SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 02:02 PM

nice !
Old 03-17-2008, 02:12 PM

This **** gives me a warm fuzzy feeling....

FREE BEER AND PIE FOR THE DEV TEAM!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit View Post
This **** gives me a warm fuzzy feeling....

FREE BEER AND PIE FOR THE DEV TEAM!!!!
Well what if some of the devs are not as wise in the ways of desert as us? What if for some strange reason one of them wants cake?

RANDOM: Hey SCM, I saw you were reading this could you PM me some contact info? This is The-Proffesor from DarkR. I tried sending you a PM but you have them disabled.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:40 PM

Amazing guys, simply aamazing
Old 03-17-2008, 02:46 PM

Woot, I've not bought the game yet, only did the trial game because by the time I was able to set aside time for another SW game, they had already gimped the game (from what I had heard), so with progress like this, I, as well as my clanmates are looking forward to the ever approaching release date so we can buy, try, then EMU. =)

Not sure the entirity of crafting, but well done. If it's much like performing alchemy, by gathering resources, making those resources into valuable assets, applying those assets to an item and hoping it comes out to give you increased statistics on that item, then yes, it could not have been an easy thing to have accomplished. Well done, I appreciate that kind of detail being looked into.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:51 PM

Excellent. This is a serious update, and a big breakthrough for crafting. Nice work!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishDragon View Post
Not sure the entirity of crafting, but well done. If it's much like performing alchemy, by gathering resources, making those resources into valuable assets, applying those assets to an item and hoping it comes out to give you increased statistics on that item, then yes, it could not have been an easy thing to have accomplished. Well done, I appreciate that kind of detail being looked into.
SWG crafting could be semi-comparable to that but is much more complex. You can build items such as factories, houses, mining devices, droids, armor weapons and food even creatures. All stats on all items can be affected by the skills of the person making it and by the resources used. Many items have subcomponents. There are at least 1,595 items people can make (swgcraft.com). I do not believe that all of these features are fully implemented yet but this just gives you an idea of the extreme complexity of what they are doing.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:23 PM

Loves you pplz :P
Old 03-17-2008, 04:25 PM

/pat on the back

Glorious crafting... good to see it back. Great update!
Squad Leader and Squadron Leader (WIP)
*But as always, base game first, new ideas second.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbwbb View Post
What if for some strange reason one of them wants cake?

The cake is a lie.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:09 PM

OMG this is awesome. Crafting was like the hardest part of this project right?
I had tears of joy when I first logged on; it was like someone had taken pictures of my dreams and made a game from them. The detail, the graphics, and the sounds were unbelievable. And quickly, with help from new friends I had made, I figured out how to play. Some have said, and still say today, the learning curve was too steep for SWG." ~Chris Bronwell, CBS News, 2005
Old 03-17-2008, 05:22 PM

SWEET! Good job all!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:34 PM

Great work Dev team! We really appreciate your hard work!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:36 PM
QA Community Tester Team (On Leave)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapflake View Post
Understood, but some people ask in the tone of "wtf are so and so doing to contribute" and I think thats wrong. If Ultyma and Ramsey are taking time off or are burned out, its undestandable and as Seaseme said, its none of our business. I know its been said over and over, but we aren't paying them so they aren't obligated to report to us. Progress is being made and thats all that matters.
Did i come anywhere near the tone of "wtf are so and so doing to contribute"? No, all I did was ask a simple question. If you don't want to give an answer to it, fine by me, i could care the f**k less. I know they aren't obligated to tell me anything, but being the question was out of curiosity, there is no reason for someone to flame over something so simple as that.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:42 PM

This is the update I have been waiting for! Fantastic work to you guys and huge kudos to Link, Kyle and Ritter! ^.^ O.O You are gods!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: