Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryxmas View Post
One question. why did my picture get deleted? It isn't offensive at all. It's the AARP logo for "Divided we fail."

What ever I said before is only to get SWGEmu on the right track. Now im getting trolled on as a deviant. Guys, grow up and if you would have in the past maybe you wouldn't be in this situation. I am very offended now.
Bro, I think the reason everyone is getting mad at you here, is because you are accusing SWGEmu only, on SWGEmu's boards, when we are here trying to unite everyone.

Don't come to the SWGEmu boards simplying accusing JUST SWGEmu and telling our devs they need to get back on track. Simply its the community of developers, meaning all teams and communities.

And wah, don't worry yourself too much being offended by people on a forum, I sure as hell don't.
"You Know It"
Old 06-06-2008, 05:37 PM

Your pic post was deleted, big deal, as im aware, it was turning the thread into a flame thread, end of discussion back on topic.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saromus View Post
Your pic post was deleted, big deal, as im aware, it was turning the thread into a flame thread, end of discussion back on topic.
You really don't need to use so many commas fyi.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:34 PM

Don't criticize proper internet grammer lol. xD
Old 06-06-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saromus View Post
Don't criticize proper internet grammar lol. xD
Ok.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:40 PM

lol
Old 06-06-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoc View Post
Ok.
What?
Old 06-07-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunions View Post
What?
Ok....
Old 06-06-2008, 08:39 PM

Or possibly share information. I think it would just be better to work on the best Emulator and abandon the others, to get all the Devs working on one.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothix View Post
Or possibly share information. I think it would just be better to work on the best Emulator and abandon the others, to get all the Devs working on one.
Common sense prevails.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:34 PM

Well, it's certainly good to see the dialogue opening up between the various emulator camps. I heartily agree: Pooled knowledge and expertise from all concerned will definitely be stronger than knowledge and expertise used separately. Bumps and hiccups can be expected in the process of coming together, but if we all thought alike, how could we expect to improve? Keeps life from getting dull, methinks.

It's all an iron-sharpening-iron process, and it will work out -- if we want it to.

(pause for huzzahs. /grin.... )

Anyway, if y'all want to see something to fire your creative juices in this unifying effort, you might want to take a look around the Creature Handler Profession forum. We've been working to compile as many pre-CU stats on tameable creatures as we can. Tolbat's been working on a Creature Scrapbook, we've been linking to the Internet Archive Project's Way-Back Machine to pull up pre-CU versions of creature listings from SWGCreatures.com, and Hiddukel's been compiling it all into a cool spreadsheet. It's all there for anyone to take a look -- ANH, SWGPreCU, whomever.

In addition to the Scrapbook and the spreadsheet, we have threads linking directly to pre-cu listings for:
Tatooine Tameable Creatures
Naboo Tameable Creatures
Rori Tameable Creatures
Endor Tameable Creatures
Dathomir Tameable Creatures
(Still to come: Lok, Corellia, Yavin-IV, Dantooine, and Talus.)

One item of particular relevance for us in the CH Forum is info on which lair types were used by which creatures in wild spawns... you may notice we're rather thin on that item, especially on less-traveled planets such as Rori.

I'm looking forward to working with all the gang from ALL emulator projects, in whatever capacity.

PROFESSION REPRESENTIVE
Knowledge Base: Scout, Bounty Hunter, Creature Handler

Bria (retired January 2006): Iakimo Wioga, Brannix Bayne, Jantszyn Tyridius
TC3: Braxxis Bayne, Bounty Hunter Dude ~ Hakimo, Wookiee Creature Handler-in-waiting

Last edited by Iakimo; 06-06-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:17 PM

So any news? The wait is unbarable.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8722 View Post
Bro, I think the reason everyone is getting mad at you here, is because you are accusing SWGEmu only, on SWGEmu's boards, when we are here trying to unite everyone.

Don't come to the SWGEmu boards simplying accusing JUST SWGEmu and telling our devs they need to get back on track. Simply its the community of developers, meaning all teams and communities.

And wah, don't worry yourself too much being offended by people on a forum, I sure as hell don't.
I'm not defending or attacking the poster you talk of but remember this - we can't post all post on the ANH forum about this as it's not open to everyone. So an open discussion can only happen here.

I've got my fingers crossed about information sharing (merging is not really feasible with different cores/engines). As was made clear in Kyle's OP, this is about not having to repeat collection of info - the research that the Representatives are asking for here and that ANH is asking for. Pooling the researched info could significantly shorten the process.

The only likelihood it might not come to pass is if people are not willing to let bygones be bygones, or if they perceive they have more info and so would gain significantly less than they provide. I don't think either of these will happen so I'm hopeful.

But attacking people on the forum is/was a thing of the past that hopefully we are all moving away from.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek98 View Post
I'm not defending or attacking the poster you talk of but remember this - we can't post all post on the ANH forum about this as it's not open to everyone. So an open discussion can only happen here.

I've got my fingers crossed about information sharing (merging is not really feasible with different cores/engines). As was made clear in Kyle's OP, this is about not having to repeat collection of info - the research that the Representatives are asking for here and that ANH is asking for. Pooling the researched info could significantly shorten the process.

The only likelihood it might not come to pass is if people are not willing to let bygones be bygones, or if they perceive they have more info and so would gain significantly less than they provide. I don't think either of these will happen so I'm hopeful.

But attacking people on the forum is/was a thing of the past that hopefully we are all moving away from.
For a while True Galaxies has been used as SWGANH's means of communication so most of the development discussion on there part has been done there, tis all I meant. He came here accusing only us, not both teams. Kyle specifically called out both teams for doing wrongs....well not specifics but he didn't blame any which side for the non-cooperation we are having.

I'm not attacking him, but I am letting him know why his words are offensive to the SWGEmu devs and community and why some others are lashing out at him.
"You Know It"
Closed Thread