SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-17-2007, 04:12 PM

Maybe straying OT here... but.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geral View Post
It was fun, there were some connectivity issues but once we got going I was impressed. We can beat 300, and I look forward to more content.

I dug this out of zipped screenshots, when we tried to crash the server it reminded me of a protest in theed a long time ago about their announcement to delay the CU and push out JTL.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/603...hot0093ll4.jpg

I don't know how many people but it lagged like no tomorrow

That screen makes where that guy is shouting that he wants more alternatives than just composite armor makes me think that they should just have taken out the need for armor, by simply making skills better or reducing the impact of dam / or mitigation, so you could wear anything. Now some people would still wear armor for the style, I guess. Like mando, RIS, padded, etc. Despite the ruin for AS, this would have brought the opportunity to people to wear whatever they liked, and such. Since it is an MMO, that would have been a welcomed solution for most players, I reckon. There would be an initial test of balance between the skills / reduced dam / resistance that you had, but as composite were pretty much always around 80-90% I don't see how that would have been very difficult.

Ex Pre-CU Golden era of SWG Veteran since Aug 2004.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:15 PM

Amazing! But the thing was, when i ran around looking at a huge number of people fighting and spectating it could suddenly just stop all movements, and it happened every time after have been on the server like 1 min or 2, All people just stopped talking and moving like i had been dc so that was the only sad thing. Was so amazing to see all people^^
Old 02-17-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogulus View Post
Amazing! But the thing was, when i ran around looking at a huge number of people fighting and spectating it could suddenly just stop all movements, and it happened every time after have been on the server like 1 min or 2, All people just stopped talking and moving like i had been dc so that was the only sad thing. Was so amazing to see all people^^
Your net sucks then. Or you have a wireless router.

I can see into your deepest thoughts.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:20 PM
yami

yea thre last 2 test i didnt d/c at all until server went down i think the farther you are the more chance you have to d/c but it will be fixed =D
Old 02-17-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yami View Post
yea thre last 2 test i didnt d/c at all until server went down i think the farther you are the more chance you have to d/c but it will be fixed =D
it was pretty much the closer you were to the outpost the more you got dc'ed because of all the loaders. When told to go tell the people at MO to move away, Oru even said "I can't go near there or i get dc'ed."
Old 02-17-2007, 05:39 PM
exca

Was expecting 6 times more players than that....

I mean the enabled features were ultra limited. Let's see how it behaves with more feature enabled.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geral View Post
It was fun, there were some connectivity issues but once we got going I was impressed. We can beat 300, and I look forward to more content.

I dug this out of zipped screenshots, when we tried to crash the server it reminded me of a protest in theed a long time ago about their announcement to delay the CU and push out JTL.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/603...hot0093ll4.jpg

I don't know how many people but it lagged like no tomorrow
Doesn't that image just make you want to go back in time and slap those people and tell them how good they had it?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:55 PM
yami

Quote:
Originally Posted by exca View Post

I mean the enabled features were ultra limited. Let's see how it behaves with more feature enabled.
y be negative lol it not goign to make that much of a diffrence shouldnt create any lag really
Old 02-17-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exca View Post

with time im sure
Old 02-17-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runny View Post
Your net sucks then. Or you have a wireless router.
I have 100/10mbit and without router so its not my network, my pc can handle the game on max settings too, but i tested just within the first 30-40 min. i dunno if the server got better after that!
Old 02-17-2007, 05:59 PM

Question Hurray

ok i know this is amazing but what server do i connect to play core 3??:confused:

check out my swgemu dedicated stop motion coming out soon called

the bounty hunter episode III
Old 02-17-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
That's good and all but the testing could've been organized alot cleaner than you were going by. Next time you go doing a stress test like that again try allowing 50 people in, then hold off, and let 100 people, then 150 people etc. so that your login server is not being hammered the entire time of the testing. So that it's not crashing over and over. GJ tho.
I'd wager a guess that this is definitely one thing they wanted included in the test - hundreds hammering the server at once to see how well it held up.

The real life conditions won't be too organized, so why would they try to keep things orderly in a stress test of all things?
Old 02-17-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaika forge View Post
The community, not the team, is making that illogical comparison out of a lack of understanding.

Hate somewhere else.
Hes got a point though.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:15 PM

Another stress test video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SHWheDivb6o

Old 02-17-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogulus View Post
I have 100/10mbit and without router so its not my network, my pc can handle the game on max settings too, but i tested just within the first 30-40 min. i dunno if the server got better after that!
err.. your network CAPABILITY has nothing to do with how your internet is functioning at the moment. Everyone that uses broadband has 10/100/1000mbit wired ethernet or 54mbit wireless. Besides, no broadband internet uses all of your network speed, only a tiny fraction of it (normally 3mbit download, 1mbit upload). Full network speed is usually only implemented when transferring in-house data from one pc to another via hub or switch or router (or even peer-to-peer).

your INTERNET may be having problems beyond yours and your computer's control (ie: internet provider might be doing an upgrade on their server or someone killed the hamster that powers your provider's servers, or even the weather has a say on how well your internet runs).

The guy who replied to you is absolutely correct. It was your internet connect in or out of your house because you alone disconnected and/or lagged while noone else has (once everyone got through the login hammering problems).

=)

Good work devs! /tiphat

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: