can we have a third option, "Don't care OR whatever the devs want"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vieppedfire View Post
I didnt say delete them I simply said ban a player for useing them
They cant keep track of every item in the game and who uses them, most duped/exploited items/credits have been traded or passed to innocent parties, do you suggest banning them too?

TC-Nova characters
Dheco Lightsky - Master Swordsman
Khira - Master Doctor/Dancer
Azrazel - Master ID/Tailor
Ylesa - TK/Ranger
Old 04-26-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
This has nothing with people wanting to contribute, or with progress of the project. This is a bout revenge.

Lets not hide behind testing, progress, contributing, dedication or anything else remotely connected to this project.
I'mma gonna' make Wookie armor again after the wipe just for you. <3
Old 04-26-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vieppedfire View Post
I didnt say delete them I simply said ban a player for useing them
They still have to be identified and tracked. You can't just ban a guy for using a duped weapon since he might have bought it innocently, possibly several links removed from the person who actually duped it. Unless of course duped weapons already have a huge, ingame graphic tag saying DUPED across them.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 AM

wipe

Come on man, we are taking up there time with a wipe for someone getting reported and the devs seeing the item in question on thier account would take less time then this and I believe that most would stop useing items in question
Old 04-26-2010, 09:58 AM

A full wipe looks like a reasonably simple way to fix the stated problems.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:59 AM

Well as much as I'd like to not see a wipe happen, if it is for the actual improvement of the game via getting rid of hacking and exploited items then by all means go ahead and do it before I get too far into my character grind. I would ask though that you please please please leave Jedi unlockable as that was one of the reasons for me to play the emu, so I could experience doing that again.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Quality Assurance Entertainer Leader
Quality Assurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
So because you can't afford a holocron, and the lolmgOP weapons are too expensive for you to buy, that sucks all the fun out of trying to hunt down your own?
Looted holo, looted OP weapons(and auctioned them) Kthx bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
It's great that you enjoy playing a TK/Doc. Not all classes can be leveled in a few hours by retarded monkeys.

Grind a new Master Musician in a week, nugget. Go for it.
Look up Estelline, master ent/master musician/master dancer/master ID

That's me. Flame less, constructive posts more. Buh bye troll
Old 04-26-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dheco View Post
They cant keep track of every item in the game and who uses them, most duped/exploited items/credits have been traded or passed to innocent parties, do you suggest banning them too?
not entirely true, myself and others have had items deleted however i will stay to topic. im not sure to the extent they can,but they can see and monitor alot more than you think. its just a timesink to do so.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
All those supporting this wipe are pissed off

Lets face it, NOVA is screwed up, someone needs to be blamed.
Really? I feel rather calm at that. Nor do I really have any reason to be angry. I've no interest in punishing anybody, but I do think a wipe is a wonderful way of restoring balance after the (currently known) means of exploiting have apparently been fixed. And I like fresh starts.

Also, if I'm going to be included in some sort of rampaging revenge mob, at least give me my complimentary torch and pitchfork. Really, it's the least you can do when wholesale pigeonholing people.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 AM

ill state my position again, i cant believe this is up for public debate.
Quality Assurance Entertainer Leader
Quality Assurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
Really? I feel rather calm at that. Nor do I really have any reason to be angry. I've no interest in punishing anybody, but I do think a wipe is a wonderful way of restoring balance after the (currently known) means of exploiting have apparently been fixed. And I like fresh starts.

Also, if I'm going to be included in some sort of rampaging revenge mob, at least give me my complimentary torch and pitchfork. Really, it's the least you can do when wholesale pigeonholing people.
Yes I agree, if we are supposed to be an angry mob nerd raging, I would like my picket sign now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
not entirely true, myself and others have had items deleted however i will stay to topic. im not sure to the extent they can,but they can see and monitor alot more than you think. its just a timesink to do so.
I have indeed seen code that lists ranks of richest users / best items etc.
But indeed, that's only detective .. you want preventive measures

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-26-2010, 10:07 AM

I do support a full wipe.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: