SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Test Center Updates

Notices

Test Center Updates Updates to the Test Center will be posted here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #241  
Old 09-14-2009, 02:41 PM
aire0n aire0n is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20
lol an admin or something should lock this thread.
  #242  
Old 09-14-2009, 02:47 PM
opoke opoke is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 324
My only question about this change (which I am totally for btw) is how long before the blue frogs are brought back in. Rechecking the status and goals for launching TC:SC, I'd say we're still not quite there even with the implementation of the OR- though close! That being said, more testing is inevitable for future item/function implementation which means blue frogs are kind of necessary (from a timeline point-of-view). Just curious.

Still, a playable version of a nearly complete game... PRICELESS! Thank you, yet again.
__________________
R.I.P. LeRoi Moore, 1961-2008
  #243  
Old 09-14-2009, 02:49 PM
aire0n aire0n is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20
ドンT絵ヴぇ

DONT ever bring them back!
  #244  
Old 09-14-2009, 02:56 PM
opoke opoke is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by aire0n View Post
ドンT絵ヴぇ

DONT ever bring them back!
Not sure how experienced you are with what's going on based on your low post count (maybe a phantom member, which is cool), but the blue frog-less server is really meant to be TC:Suncrusher. Nova will eventually go back to having them (even if intermittantly, as it's the immediate player-based TC).
__________________
R.I.P. LeRoi Moore, 1961-2008
  #245  
Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Ekowraith Ekowraith is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Disappearing in the Anchorhead basement
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
And my definition of humor doesn't include being arrogant, pompous and condescending. But hey, to each his own I guess.
The distinction you're not making is that I'm not trying to be funny. Your criticisms don't really apply. It doesn't make you less unfunny, anyhow: your 'lulz' and 'epic phail' are the comedic equivalent of white noise.
  #246  
Old 09-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Lobreeze Lobreeze is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,764
I wasn't aware you policed humor on these forums. I apologize, I shall conform to your liking ASAP.
__________________
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?
  #247  
Old 09-14-2009, 03:40 PM
aire0n aire0n is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by opoke View Post
Not sure how experienced you are with what's going on based on your low post count (maybe a phantom member, which is cool), but the blue frog-less server is really meant to be TC:Suncrusher. Nova will eventually go back to having them (even if intermittantly, as it's the immediate player-based TC).
True, but with them you cant truely test every aspect of SWG. Which is why they have removed them for the time being. As for when they will return, that is unknown. I'd assume that after the OR is done and is ready to be implemented into the Testcenter that the frogs might return and thus suncrusher would come soon.
  #248  
Old 09-14-2009, 03:42 PM
aire0n aire0n is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
The distinction you're not making is that I'm not trying to be funny. Your criticisms don't really apply. It doesn't make you less unfunny, anyhow: your 'lulz' and 'epic phail' are the comedic equivalent of white noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
I wasn't aware you policed humor on these forums. I apologize, I shall conform to your liking ASAP.
You both are quite annoying, maybe you two should stop.
  #249  
Old 09-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Omegataco Omegataco is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by opoke View Post
My only question about this change (which I am totally for btw) is how long before the blue frogs are brought back in. Rechecking the status and goals for launching TC:SC, I'd say we're still not quite there even with the implementation of the OR- though close! That being said, more testing is inevitable for future item/function implementation which means blue frogs are kind of necessary (from a timeline point-of-view). Just curious.

Still, a playable version of a nearly complete game... PRICELESS! Thank you, yet again.
I disagree, I think we can get some good thorough testing through each profession and other aspects of the game now that the blue frogs are gone. Do you really believe that people find bugs just by sitting around in Theed dueling all day?
__________________
Original Pre-CU name: Wixa
Trandoshan Master Commando
SWGEmu Name : Elyo Loriy
  #250  
Old 09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
shokurai shokurai is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 93
i am sure the staff is more than capable of isolating any aspect of the game for 'highly focused' testing any time they want with or without our help froggy or un-froggy......

i don't think the staff needs us second guessing what they 'need' to do to speed it up
  #251  
Old 09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
opoke opoke is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegataco View Post
I disagree, I think we can get some good thorough testing through each profession and other aspects of the game now that the blue frogs are gone. Do you really believe that people find bugs just by sitting around in Theed dueling all day?
No, I totally agree that the dueling is mostly pointless (for testing purposes, at least). It's not completely pointless as there is some benefit to be gained, but it's mostly used now for play purposes (or so it would seem).

But this isn't the only usage of the blue frogs. I know it's been awhile and my memory isn't the best, but the pre-CU offiical TC had blue frogs added on occasion to test out certain features so that non-TC players could come in and try them out. Fresh eyes and all that...

I don't think blue frogs are a necessity for any TC, but they are a valid and valuable tool if used properly. SOE proved very successfully how "instant gratification" can ruin a game, and blue frogs permanently installed would work very much along that line. Occassional implementation, however, would allow for that quick bump in skills needed to test out certain features.

In the end, I do agree that much can be learned and tested without the blue frogs implemented. Since it's been stated (unless I'm mis-paraphrasing) no new features will be implemented after this update until the OR is complete, I can very easily see a point in time after the OR that blue frogs will be necessary if those new features require anything a little higher-end. It's simplification. And as Nova is meant to be a more traditional TC, in that it's for testing and not actually playing, we can expect server wipes and all that to come (though hopefully not too frequently!) which almost necessitate blue frogs for some purposes. That's not to say I condone using them just to jump up skill levels or professions instead of doing the work if there's no legitimate testing reason to do so.
__________________
R.I.P. LeRoi Moore, 1961-2008
  #252  
Old 09-14-2009, 06:00 PM
-Devil- -Devil- is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by opoke View Post
But this isn't the only usage of the blue frogs. I know it's been awhile and my memory isn't the best, but the pre-CU offiical TC had blue frogs added on occasion to test out certain features so that non-TC players could come in and try them out. Fresh eyes and all that...
just to clarify on this. Pre-CU on the official server never had blue frogs other then 2 .. and both of them were locked away in certain locations that only a few people (besides QA) had access to ...

it wasn't till a bit after the CU came out that they would regularly drop them on there, but normally it was on a clone of a server that was temp .. but not on the official TC server (i played there on a regular basis pre CU, and even CU ... up till when the NGE hit ... and then it destroyed the old community on the TC because of the near perm frogs... )

but either way, they are good for quick testing of certain aspects that need to be checked out ... but a lot of people just use them to twink out their char and then duel each other ...
  #253  
Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Ekowraith Ekowraith is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Disappearing in the Anchorhead basement
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
I wasn't aware you policed humor on these forums. I apologize, I shall conform to your liking ASAP.
Since you haven't actually tried to defend the merit of your "comedy", I'm forced to assume the above post is sincere.
  #254  
Old 09-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Lobreeze Lobreeze is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,764
Yes. I like you.
__________________
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?
  #255  
Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 PM
corbaer corbaer is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
Yes. I like you.
tl;dr
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.