SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Test Center Updates

Notices

Test Center Updates Updates to the Test Center will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 02:41 PM

lol an admin or something should lock this thread.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:47 PM

My only question about this change (which I am totally for btw) is how long before the blue frogs are brought back in. Rechecking the status and goals for launching TC:SC, I'd say we're still not quite there even with the implementation of the OR- though close! That being said, more testing is inevitable for future item/function implementation which means blue frogs are kind of necessary (from a timeline point-of-view). Just curious.

Still, a playable version of a nearly complete game... PRICELESS! Thank you, yet again.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:49 PM

ドンT絵ヴぇ

DONT ever bring them back!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aire0n View Post
ドンT絵ヴぇ

DONT ever bring them back!
Not sure how experienced you are with what's going on based on your low post count (maybe a phantom member, which is cool), but the blue frog-less server is really meant to be TC:Suncrusher. Nova will eventually go back to having them (even if intermittantly, as it's the immediate player-based TC).
Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
And my definition of humor doesn't include being arrogant, pompous and condescending. But hey, to each his own I guess.
The distinction you're not making is that I'm not trying to be funny. Your criticisms don't really apply. It doesn't make you less unfunny, anyhow: your 'lulz' and 'epic phail' are the comedic equivalent of white noise.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:18 PM

I wasn't aware you policed humor on these forums. I apologize, I shall conform to your liking ASAP.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opoke View Post
Not sure how experienced you are with what's going on based on your low post count (maybe a phantom member, which is cool), but the blue frog-less server is really meant to be TC:Suncrusher. Nova will eventually go back to having them (even if intermittantly, as it's the immediate player-based TC).
True, but with them you cant truely test every aspect of SWG. Which is why they have removed them for the time being. As for when they will return, that is unknown. I'd assume that after the OR is done and is ready to be implemented into the Testcenter that the frogs might return and thus suncrusher would come soon.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
The distinction you're not making is that I'm not trying to be funny. Your criticisms don't really apply. It doesn't make you less unfunny, anyhow: your 'lulz' and 'epic phail' are the comedic equivalent of white noise.
Quote:
I wasn't aware you policed humor on these forums. I apologize, I shall conform to your liking ASAP.
You both are quite annoying, maybe you two should stop.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
My only question about this change (which I am totally for btw) is how long before the blue frogs are brought back in. Rechecking the status and goals for launching TC:SC, I'd say we're still not quite there even with the implementation of the OR- though close! That being said, more testing is inevitable for future item/function implementation which means blue frogs are kind of necessary (from a timeline point-of-view). Just curious.

Still, a playable version of a nearly complete game... PRICELESS! Thank you, yet again.
I disagree, I think we can get some good thorough testing through each profession and other aspects of the game now that the blue frogs are gone. Do you really believe that people find bugs just by sitting around in Theed dueling all day?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:59 PM

i am sure the staff is more than capable of isolating any aspect of the game for 'highly focused' testing any time they want with or without our help froggy or un-froggy......

i don't think the staff needs us second guessing what they 'need' to do to speed it up
Old 09-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegataco View Post
I disagree, I think we can get some good thorough testing through each profession and other aspects of the game now that the blue frogs are gone. Do you really believe that people find bugs just by sitting around in Theed dueling all day?
No, I totally agree that the dueling is mostly pointless (for testing purposes, at least). It's not completely pointless as there is some benefit to be gained, but it's mostly used now for play purposes (or so it would seem).

But this isn't the only usage of the blue frogs. I know it's been awhile and my memory isn't the best, but the pre-CU offiical TC had blue frogs added on occasion to test out certain features so that non-TC players could come in and try them out. Fresh eyes and all that...

I don't think blue frogs are a necessity for any TC, but they are a valid and valuable tool if used properly. SOE proved very successfully how "instant gratification" can ruin a game, and blue frogs permanently installed would work very much along that line. Occassional implementation, however, would allow for that quick bump in skills needed to test out certain features.

In the end, I do agree that much can be learned and tested without the blue frogs implemented. Since it's been stated (unless I'm mis-paraphrasing) no new features will be implemented after this update until the OR is complete, I can very easily see a point in time after the OR that blue frogs will be necessary if those new features require anything a little higher-end. It's simplification. And as Nova is meant to be a more traditional TC, in that it's for testing and not actually playing, we can expect server wipes and all that to come (though hopefully not too frequently!) which almost necessitate blue frogs for some purposes. That's not to say I condone using them just to jump up skill levels or professions instead of doing the work if there's no legitimate testing reason to do so.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
But this isn't the only usage of the blue frogs. I know it's been awhile and my memory isn't the best, but the pre-CU offiical TC had blue frogs added on occasion to test out certain features so that non-TC players could come in and try them out. Fresh eyes and all that...
just to clarify on this. Pre-CU on the official server never had blue frogs other then 2 .. and both of them were locked away in certain locations that only a few people (besides QA) had access to ...

it wasn't till a bit after the CU came out that they would regularly drop them on there, but normally it was on a clone of a server that was temp .. but not on the official TC server (i played there on a regular basis pre CU, and even CU ... up till when the NGE hit ... and then it destroyed the old community on the TC because of the near perm frogs... )

but either way, they are good for quick testing of certain aspects that need to be checked out ... but a lot of people just use them to twink out their char and then duel each other ...
Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Since you haven't actually tried to defend the merit of your "comedy", I'm forced to assume the above post is sincere.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:37 PM

Yes. I like you.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Yes. I like you.
tl;dr
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: