SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Communications Team
CommunicationsAdministrator

i am very impressed by this, this a big step in changing the way a lot of people view the entire swgemu project, this imo was one of the biggest weaknesses it had, hopefully this will point it in the right direction for a great community.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:14 PM

These changes will hopefully zero everyone in on the ultimate goal here: a fully-functional SWGEmu server release, with a great community to support it along the way. If everyone could contribute in some helpful way, this project could really move forward quickly. Contributions do not necessarily come in the form of coding, cash donations, etc. You can contribute by helping community members, or testing features on the official test server... There are many ways to actually be a useful member of this community.

Last edited by toilet_duck; 04-14-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:35 PM

Well as im only a week old member I must admit this IS refreshing to see.
I joined the forums as soon as heard about the project, understandably I was very excited about the project, and being able to play what was and still is my first love as far as MMORPG's are concerned, that was until the cu hit, I believe whole heartedly in the cause and will help in any way that I can, what you are doing here guys is great.
I was however more than a tad perturbed once I started reading the forums, they were full of backbiting and disrespect when it really wasn't called for or deserved, and what I couldn't work out was why, we all want the same thing we are here for the same goal and the majority of us for the same result, the resurrection of SWG the way it was before the CU, if we all stick together and work towards the same goal things will go ALOT smoother.
I know I haven't been here that long and some of you may think that I haven't yet earned the right to comment on any part of the community, but this was my first impression and it is good to see that the DEVS, and the forum staff alike are taking steps to change things forum side, as well as keeping up all the great work they are doing on the emulator, Hats off to you all.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:24 PM

This a change for the better.
Not many people would recognize this and fewer would make the change.

But at least this was not as bad as the Old boards. You had a ban board and would move the rule breakers post and all the Admins Flame. then it was ended with You take 3.
which ment take 3 days of suspension.
To the lurker as myself this is comedy.
but the forum was getting very restless.

So I end with Great job on handling all the past issues and getting this forum up to a great standard.

Dr. Edmond Crimson Buff Doc, Sw, DE, Pistoleer Extrodinaire. Mayor of Crimson City . (Wanderhome)
Old 04-14-2008, 01:42 PM

I get what they are trying to do, and it's a good thing for sure, but i haven't seen much of "rude behaviour". Certainly it's a LOT less than on other forums.
Great news about new Bi-W updates structure.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:16 PM

Awesome ideas devs, I really like the idea for structured Bi-updates. This will bring more organization to the emu and make it a much more enjoyable read. Also I'd get on IRC but I'm in a college dorm where they block the ports for IRC .
Old 04-14-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobino View Post
Nice one fellas, I am glad that this issue of community is being seen too.

I was put off SWGEMU a good few months ago by a certain moderator(s) that will remain unnamed, acting in what I thought was an extremly unprofessional way, using their powers as moderators/admins or whatnot in inappropriate ways.

EDIT: Ekowraith, I most definetly get you there. Elitism is very strong around here.
Well I couldn't really understand this guy, but I guess its along the point I want to prove. Well as much as Id HATE to say this, Iv been banned a couple times for literally no reason. not saying by who but I mean I don't think the moderators should ban people for no reason ( Power trip? ) and I see it happen not all the time but occasionally, and since we are discussing change I thought I should just throw that out there that moderators or people that have power in this community should not abuse it just because they are getting annoyed, even if the person is not doing something wrong such as saying something stupid. But ya know just shining some light on that issue

SWGEmu Encourges The"Less QQ More Pew Pew"Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
DO proceed to eat cookies and drink milk. Statistically 83.77% of players are able to deal with 'DB Shock' (TM) better after a serving of milk and cookies.
| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | SWGEmu Client Setup Guide | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums | |
Old 04-14-2008, 03:02 PM

Great post and I agree we need to act more professional.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Retired Event Coordinator

Nice to see this issue addressed. Forum modding seems to be improving, because i haven't seen one post that was profound in quite a while.

Also looking forward to the bi-monthly update! Keep up the great work!

Regards,
Tow'lin Tow
Old 04-14-2008, 04:12 PM

Damn, I thought it'd be kickass update
Old 04-14-2008, 04:50 PM

All good.

Good luck with the future of the project devs, mods and fans.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

We aren't out to randomly delete posts or censor peoples ideas, theres a fine line between reckless and responsible moderation - and sometimes people see them as the same. Just because we are putting more effort into keeping the forum/irc clean does NOT mean we have switched to a communist-like rule.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crimson View Post
But at least this was not as bad as the Old boards. You had a ban board and would move the rule breakers post and all the Admins Flame. then it was ended with You take 3.
I really miss the "The Squelched" forum...
Old 04-14-2008, 05:59 PM
QA Community Tester Team (On Leave)

Been waiting for this update.

One of the best IMO
Old 04-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
We aren't out to randomly delete posts or censor peoples ideas, theres a fine line between reckless and responsible moderation - and sometimes people see them as the same. Just because we are putting more effort into keeping the forum/irc clean does NOT mean we have switched to a communist-like rule.
Well, that's good to hear. We'll see how it plays out. Just keep it pg-13 as you said, and don't mod it all the way down to rated-G.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: