SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 02:05 AM

Well all I can say and I know people will feel the same way regradless of how we voted, If you guys are going to a wipe then just get it done. I know myself and some of my friends have no desire to do anything right now. There is no point if whatever we do is gone in a week.

So please decide quick and get it done one way or the other. So we can start over (frogs would be nice for skills) or we can carry on with whatever we were all doing already. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:05 AM

I voted yes, it's a test center afterall, let's not forget that.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:06 AM

I say do what needs to be done. This is a TEST server. If people are worried about grinding then they really are testing things they are just look for exploits...i my self have a few dif toons all working in dif directions just to try everything again. If restarting helps SWGemu then it needs to be done. thats what TEST servers are for.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:06 AM

It comes as no surprise to me that everyone who voted no now wants to ask the GMs for a re-vote. Sorry everyone, big waste of freakin time just to get the same result. If you havn't noticed yet, it went from being pretty close to the number of yes votes being double that of no. Those results won't change and the wipe will happen. Please no more talk of another poll on this matter.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:07 AM

Btw do we have some kind of eta on this wipe if it is happening at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyGrain View Post
It comes as no surprise to me that everyone who voted no now wants to ask the GMs for a re-vote.
Everyone. Including all those posts with people who voted 'yes' wanting to change their answer to 'no.'
But that's so cute how you're taking the initiative to speak for everyone. I'd pinch your cheek. Really I would. It's adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spun View Post
I voted yes, it's a test center afterall, let's not forget that.
Great! So what will we be testing? I think we've got the profession grind covered already.

Last edited by Lamune; 04-26-2010 at 02:10 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audune View Post
Just so you know:

The only way we can now get anything accurate is to actually stop this thread (delete or lock) and create a new one.
So i think you should do it in order to have a coherent result with the proposal

Bloodfin - Revan'nahl Velcar - CL90 Elder Jedi (MSaber - MEnhancer - Healer 4 x 4 x) - Master Politician - Master Rebel Pilot (Crimson Phoenix) - 106 badges (19 Professions)
Bloodfin - Yana' Velcar - Imperial Officer
Bloodfin - Suvam Tan - Imperial Medic
TestCenter - Eslap Si'kre - Imperial Spy
TestCenter - Moubeon Ora - Dark Jedi
TFC GUILDLEADER
Old 04-26-2010, 02:08 AM

if youre gonna wipe do it NOW please ... thanks
Old 04-26-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan View Post
So i think you should do it in order to have a coherent result with the proposal
Yeah, the proposal never changed though. The proposal was to wipe, or not to wipe. It's that simple
Old 04-26-2010, 02:14 AM

So the GMs ask for our opinions and u guys use this thread to flame eachother. Real nice
Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 AM

can we please keep this thread for the poll etc and stop this personal crap in here...

on another note...
if this wipe is or isn't taking place can you Dev's please work it out ASAP and do what ever is needed.

As i dont mine either way (I know its not about me) but for me personally i dont really feel like getting on the TC until i know whats happening.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:21 AM

What yall don't realize is that to even play star wars galaxies pre-cu is a blessing. We pretty much shouldn't even be doing it without a time machine, but here we are. I don't care how many times it gets wiped. THIS IS SWG WHEN IT WAS ACTUALLY GOOD. Be happy that it is here.

I'm not one of those people who have much to lose in a total wipe, neither of my 2 characters have much in terms of items/credits or skill. However, if the wipe doesn't implement anything substantial, I would rather not face a complete wipe of everything I've worked hard to get, even if it's not much. If we're all still just waiting on another wipe soon in the future, I don't see much of a point to a wipe now when a few month down the line the "actual" wipe will happen, again. So to the devs, please consider how much will be gained by the wipe before deciding to do it because it's not taken lightly by some of us.

wipe Inventory gets my vote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:23 AM

I voted no, and if anyone manages to see this in between the flame war posts, here's why.

I don't mind if there's a wipe, but it seems like it is being proposed that some tweaks be implemented at the same time. I may be wrong, but it seems like that would just be more development time not spent focusing on OR. If doing these tweaks and a wipe will push out initial release of the OR by a few weeks or a month, I don't think it's worth it, even if the OR is 6-9 months away.

If the yes' win out, that's cool too, it's always fun to start fresh.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: