SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 12:38 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
lol, Well how could there be so many people on now? I thought that the two times to go on would be during work hours and during late night hours.

They invented something called Time Zones. I'm not sure but it has something to do with Earth being round or something, so while on one side people sleep, on the other they are awake. So I've been told.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-30-2009, 12:46 PM

I know that. I just thought that the majority of people were in US Eastern Time Zone. I suppose my original post was, hmm....too vague.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Old 09-30-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
They invented something called Time Zones. I'm not sure but it has something to do with Earth being round or something, so while on one side people sleep, on the other they are awake. So I've been told.
This.

Quote:
I know that. I just thought that the majority of people were in US Eastern Time Zone. I suppose my original post was, hmm....too vague.
Against popular belief the world doesn't revolve around Eastern US. Dare I go out on a limb and say you live in Eastern US somewhere?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 PM

Correct, and judging from other posts, so does a bulk of the active STAFF, but that's going out on a limb on my part.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Old 09-30-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oru View Post
Well there is a deal for $800 at our provider for a dedicate 100mbit line. The donations could almost cover that but for now we are also renting 2 server boxes. Probably some servers will be donated in the near future so we can solve this problem finally.

By the way, we are using up around 30 mbit of our shared line at our peak times so that's why we would really need a dedicated one now.
$800? That's expensive. In town about 30km(20 miles) from here they have a connections at 100/100mbit and they promise the connection won't drop below 50mbit for less then $100.

To bad i don't live there
Old 09-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

From what I've seen, the easiest time to get on begins around midnight EST and runs through the next morning.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oru View Post
Probably some servers will be donated in the near future so we can solve this problem finally.
I've tried contacting a dozen members of staff about donating a server for the Emu team but am yet to get any reply. A simple no thank you would be suffice, then I don't have to keep trying to chase people up about it and being ignored on IRC.

It is hard to want to help a team when you are constantly hit with a wall of silence.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:12 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Ammo-Nx-x View Post
I've tried contacting a dozen members of staff about donating a server for the Emu team but am yet to get any reply. A simple no thank you would be suffice, then I don't have to keep trying to chase people up about it and being ignored on IRC.

It is hard to want to help a team when you are constantly hit with a wall of silence.
Did you try to PM or email Eka or Max?

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Did you try to PM or email Eka or Max?
Yes.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

I forwarded your PM to the team a few days ago. Everyone is quite busy, please be patient. We appreciate your interest in helping.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
I forwarded your PM to the team a few days ago. Everyone is quite busy, please be patient. We appreciate your interest in helping.
Thank you, it is nice to be acknowledged, I wasn't even sure my PMs were even getting through and it was becoming frustrating.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:45 PM

So is there a chance that I can't connect because I was on all morning? Last night my character got hit with a DoT we know as "Disease" and I got knocked down to 1/1 HP so I left my character in the Hospital while I went to school. Obviously the game logs you out after awhile of being afk, but is there a chance the server is preventing me from logging in due to the time I was on already?
Then answer this, are you just going to sit back and wait for someone else to defeat Brittania? Who? You think if you think if you wait, some day the right chance will just come? Don't be naive! If we don't stand up and do it ourselves that someday will never come!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavin View Post
So is there a chance that I can't connect because I was on all morning? Last night my character got hit with a DoT we know as "Disease" and I got knocked down to 1/1 HP so I left my character in the Hospital while I went to school. Obviously the game logs you out after awhile of being afk, but is there a chance the server is preventing me from logging in due to the time I was on already?
no, but if your just sitting in the hospitol when u went to school.... logout so others can actually test? You can heal your wounds when you login next.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
no, but if your just sitting in the hospitol when u went to school.... logout so others can actually test? You can heal your wounds when you login next.
Pssh it logs me out after 45 minutes in idle anyway, and considering you've got like a million Entertainers AFK Macroing it'd be smarter to yell at, I think making sure I can actually go out and test when I get back takes higher priority. Besides I've already found a group bug and a Sevortt spawn bug that I wouldn't have been able to find if I spent a million years in the hospital waitin' around.
Then answer this, are you just going to sit back and wait for someone else to defeat Brittania? Who? You think if you think if you wait, some day the right chance will just come? Don't be naive! If we don't stand up and do it ourselves that someday will never come!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavin View Post
Pssh it logs me out after 45 minutes in idle anyway, and considering you've got like a million Entertainers AFK Macroing it'd be smarter to yell at, I think making sure I can actually go out and test when I get back takes higher priority. Besides I've already found a group bug and a Sevortt spawn bug that I wouldn't have been able to find if I spent a million years in the hospital waitin' around.
Sevortt's are invisible : )
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: