SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl M View Post
Is getting other players killed by manipulating dangerous monsters classed as griefing.
Burst run your way out of there. Put those swift Sullustan legs of yours to good use!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl M View Post
Is getting other players killed by manipulating dangerous monsters classed as griefing.
Quote:
3.1. You may not harass or threaten other players (sexually, racially, or otherwise). Final determination of player infraction and severity will be made by a CSR. This includes but is not limited to: Hate Mongering, Sexual Abuse. Harassment, Training, Fishing and Spamming.

* 3.1.1 Harassment is defined as any unwanted or unwelcome behavior beyond the limits of good taste, civility and appropriate game context.
* 3.1.2 Training is defined as pulling/leading a hostile NPC or creature along behind you and attempting to get it to attack another player who does not desire that engagement.
* 3.1.3 Fishing is defined as deliberately wandering into the "visibility" radius of a jedi to make BH terminals produce Jedi missions for waiting a BH that are present at the mission terminals so that the BH can hunt the same specific jedi over and over.
* 3.1.4 Spamming is defined as excessive and inappropriate use of spatial communications, i.e. emote spamming, excessive hawking or tip spamming. Rule of thumb, once every 8-10 minutes is plenty for hawking an item. Note: excessive numbers of hawkers in an area may be @kicked by a CSR.
You are encouraged to read the rules in their entirety.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flylighter View Post
Fact, law, and universal rule.

Also worth noting: the loudest mouths are usually wrong. (not directed at you, obviously)
I'll second that....and third it if possible.

Maybe even fourth it while I'm at it.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
* 3.1.4 Spamming is defined as excessive and inappropriate use of spatial communications, i.e. emote spamming, excessive hawking or tip spamming. Rule of thumb, once every 8-10 minutes is plenty for hawking an item. Note: excessive numbers of hawkers in an area may be @kicked by a CSR.
Does this mean we can start reporting cantina spammers and something will be done?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 AM

Bravo guys. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Retired Game Master

You should take advantage of /addignore since the devs were nice enough to add it into the game for you.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:32 AM

Cheers - of course rubber banding is a pain in the butt - but if it helps get rid of people that are exploiting... then by all means. i want to play with people who are part of the community... not those who are willing to break the rules. don't they remember what this server is about? testing - and verifying? using exploits and hacking are definitely counter effective to that goal. Keep up the work guys!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:34 AM

I agree with this, however I feel griefing is kind of a part of swg pre-cu. I can understand HARASSMENT, but griefing is in just about every mmo I've ever played, EVER.

Edit* that being said, since this is a test server with the idea of testing and bug reporting in mind, griefing slows down the process of allowing others to test; so I'm kinda on the fence about it.

Last edited by sXeKJB; 10-15-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:41 AM

great to see this in effect, keep up the good work,

....almost there....
Old 10-15-2009, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the update fellas.

I guess times have surely changed if people can't honestly grind up their professions. That essentially, made the game of Pre-CU SWG. If you want to blow that, then why are you even playing the game?

Just my .02

Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the update, I like the new policy
Old 10-15-2009, 11:14 AM

I suppose I should start off by saying that I would never intentionally cause undue grief, harm or otherwise cheat to increase my odds or get ahead with anything.

I truly am an honorable person living in a mostly dishonorable world. I have been wrongly accused and persecuted of many things in life which I hope will explain my fears in this matter. I can personally testify that even with undeniable proof the good 'ole boys club wins.

I agree with a 0 tolerance policy but thats in a perfect world.
Nothing is ever perfect.

To reference history which I fear is about to repeat itself ...
Power Corrupts, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

I fear that there can and or will be serious misuse of an insta-permabanstick. Everyone is capable of foolishly acting on an emotional response. Like in recent news 80 y/o ladies getting tasered by cops that feel they are right no matter the situation. Then their superiors trying to cover it up in fear of riots.

I agree the issue of testers / players using known exploits to get ahead and 3rd party client hacks ... screen macro's and speed hacking etc is a big deal and should be dealt with harshly but there must be checks and balances to avoid misuse on any front.

I see a high probability that general server lag can and will be seen as speed hacking. The current countermeasure that is in place is irrefutable proof of this.

If my character is sitting somewhere and suddenly gets up and runs somewhere and the server doesn't get my clients data for more than a few seconds I will appear to sit there longer than I did then shoot off running faster than possible to people near by when the server catches up to my client. The only viable way to prove it would be to have a video of my clients version of events. Everything else ... other clients, and the server will have incorrect information.

Even in life I currently feel to even try and avoid the current level of accepted corruption I need to wear a camera and microphone running every second of every day wearing a hat or shirt that says something to the affect of Being in the proximity to me you might be recorded for QA purposes.

Do I need to fraps every second of my SWGEmu experience in order to have recourse if I am implicated. From the sound of things in this thread there would be reason to feel that might not even be enough.

To sum it all up ... Basically I would like more than a simple assurance that Ultimate Cosmic Power will not be misused.

Quote:
Of all tyrannies a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ... C.S. Lewis
To go bad to the roots ... something that current society tends to ignore.

Quote:
The shaft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle's own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction. ... Aesop
Just to iterate ... this basically means that anything done as a measure of protection can and will be used against that protection.

Sorry for the rant ... I could go on for days on this subject.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:43 AM

Staff have far more significant problems to be concerned about than idiots running around the test server with hacks running. And even after this there are people worrying about being sold down the river by a management who are trying to do nothing but their very best for this community.

What a shame.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
QA Community Tester Team (On Leave)

Awesome policy change. Thanks for the info.

Found a Bug in the OR? Report it >> HERE <<

"How much are we paying them?"
"They are interns. They are free."
"Well.....I still think we are paying them too much."
Old 10-15-2009, 12:09 PM

BRAVO!!!

I bow to you as I know it was not the easiest decision for you but for the majority of us we stand behind you 110%!!

The few who would hack or hinder the progress of this project will not be mourned by those with a true intent of the furthering of this project and its completion!

Of all the things I have ever lost "I miss my mind the most!"

Last edited by Varanis Black; 10-15-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: