SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Red face [IRC] Etiquette

Hi,

Often times, during a situation where something isn't working correctly, it's safe to many times assume others may be experiencing the same problem, as you all are mostly using the same methods to access our services.

Given this, please, please, and please, upon joining #swgemu, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING FOR ONE MINUTE. This will give you a chance to acclimate to the conversation, and who knows, you might even see the solution posted before having to ask.

The benefit to this, is the prevention of joins and instaspam from multiple people having the exact same problem, which in turns necessitates the entire channel re-answering the question, further adding to the spam.

In sum, check the topic of any channel you join prior to posting. Also, check all Community Service Announcements prior to posting on the forums or asking questions in IRC.

We appreciate you taking small steps such as this to help us better manage the community.

Mahalo
Old 10-05-2009, 11:36 PM

I actually did this! ^^

I joined in order to ask about the problem that was occurring with the LPE (I even took did a Prt Scrn to post!) but before actually making a thread I browsed around and found the actual thread describing the situation! Then, before even posting there I read the pages (because, gosh, 3 pages isn't really that much!) and found out all I needed to know.

I'm glad the problem was resolved though and I'm able to play again!

Cheers!

-Flagg
Old 10-06-2009, 01:02 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
I actually did this! ^^

I joined in order to ask about the problem that was occurring with the LPE (I even took did a Prt Scrn to post!) but before actually making a thread I browsed around and found the actual thread describing the situation! Then, before even posting there I read the pages (because, gosh, 3 pages isn't really that much!) and found out all I needed to know.

I'm glad the problem was resolved though and I'm able to play again!

Cheers!

-Flagg
You are one in the million! If only everyone would follow your example.
And agree 100% what Ekaika said
Old 10-06-2009, 05:42 AM

Speaking of IRC, where's Phant? He needs to unban me.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
Hi,

Often times, during a situation where something isn't working correctly, it's safe to many times assume others may be experiencing the same problem, as you all are mostly using the same methods to access our services.

Given this, please, please, and please, upon joining #swgemu, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING FOR ONE MINUTE. This will give you a chance to acclimate to the conversation, and who knows, you might even see the solution posted before having to ask.

The benefit to this, is the prevention of joins and instaspam from multiple people having the exact same problem, which in turns necessitates the entire channel re-answering the question, further adding to the spam.

In sum, check the topic of any channel you join prior to posting. Also, check all Community Service Announcements prior to posting on the forums or asking questions in IRC.

We appreciate you taking small steps such as this to help us better manage the community.

Mahalo
/agree and /bump

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: