SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Test Center Updates

Notices

Test Center Updates Updates to the Test Center will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:01 AM

Haha, wake up early for class.... see it's up and theeeeeeeennnn no. I'm just glad I see some progress. Can't wait until it's actually playable. I feel sorry for the ones that stayed up all night lolol. Guess back to KOTOR, see you all online soon hopefuly
Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 AM

allright-what is happening now ?I can login but im stucking at the "Conecting to Galaxy"..
It aint a real problem for me,but it would be great to get a bit more information about whats goin on .
Old 09-14-2009, 07:45 AM

shes down again
Old 09-14-2009, 07:45 AM

Connection is probably having a few problems as would be expected at this point. I was able to play for a bit and then my connection was lost; don't worry, and remember that it's a test center.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:47 AM

according to other posts it's been doing this for awhile, *sigh* but atleast its progress
Old 09-14-2009, 07:47 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

With every major update, server will often crash or get deadlocked. Every updated brings along many new bugs that need reporting and ironing.

Hang in there, if you cant log on server is probably deadlocked, down, or locked for internal testing.

Check LPE, forum and IRC for server status but please refrain if possible from asking and posting about server status (it is against rules of this forum and rules of IRC)

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-14-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade13 View Post
allright-what is happening now ?I can login but im stucking at the "Conecting to Galaxy"..
It aint a real problem for me,but it would be great to get a bit more information about whats goin on .

They're busy trying to fix things. Have you ever had a site go down or a computer issue that is driving you nuts? If you had then you'd know that you are focusing totally on the problem and snapping and rawring at anyone that hassles you for information as to whats happening!!!

Just be patient and realise that the next few days are probably going to be a struggle until they sort the server out again. Play when you can and feel sorry for the poor buggers when it's down coz they're probably pulling their hair out and swearing like sailors!!!

What will be, will be. The server will be up when it's up
Old 09-14-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post

Check LPE, forum and IRC for server status but please refrain if possible from asking and posting about server status (it is against rules of this forum and rules of IRC)
Oke Doke got ya
Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 AM

Allright allright Kalaminu-sorry for that. I was getting maybe a little nervous..im sure everybody knows how it feels.
Ill try to be more patient*promise*.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:55 AM

lmao gota admire and laugh at the irony. spent all tha time on this update and it got buggered at the last minute. the sad part is every hour they spend on this is one less they spend on the OR Thus delaying it even longer.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:58 AM

Obvious troll is...
Old 09-14-2009, 09:01 AM

obvious troll is obvious! Don't let Ekowraith see you talk like that Corbaer. He hates anyone with a sense of humor!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettman View Post
lmao gota admire and laugh at the irony. spent all tha time on this update and it got buggered at the last minute. the sad part is every hour they spend on this is one less they spend on the OR Thus delaying it even longer.
And your point is? When this patch actually start working we can do some REAL testing and not just fool around which we did before. This is something that has to be done, its not like they gonna add all this and then change it all again. The grinding must be tested also. OR is less important for us players this patch is more important, now we can actualy play through all professions and try them out and see whats not working.
Just cause you wana play a game with no professions in it and just have the OR done and nothing else is your problem but the rest of us actually want a game to come with it also and not just the OR itself....
Old 09-14-2009, 09:29 AM

this code is useless and wont be used in the finished product any testing done on it will b equally useles, this was just something to sate the complainers tbh. The OR is the important thing that is what is going on the suncrusher server that is what the release is dependant on.

This patch is really and truly just something to give the people who dont want to do anything but play. It serves no practical purpose for testing as the codebase that is being used for it will be defunct at the time the OR is done.

You want a real server to play on? well thats going to be suncrusher which is dependant on the OR To be finishd to be launched, seems to me you players who just want to play a complete game should be hoping and pushing for OR Completion as well.

the reason the source changes made to put this patch on the TC nova server havent been put on SVN are because they are useless to the end product and to keep certain things secret ingame on TC but mainly because the code will not be used in the end product.

So again why arent you more interested in the OR Being completed and put on the TC as that is what everything is dependant on, the testing going on with the codebase in use in this update really has no use for the OR Development so really your not truly helping test anything that has bearing on the finished game server at all.

What your doing is playing which is fine but please dont confuse the two this update has nothing whatsoever to do with the end product or the suncrusher server

In my shor stay I have read everything i could about the OR and it is a major major rewrite to the codebase all this update is for is the people who just want to play, but rest assured without the OR there will be no game to play beyond the TC
Old 09-14-2009, 09:32 AM

Says Mr. Joined Sept 2009? I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about fettman. Cool story bro

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: