Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Test Center Director
ManagerAdministrator

New Donation Meter and Expenditures

Greetings SWGEmu community! We are pleased to announce that our new donation meter is now operational. In the past, the meter would not properly reflect the accurate amount of donations because it calculated all donations as US Dollars. As such, it appeared we were far surpassing our monthly donation goals which was not always the case. The new meter accurately depicts actual donations.

So where do these donations go?

Currently we have $722.90 USD in our SWGEmu expense account, of which we have paid $300.00 of our $500.00 monthly expenses. Any extra money left over after the bills are paid is then put towards upgrading our equipment, software and/or services to provide you all with the best experience possible.

Example: In the last 6 months we have upgraded to a 100Mbit dedicated connection and upgraded to a SSD hard drive on the TC:Nova server.
Upgrades like this are only possible because of having some money left over each month. So a huge Thank You!! to our community members that continue to support the project. We will continue to upgrade our services whenever possible if we have a surplus of funds.

Odwill
SWGEmu Test Center Director

Odwill@swgemu.com
| EmuIrc | Helpful Links
SWGEmu -e- Support Support@swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:56 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

I wish i could donate.

But hug THANK YOU to everyone who can and who does donate.

And thanks to SWGEmu team for making all this possible.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-17-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
I wish i could donate.

But hug THANK YOU to everyone who can and who does donate.

And thanks to SWGEmu team for making all this possible.
Why can't you donate?
Nov 17 20:47 cRush
committed#2643: [added] Creature Handlers can now tame Bio-engineered Jedi.

TG & EC Cooperation
With TG being the premier US based community and EC being the premier EU based community.
USA http://www.truegalaxies.com
Europe http://www.euro-chimaera.co.uk

Report all bugs here:
http://www.swgemu.com/support/index.php

Ingame name Birk

They That Are Them.
Guild <Hoods> The Dark Hoods
~▲~
'▲ ▲ Triforce.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:29 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbe View Post
Why can't you donate?
PayPal or any other form of online trade or banking doesn't work in my retarded country. We cant be trusted because our banks suck, our law is piece of crap and our government is corrupted.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...

Last edited by Vlada; 04-17-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:34 PM

thanks for an update, so we know you are still alive

Old 04-17-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
PayPal or any other form of online trade or banking doesn't work in my retarded country. We cant be trusted because our banks suck, our law is piece of crap and our government is corrupted.
What country do you live in?

Old 04-17-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothix View Post
What country do you live in?
Uhhh The US? LOL
Old 04-18-2010, 01:19 AM

zing
Old 04-18-2010, 07:31 AM

Thank You 2 The Team And All Who Donate I Think Every One Forgest Just Cos You Dont Donate Money Does Not Mean You Havent Help'ed If You Know Any Bug Or Glitch Etc And Reported Then You Have Help The Team Work Apon Removal Or Fix,
If You Help'ed A Player With Somthing In Game That They Need A Gm To Help Then You Saved The Team Time And Helped Them Out..

So Thank You To The Team The Community And Keep Helping Any Way You Can.

This Is Minishark Radio Out
-Pre Cu / Nge
-Oasis / Haf
Remember The Old Days.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:43 AM

I'm new on the EMU Vlada, but I would think it's pretty safe to say you've helped in other ways. Anybody that reads these forums knows this.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Sounds just like the usa
Old 04-18-2010, 11:17 AM

I have been following this project for years. Within a few months of its start. Every once in a while I look it up and see how it is going, maybe log-in and donate a little money.
I was VERY worried about the project this last time I noticed there were almost no recent updates. I thought the project had died and the server was just left up and running. Happy to see that is no the case. Although it may seem like a waste of time, updating the community is very important.

The game is very playable at this point. Beyond the initial release by SOE.
I think it is in desperate need of some player towns to get back the SWEG feel. I think I will be on the serer somewhat regularly at this point.

I set up a $5 recurring monthly donation through paypal. I think anyone interested in this project should do likewise(recurring donation). It allows for easier budgeting and a sense of financial security for the devs.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Sounds like your from america! lol jk/jk... don't want my patriot neighbors to water board me.

But thx for the work on the website!

Old 04-20-2010, 06:15 PM

Hi
I've been playing on this test server for 6mos or so. I put in several years on the original Flurry server and worked hard towards earning my characters' jedi creds. It was an absolute thrill to play the pre CU version of this game. I found it quite mature compared to any game that had come along till then.
When they went and nerfed the entire game and ruined it, I was just frustrated ,trying to play the CU and then the NGE and quit in disgust. I know there are many like me who have found their way to this server, and many first timers.
I will happily donate my cash to this and any other SWGemu group, but I am having a hard time finding any news of any upcoming additions to the game. The server is a LOT more stable than in the past and the vehicles have been a nice addition, but several months back you wrote that there would be NO Additions and that a REAL server would be up "soon".
Wha Hoppened??
Old 04-20-2010, 09:54 PM

Thank you for the update although I'm not overly sure why you guys feel you need to justify things. Isn't it kind of a given that it's going to the project and not to buy Ultyma or Ramsey a new car or something? lol. Granted, everything posted is kosher and is exactly what the donations should be going to, it's a good system, extra at the end of the month rolls over and helps with the next month.

I was already completely thrilled the forums were back up, a new post from the staff was the cherry on top.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: