SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-30-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmo88 View Post
I wouldn't call it a competition or anything coz it is not even a commercial project.

None of the 2 emus is better becouse :
-still very few feautures which are mostly ... less important to the gameplay [ sorry both teams ]
-none of us can see the code or can check the pings/working speed on ecumbered servers
-both are mostly based on reverse engineering so the outcome will be similar

We will be able to give points when the game will start and we will be able to compare ways things were made. The greatest achevements of emus will be adding new feautures [ planets, crafting, vehicles, skills etc.] so we are far of being given the right to accuse/mark both teams.
umm how can you say SWGEMU has very few features. They have combat thats a pretty huge feature. Also they have planetary maps they have defenses working they have medic,Waypoints,entertainer,NPCs. Also they've had a stress test where they have had over 800 people pvping in 1 area which is pretty damn good. I'm just saying to say that they have very few features is bs and they have gone very far stability wise with the emu. I'll agree that it is silly for them to be competing and fighting over who is better but to say the emu is not very far along is just not true.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:50 AM

mmmmhmm, sweeter then a beavers bottom on a sunday afternoon in france. yeeehaw!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:30 AM

yeah good job! you guys rock as always.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:22 AM

y dont u post them in launchpad

Why dont u guys not post them into launchpad enhanced . Like the official do with there launchpad U guys could do this 7.1 patch updates added upates npc's and lla fixes do this its better than irc and everyone can download right at the front page should have link. .
Old 06-30-2007, 11:56 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard View Post
Why dont u guys not post them into launchpad enhanced . Like the official do with there launchpad U guys could do this 7.1 patch updates added upates npc's and lla fixes do this its better than irc and everyone can download right at the front page should have link. .
don't ya need a sub to use launchpad?
Old 06-30-2007, 06:24 PM

cool rock on !,,!(-_-)!,,!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:52 PM

Hey guys, good to see things coming along, i havent really been too up todate to whats going on, and i cant seem to ever see anyone on MIRC, im pretty sure im in the right place, but when are the servers up to check these things out, or are these just updates to whatsbeen done, i know im ganna get uber flamed but oh well, maybe someone will be nice enough to answer thanks ..
Old 07-01-2007, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smusatto View Post
EXCELENT idea Smusatto.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:47 AM

Awesome news, take your time w/ the npcs and mobs, its easy to see why they are the hardest and they are one of the most important so its good to see your guys not rushing the work. And Happy Ani-versery
Old 07-01-2007, 08:29 AM

Keep up the good work guys

I get excited every time i read an update... It's so close now, I can feel the disturbance in the force... Love you all!!
Old 07-01-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlokk View Post
Hey guys, good to see things coming along, i havent really been too up todate to whats going on, and i cant seem to ever see anyone on MIRC, im pretty sure im in the right place, but when are the servers up to check these things out, or are these just updates to whatsbeen done, i know im ganna get uber flamed but oh well, maybe someone will be nice enough to answer thanks ..
Well first of all if you don't see anyone in the IRC you are on more than likely you are on the wrong server or you need to connect to the right channel. If you are using MIRC I advise when you connect to irc.swgemu.com you go to tools then click on channels list. Then join #test, #swgemu and #updates. Also #test always tells you if the server is up or down. If you do not have MIRC I believe the command to join a channel is /join #channel so just type in the following channels I listed above. Also SWGEMUs core 3 is almost up 24/7 theirs a few times when it has to be shutdown or updated but most of the time its up 24/7.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:19 PM

This dev team is heroic. I really wish I could buy them all a shot of Jameson. Make it a double.

~Cheers!
Old 07-01-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
This dev team is heroic...
lol Maybe we should make some action figures of them, packed with com armor and tiny little stun batons and geo pistols...
Old 07-01-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcrud View Post
Well first of all if you don't see anyone in the IRC you are on more than likely you are on the wrong server or you need to connect to the right channel. If you are using MIRC I advise when you connect to irc.swgemu.com you go to tools then click on channels list. Then join #test, #swgemu and #updates. Also #test always tells you if the server is up or down. If you do not have MIRC I believe the command to join a channel is /join #channel so just type in the following channels I listed above. Also SWGEMUs core 3 is almost up 24/7 theirs a few times when it has to be shutdown or updated but most of the time its up 24/7.
ok thanks ill try to see who i can find on MIRC, but i open up the slim launcher and no servers ever seem to connect thats what i want to see what im doing wrong ..
Old 07-01-2007, 07:58 PM

Yay!

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: