SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Development Director
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Financial Status

Greetings!

Last month our donations were too low. The developers pitched in from their own pockets to keep the TC running. However this month seems to be even worse and we cannot go on like this forever. we really hate to beg however money is crucial to this projects status, without testcenter you will not be able to assist in the testing process -- which would essentially kill the project.

We ask that you consider donating even if it is only $1. There is a large enough active community here to keep us safe for a few months even if just a small percentage of people donate.

so please help us out a little so things can go smoothly.

Thank you guys for supporting us this far. May the force be with you.

Last edited by Seaseme; 12-17-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:12 PM

1st =] and mhmm

Old 12-17-2007, 05:19 PM

second....:P i want donate something!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:23 PM

I just got my credit card in the mail so once i get to the bank and activate it I'll definately donate a few bucks.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:34 PM

Make the Emu rich!

"MÃy God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General Patton -*
Old 12-17-2007, 05:34 PM

to oru

If I or people in the community donate to the emu could get your agreement with your staff, have them emulator ready for March at least, without further delay and Guaranteed one day in the next month a Live chat developed so that people can For two hours to ask anything ,in order of course .
????? .. easy you give me i give you
Old 12-17-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalzero View Post
If I or people in the community donate to the emu could get your agreement with your staff, have them emulator ready for March at least, without further delay and Guaranteed one day in the next month a Live chat developed so that people can For two hours to ask anything ,in order of course .
.....its not as easy as that, if they could make this code appear out of nowhere it wouldn't have taken this long, but thats not the case. Before the original SWG was released it was in dev for 3 years and they had alot more money, people and all kinds of resources.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
What's wrong with you?

It isn't as if you're in any position to demand something, they're writing code and holding a public TC so that people will eventually have SWG pre-cu emulator. Did you sort of miss the point that they're developing software for you for free. The TC allows them to test the code they develop under heavier load, as well as to let people like you muck around. Ultimately donating is up to you, however, there's absolutely no reason for which you should even consider posing a deadline for when the emu should be done. So henceforth you should probably cut the "????? .. easy you give me i give you" part out.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:02 PM

Double post

Last edited by sheeplord; 12-17-2007 at 06:05 PM. Reason: double post
Old 12-17-2007, 06:27 PM

Man... I don't even have the money to buy gifts for anyone this year, and barely enough to eat lunch... Whenever I do have some spare money, though, I'll be tossing it your guys' way.

I've sold my soul just to wave a stick around, make dots dance on lines, pull hair across steel, and blow in to hunks of wood and metal.

Conductor -- Composer -- Violist -- Saxophonist

Musician
Old 12-17-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Dont be a D-Bag.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

Quote:

I can guarantee that without money for the test center, webpage, and IRC this project will die and you will never ever get to enjoy it. Don't be that guy.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Thats not a fair agreement,they will get done when they get done. If they arent going fast enough for you,maybe you should leave. Let further flaming comence.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme View Post
I can guarantee that without money for the test center, webpage, and IRC this project will die and you will never ever get to enjoy it. Don't be that guy.
I understand where the poster is coming from even if he is not correct in what he is asking. In the very least, it is Christmas and it is the time of giving.

I can say that i would like to donate, and going back to his point just a little, where is this project going? I log onto TC quite often only to find that nothing has been changed. I know that it is open source now and that things are "supposed" to flow much quicker now, but is it wise to have the TC up when nothing new has gone in for quite awhile? Is something going to go in anytime soon?

Again, i wish for only the projects success, but i do understand why others (even some people not posting) may hesitate in donating when they really don't know where the project is or how much is left to go.

Best of luck...im on your side.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynow View Post
I understand where the poster is coming from even if he is not correct in what he is asking. In the very least, it is Christmas and it is the time of giving.

I can say that i would like to donate, and going back to his point just a little, where is this project going? I log onto TC quite often only to find that nothing has been changed. I know that it is open source now and that things are "supposed" to flow much quicker now, but is it wise to have the TC up when nothing new has gone in for quite awhile? Is something going to go in anytime soon?

Again, i wish for only the projects success, but i do understand why others (even some people not posting) may hesitate in donating when they really don't know where the project is or how much is left to go.

Best of luck...im on your side.

It isn't unfair to ask for the release date, however, it's unfair to imply that we can put our lifes on hold to make swgemu. The last week alone has been HUGE for swgemu, we've gotten a ton accomplished from all of the people pitching in with opensource, and we've updated testcenter with the newest build several times. Oru, TA and Ramsey have been working almost FULL time cleaning up commited code and getting it in a state where it is ready to be put on test, and I'm sorry to say that a lot of the work that gets done is under the hood. I don't expect people to understand that, but without the foundations in place we can't necessarily build any solid structure on top.

Also - -please don't deduce that money is what is keeping this project afloat. The dev team will keep it above water out of our own pockets for as long as we can. No one wants to just let it die, but test center is very important to the project's future. So think about lending us a hand.

Last edited by Seaseme; 12-17-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: