SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 PM

I've had a chance to play the last few days, I was just in awe of playing the game I spent almost 2 years loving again. Great job everyone.
I canceled 4 accounts from swg. Do not think I will be going back.

Patience is a virtue.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:49 PM

Here here, and by cancelling 4 accounts, you save 60 dollars monthly, but of course you're welcome to donate that to here. Still welcome to SWGEmu, friend.

I've been having difficulties logging in still, but I'll keep trying until I have to take care of other things.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Old 10-02-2009, 10:14 PM

It is called the "Bottle Neck Syndrome".

Bandwidth is like the neck of a bottle. Filled with water, is the Users. The neck is the B/W available. Try to empty the bottle in one shot, isn't possible (technicaly speaking, breaking the bottle means breaking the system). So time is necessary to make the water flow until the last drop. Again, think now of infinite quantity of water in the bottle, it never ends.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:17 PM

Very wise words. OK, I'll go and quest for perfect gigs throughout GH5, eat, write, and rest while I wait. Given my current position, it seems to be the smart thing to do.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 10-02-2009, 10:47 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetsunaNexus View Post
Q: What do I have to do to get on TC?

A: Select your character, and let LPE sit at "Connecting to Galaxy." When a spot opens up, you will automatically load in.

Do you know that this part actually makes you wait for over half a day and still there is no entry.
Don't want to sound negative, but it doesn't feel right either getting an invite to join a game you are unable to log into.
I would apreciate a specific number on the CAP, and on the active pending users. that way i can figure out if we will ever get in.

Respect on the project though, neverthless...
I have never and I repeat NEVER had to wait more than 10 minutes while sitting at the Connecting to Galaxy screen.

There is one exception, however. Just the other night, LPE said the server was up, so I tried to connect. It sat and sat and sat, so I gave up and closed it. Fired up mIRC and low and behold, all the support, status, and help channels had the servers status as DEADLOCKED right in their Topics.

The Online status monitors on this website are useless if the server is Deadlocked. They will still show the server as online, even though it is impossible to connect. The only place to get an effective Status is in IRC.

Other than a deadlock situation though, I have never had to wait longer than 10 minutes.

Good Luck Everyone, and May The Force Be With You!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:00 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavin View Post
Pssh it logs me out after 45 minutes in idle anyway, and considering you've got like a million Entertainers AFK Macroing it'd be smarter to yell at, I think making sure I can actually go out and test when I get back takes higher priority. Besides I've already found a group bug and a Sevortt spawn bug that I wouldn't have been able to find if I spent a million years in the hospital waitin' around.
Ever think of picking up Novice Medic and healing yourself instead of waiting around for millions of years?

And I bet you would say where are all the entertainers if they were prevented from macroing those professions. You'd want the mind/BF heals and (if they ever get the Entertainer Healing XP fixed) the mind buffs.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odohvare View Post
Ever think of picking up Novice Medic and healing yourself instead of waiting around for millions of years?

And I bet you would say where are all the entertainers if they were prevented from macroing those professions. You'd want the mind/BF heals and (if they ever get the Entertainer Healing XP fixed) the mind buffs.
Why do we need afk ents on the server when there are atleast 5-6 at the keys players doing the same thing, trying to chat and enjoy themselves while serving the general pop. Its not like these macros are unsung heroes. Most of the macros aren't there for the general good, they are there to grind out the profession. I'll only be crying if I can't find an ent thats not afk. It doesn't seem right that afk players get precedent over the ones getting out there and hunting/testing etc. Will a macro fill out a bug report? This seems like it would make sense in a time where the server limit caps. In corporate beta testing, they don't just let everyone join in, they select people that are going to help the project.

http://www.defendersofpeace.dsi-gaming.com/
My Brute - http://master-ailan.mybrute.com

Last edited by ailan; 10-03-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailan View Post
Why do we need afk ents on the server when there are atleast 5-6 at the keys players doing the same thing, trying to chat and enjoy themselves while serving the general pop. Its not like these macros are unsung heroes. Most of the macros aren't there for the general good, they are there to grind out the profession. I'll only be crying if I can't find an ent thats not afk. It doesn't seem right that afk players get precedent over the ones getting out there and hunting/testing etc. Will a macro fill out a bug report? This seems like it would make sense in a time where the server limit caps. In corporate beta testing, they don't just let everyone join in, they select people that are going to help the project.
I've been trying to make that clear for my time here. So I can't even get on because there's a server cap, and even if some if not all the afk-ers are wiped off, there are probably so many others in front of me that I'd still not be able to get a chance.

Ah well. It's a pain we all simply have to sit through.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 10-03-2009, 01:34 PM

I've already submitted this to the bug report, but does anyone else keep crashing?

I created a flora survey tool, and when I used it, then I crashed. Whenever I logged on, then I crashed. >_> This happened with my other toon too.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:37 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonx2040 View Post
I've already submitted this to the bug report, but does anyone else keep crashing?

I created a flora survey tool, and when I used it, then I crashed. Whenever I logged on, then I crashed. >_> This happened with my other toon too.
Were you south of Cnet?

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 10-03-2009, 01:48 PM

as far as the afk thing... yes its anoying.

however, have you ever tried leveling dancer or musician? every 5 seconds or so I'll get 14-36 exp depending on if anyone is watching or listening. You also must have wounds in order for me to get the ent healing exp which is ALSO nessissary.

I do use a macro on my entertainer, mainly to automate the florishes instead of sitting there button mashing like a mad man. Usually there is an afk medic or doctor sitting near me with his own macro on to heal my action pool as it swiftly drains.

I count, right now, 7 people inside the cantina at cor doing either an afk macro while staying at thier pc, or just plain ole afk macroing.

The main problem is those that try to afk macro combat professions. Those are alot more fun than the ent and art trees... You seriously must have never tried to level either. Its not like their hologrinding, they're just trying to help out those that need buffs, or ent mind / BF healing.

edit: oh, and every time a fix goes through the afkers are force logged off. So every half hour is a clean slate for you to try to get in.

Last edited by ceid; 10-03-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:19 PM

You can run a macro to beat the repetition, and still stay and chat. I'm talking about docs ents, combat profs whatever, that leave the keys for hours at a time. There isn't really an excuse. I used to play an ent I would use a macro and stay at keys and chat in the cantina. Also is the wound xp working yet? I thought it wasn't. Anyways, try to get an invite into the ent group when they all go afk. Its great.

http://www.defendersofpeace.dsi-gaming.com/
My Brute - http://master-ailan.mybrute.com

Last edited by ailan; 10-03-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:40 PM

WE seem to have had a server crash.

Recent update: The server has reported a shutdown. I'm eager to hear the story behind this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Master Chief; 10-03-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
Here here, and by cancelling 4 accounts, you save 60 dollars monthly, but of course you're welcome to donate that to here. Still welcome to SWGEmu, friend.

I've been having difficulties logging in still, but I'll keep trying until I have to take care of other things.

Yeah, I think 60 a month was covering 4 accounts I could play.
I do not believe one account I can not currently log into is worth 60 dollars a month. Still, thank you for the financial advice.
I will gladly contribute 15 monthly to help this game move forward.

Last edited by ymerej; 10-03-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:49 PM

Well although I seem to have less difficulty logging in recently, I have been getting crashed much more frequently. I don't know which'll prove worse.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: