SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore75 View Post
I voted no for a character wipe.. If you want to wipe items fine if not.. I'll be mad about losing my Master CM and Pistoleer (which I just got mastered).

I do plan on jumping to the OR because I don't like playing on Test Servers. But SWG is back in its full glory.. Thank you for your hard work.. If I have to start over to make things better fine.. I just won't like it, but I'll do it.

I hate exploiters / dupers... they ruin everything for us all...

If you do the wipe can you fix the following to:
Get the MOB to full size again.. Hate killing Torturs smaller then my knee..
Fix the Harvestors also.. I am missing 7 atm..

hate to disapoint but the OR is not final, it is also a test centre and will go through wipes on a daily/weekly basis.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 AM

I support a wipe. But group xp must be fixed! The game is ment to be played togheter, not grinding by your self on some distant moon and never see another player.

Infinity-europe forum troll
Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujskurwyszn View Post
No, I do not have a Jedi, and I am not very rich. How does your post contribute to giving feedback to the Devs in making a decision?
You obviously did not read any of my other post, lets not troll here.

All the devs are reading these post and our input really matters so lets keep this one topic, I was just throwing a static in there so see if it was true, I was wrong.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 AM

I do agree that group xp needs to be put back to pre nerf rates.

TC-Nova characters
Dheco Lightsky - Master Swordsman
Khira - Master Doctor/Dancer
Azrazel - Master ID/Tailor
Ylesa - TK/Ranger
Old 04-26-2010, 08:30 AM

Personally, I think there are far too many tweaks and fixes* (in particular) required to consider this a viable constructive use of time. It'll just be another destroyed economy being wiped before OR anyhow IMO.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:30 AM

Well for all those asking for a wipe because the economy is screwed, answer *this* :

=> Would you also want only *one* character per account and only *one* account per player ?

Because if not, and no matter what the loot tables are or if there is duping or not :

The economy will return to a major inflation anyway...

Because of the infinite number of lots an account can have, because of the infinite auctions a player can have at the bazaar, because of people being self sufficient as they'd have their own buffing and crafting toons...

Any wipe before the OR that lets people running multiple toons will not prevent a massive inflation to happen again.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur View Post
not the bowcaster, i have a similar one, and it doesnt come close to 1shot jedi thru FA2, but it drains their force fast
plus you VERY RARELY seen those types of weapons live.....maybe 1-2 on server and the rest were mainly normal. Nothing like now where everyones running around with the same high damage weapons.

Tusken
Roodypooh
Spy
Ichigo
Old 04-26-2010, 08:35 AM

support from the testers

I donate my cash in hopes that things will slowly, but surely, be fixed, but is this enough? I am guessing a wipe will be the best bet, but I just started a few months back and don't know every detail of what is messed in the game. I am gonna vote yes, simply because I love this game and would definitely like to see it move forward. I trust the Dev team will do whats best for the game. I feel it is a privilege to play PRE-CU SWG, not just because its free of charge, but because some oldschool gamers ,like myself, took initiative to resurrect the game that SOE left smoldering in their wake. Do what's best for the game!
-Spaghett
Old 04-26-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy09 View Post
you have not been reading the posts. BLUE FROGS ALSO FIXES THIS PROBLEM!
You have a serious misunderstanding on how the SWG economy would or wouldn't work normally if you think frogs will fix the problem...
Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 AM

because of the nature of the game, inflation will always happen. Granted it seems like the current situation is booming because of a massive influx of credits from somewhere ( many people say / think dupers). But why must everyone else be punished for a few bad apples ?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Test Center Director
ManagerAdministrator

Please keep all comments and posts on the topic of the wipe. This thread is our source of information and will be moderated heavily. Please do not clog it up with a bunch of picture and worthless posts.

Odwill
SWGEmu Test Center Director

Odwill@swgemu.com
| EmuIrc | Helpful Links
SWGEmu -e- Support Support@swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunofiasco View Post
Well for all those asking for a wipe because the economy is screwed, answer *this* :

=> Would you also want only *one* character per account and only *one* account per player ?

Because if not, and no matter what the loot tables are or if there is duping or not :

The economy will return to a major inflation anyway...

Because of the infinite number of lots an account can have, because of the infinite auctions a player can have at the bazaar, because of people being self sufficient as they'd have their own buffing and crafting toons...

Any wipe before the OR that lets people running multiple toons will not prevent a massive inflation to happen again.
An economy inflated this way I can live with on a test center, however an economy ruined by cheaters and exploiters I can not.

TC-Nova characters
Dheco Lightsky - Master Swordsman
Khira - Master Doctor/Dancer
Azrazel - Master ID/Tailor
Ylesa - TK/Ranger
Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 AM

Wipe it hard.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 AM

Voted yes

I think some have a grasp of the game they're playing, but they don't seem to understand the type of server they are playing it on.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 AM

Whether we like it or not TC will continue to get wiped, its the most efficent way to fix bugs, test patches etc. Im gonna hate losing my credits and i dont mind wiping the characters if theyre gonna do major fixes, for example if theyre gonna revamp the jedi system and really make it challanging by all means wipe the characters maybe we wont have so many jedi running around its starting to feel like the old republic.

Translation: Let the wookie win!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: