SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 11:51 AM

I actually was able to log on this morning. Created my character, trained in some novice proffessions. than I went to buy some ranged weapons so i could start working on marksman..

I than lost connection to SWG, and since than have not been able to log on..

TC Nova characters
Shilo Trutta Master Doctor
Quequag Master Rifleman, Master Swordsman, Medic 113x
Old 09-19-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markie1979 View Post
I don't even see the reason you would log in at the same time with more then 3 chars I myself hardly do it with 2, most of the time with only 1 char.

But anyway i think the log in server is also bugged, right now only 158 ppl online on the server it says, but i can't get in. It keeps hanging on char screen.

Either that or a deadlock i mean

Still, i'll keep on trying till i can get in again
Sense you dont have personal extractors working 5 characters will help you sample faster then just 3, and while sampling and grinding your crafter you can afk an ent to. Get the point?
Old 09-19-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilo View Post
I actually was able to log on this morning. Created my character, trained in some novice proffessions. than I went to buy some ranged weapons so i could start working on marksman..

I than lost connection to SWG, and since than have not been able to log on..
this is pretty much what happened to me.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:54 AM

Yeah Server seems deadlocked much of the time today-at least i didnt read anything else.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade13 View Post
Yeah Server seems deadlocked much of the time today-at least i didnt read anything else.
well it's offline now, but it wasn't deadlocked before because the server status showed 100+ people on. I don't anyone can get on during a deadlock.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biophilia View Post
well it's offline now, but it wasn't deadlocked before because the server status showed 100+ people on. I don't anyone can get on during a deadlock.
Oh I can assure you that it was deadlocked.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:58 AM

Yeah but the swgemu netstat isnt realy precise.
The last days , evertime i looked , where 471 users online.Dont you think thats a bit too constantly?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
The last days , evertime i looked , where 471 users online.Dont you think thats a bit too constantly?
The more, the better. That just means more eyes out there finding bugs, and testing server stability.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExile View Post
The more, the better. That just means more eyes out there finding bugs, and testing server stability.
What i meant , Exile , was , i cant imaginate , that every time i look , doesnt matter which day it was , there will be EXACTLY the same number of players on.This is , so i suggest , nearly impossible , except the cap is 600 and there are shown 600.But 471?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:10 PM

Hm got online now-lost conection after a few seconds.Some ppl seems to dont have any problems.How come ?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
Oh I can assure you that it was deadlocked.
I can assure you that I wont take your word for it unless you show some reasoning or knowledge on the subject.

Quote:
its been changing consistently for me. I've watched it hit the 600 cap during peak hours and decrease during off hours. I'm thinking that those stats get frozen after a deadlock or server crash and that is what you were seeing. And maybe the server deadlocked this morning, the stats froze and I thought people were still on when then weren't.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:07 PM

hell its says 747 online now lol
Old 09-19-2009, 08:15 PM

Well I personally don't think its right that people can be playing 5 toons at once, 2 max is fine, but 5?
All thats doing is getting them ahead faster, and keeping other people from playing because of server cap.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:11 PM

i think the cap should stay... the lag is horrendous.. but then again more people on the more bugs are found just my op.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:26 PM

5 Characters are not required for you to sample and grind your crafter. I have one character and sample/grind my chef/tailor stuff perfectly fine Its ludicrous to say you need 5 characters to do so. Hell, even 2 characters would do the job. One character does the job fine, fair enough you don't get heaps of materials, its still fun, enjoyable, and you still get to sample enough to create items that you sell on the bazaar or sell to the junk dealer.

Also watch out where you're looking at the statistics. I have found the most reliable statistics are on the front page: http://www.swgemu.com/?module=Frontpage&action=Show.

Quote:
Front Page: Network Stats

* SWGEmu Forums: 69 Users Online
* Nova Test Center: 642 Users Online
* SWGEmu IRC: 251 clients Online 20/09/09 - 2:20pm EST GMT+10
More information is much different with the same time.

Quote:
SWGEmu → Galaxies list
TC: Nova (Online)
o
Members
Now connected: 171 | Maximum was: 239
o
Accounts
Active: 14530 | Deleted: 641
o
Uptime
Server is online for a 12:20
o Last status check was 11 Jul 2009 at 23:20
Hence, use the front page. When I was playing last night Australian time, and the game stopped working, I checked the frontpage and it said OFFLINE, whereas the Galaxies List said ONLINE. Just saying, check both to be 100% sure, if you want to know how many are online, or about status.

If you are still unsure about the status, go onto IRC (http://www.swgemu.com/?module=Irc&action=Show), don't ask about server info, but simply type /join #test, and all you have to do is look at the information bar and it'll tell you whats happening (OFFLINE, ONLINE, DEADLOCKED)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: