SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 06:06 AM

Will the TC update include the new planets?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 AM

A lot of progress has been made, I'm really impressed.

I'll definitely help out with missions any way I can. I did, well, we pretty much all did who played Pre-CU, a ton of missions.

If I remember right once the mission terminal was accessed you chose combat or delivery. Five random missions were spawned. They each had a name somewhat related to the objective, the name of the NPC paying it, the mission description (which was usually pretty corny text :P), the direction and the payout.

Ha, well I'm sure that stuff is known. Anyway, lookin' forward to helping out.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:56 AM

Not exactly sure where to put this question, but ever since the update, I haven't been able to log into the Emu. I just need a little direction please!

Thanks!!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:19 AM

ive been having the same problem too...i think the public server is down
Old 07-16-2008, 12:06 PM

I'm having the same issue.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:22 PM

aye, same issue here.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:25 PM

they also had the distance of the objective in meters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aremathiea View Post
Most of the people that "HATE" the jedi are closet jedi fanbois who want it so bad.
Got rid of the ugly pic's
Old 07-16-2008, 03:56 PM

Ya know whut this means!!!! O.O

This can be one or two things. For once, for the sadness of many, now there will never be an exact date of completition for SWGEMU. From now on the testing will be almost live, and by the time all code related for an exact Pre-Cu replica, many more things will be added, fixed and developed already. I mean, we may cross the final line without even realize it, now the final milestone its crumbling as we r getting closer.
For what i see, the day TC becomes 440 should be a really important celebration day and despite the TC nomenclature i think of that 440 server as the beginning of a live server.

Congrats SWGEMU Team and Comunnity.

(i know it my guts talking but bear with me, am just really happy =) )

Last edited by darthlogan; 07-16-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryogenic001 View Post
Not exactly sure where to put this question, but ever since the update, I haven't been able to log into the Emu. I just need a little direction please!

Thanks!!
With 40 steps forward a few steps back seems to be causing a day or more of downtime. But that is the definition of progress in a project of this scale. When it is online and we're all testing again, there will probably be server crashes too. It's all good as long as it keeps moving toward beta.

And I'm glad to see that nobody seems to be complaining about it in the updates forum. It makes me feel good to be a member of a community that handles it maturely.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

We have actually set the TC to rev451 (latest) with crafting & everything. Bugs spotted so far on kyles & panch's end have been squashed. Right now we are dealing with missing Bluefrogs & trainers in theed.

We have gotten an overwhelming response though, and we thank everyone trying to help with the testing effort.

There were about 193 people on tc earlier this afternoon.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
We have actually set the TC to rev451 (latest) with crafting & everything. Bugs spotted so far on kyles & panch's end have been squashed. Right now we are dealing with missing Bluefrogs & trainers in theed.

We have gotten an overwhelming response though, and we thank everyone trying to help with the testing effort.

There were about 193 people on tc earlier this afternoon.
yay!
Quote:
Yoda wasn't all like, "Size matters not... but there is like a stamina meter thingy." No way.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:57 AM
Quality Assurance Manager
ManagerQuality Assurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movealong View Post
Heya
...tho i made a booboo and there a bug in friendlist:
The status of your friend (online/offline) is only updated after you added your friend for the first time and log out and back in - because friends are loaded from database and checked against the DB. This is wrong for the status check.
adding a comment or using the save/update button also lists the correct status of your friend

Logging into emu is as exciting as in the days before CU. Congratulations to the team, you're doing an excellent job!

Xavia@swgemu.com | eSupport
Helpful Links | Status List & Reporting Bugs
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
...Bugs spotted so far on kyles & panch's end have been squashed. Right now we are dealing with missing Bluefrogs & trainers in theed.
[fixed] a bug where the blue frogs would suddenly run away from you

haha ...damn blue frog give me the damn Master ...*chase* give me ma master ! *chase around*
Old 07-17-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
I didn't feel as though this was important to be included in the bi-weekly, but here's what I've been toying with...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...enShot0011.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...enShot0012.jpg

I've been trying to implement pre-pub 9 weapon (including lightsaber) trails into publish 14... It's a little complex but I am learning a LOT about pixel_ and vertex_program's.

Also I haven't been working on Kashyyyk as much, since Synter's WS editing tool will be going into internal testing rather soon, which with it I will be able to place objects/structures MUCH more easier than I currently can.
Beautiful trails there. Atleast those look very similar to ones we see in movies

I'm almost tempted to bug Uli in helping you guys out. I'd love to learn some of the crap you guys are doing.. but I'd be pulling away from my Mod project for HL2 =( (Gotta finish the first release of that!)

----

Over-all I can't say I'm not impressed. At first I thought it was a small team just doing what we've been doing for years. Obviously I was wrong. I'm happy to see you guys experimenting on a much higher level, and it's for Pre-cu. Being involved with that's gotta be fun as hell (frustrating at times but fun hehe)

So Uli, keep your PM box monitored in the next few months.. if not sooner (HL2 Mod project is almost in its beta stage).

Keep up the good work!

--------
@ The SWGEmu Devs

---

Good god what an update. Glad to see you guys really have your head on straight. It LOOKS like everything is downhill from here (In the good sense). It seems to look like you got the main structure in place, and it looks like you just gotta clean a few things up and screw in a few more pieces for v1.0.

Maybe 2008 will be the magical year?? Who knows.. hell we know better than to put "dates" in place! But from the looks of it this year might be it!

So in advance - Congrats! and Good f***ing job

-----

As for everyone else!!!

Go f*** yourselves!! With Love lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:49 AM

Hell Yeah!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my new project, Imperial Reign, over at: http://www.moddb.com/mods/imperial-reign
and http://imperialreign.darkbb.com
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: