SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraGa View Post
Good to see friends of Ashur, and STORM, are on this thread. Makes me have purpose .
I know Ashor yes, but I'm no friend of STORM.

And if making a fool of yourself is your purpose, then go ahead.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:41 PM

question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
Ashor...

Have you (or are you) being given a new force sensitive character? I think the community needs to know. To my knowledge you haven't addressed this yet.

answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur View Post
funny how people get things wrong wow, i am speechless,

my toon didnt get deleted, i only got a name change

thats it, nothing more to say about that.

Suddenly last summer.
I started going out if my head.
In a tiny hotel room.
Lying naked on the bed.
I knew what you were doing. And i knew what you'd done.
Your life with me was ending. Your new life had begun.
But i was cursing your name. And i was cursing that room.
And i was praying for the strengh, to stop loveing you.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
So Ashor deleting his Jedi was a meaningless attempt to trick the community into thinking he was doing the "right thing"?

Figured as much..
ZOMG itz all about teh Jedai rait?

Besides, don't trust rumors, lawl.

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt
Old 10-19-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecke View Post
question:

answer:
And you couldn't be more wrong. Why do you even bother?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malas View Post
And you couldn't be more wrong. Why do you even bother?
He asked, he got an answer. Why do you even post?

If you believe nothing anyone says, be it staff or Ash, then don't ask.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:49 PM

Again, the SWGEmu staff proved that they are adaptive, ingenious and flexible. Anyone who have read Sun Tzu (or any other strategical work) know that this is a wining combination. Or would you rather have a single hard line that never moves and crushes blindly, never going forward in any direction?

Fact: the community is visibly split on that change on policy. I am sure this is not the first nor the last time this happens and I believe this is good! When I read threads like this one, I see people who truly care about this project, whatever opinion they may voice. Please people, take a step back and look at the big picture: everyone here cares!

The Exploitation Team is a genius, innovative invention and will help the developers to herd the bad boys back to the coral and find out where the gaps are. It's not a miracle medicine, there never is one. I just recall that when I had bad viruses and adwares on my computer, I didn't call Microsoft for a solution, I asked a near-hacker friend of mine because I knew he would know how to solve the problems. And he did. How is that so different in this case?

Let's compare to what cops do for real when they catch a criminal. What they do? They ask him for names and modus operandi, of course. And perhaps, the criminal will get it easier at trial, be relocated with new ID or even turn into an informer for years to come. If that method didn't work, I'm certain that the cops would have stopped using it a long time ago. Let's be as intelligent as cops and use that technique, why not?

Good job, team. Keep changing, never stop and become disconnected from what is happening NOW.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
He asked, he got an answer. Why do you even post?

If you believe nothing anyone says, be it staff or Ash, then don't ask.

He got an incorrect answer.

There's no need to spread lies.
Quality Assurance Deputy Manager
Quality Assurance

Learningdisease thank you for clearing up some of the issues posted and talked about so far. We appreciate this clear up.

It could have been made clearer initially to stop this, but its been done

the biggest issue being that it was stated he was becoming QA staff which in its self is not the same as a non staff volunteer just like us support helpers. This is a good thing to clear up and i have gained at least a little more respect for staff now this had been said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malas View Post
He got an incorrect answer.

There's no need to spread lies.
You base this on what truth?

Old 10-19-2009, 01:51 PM

okay.
just to get this right instead of reading 20 sites!
someone speedhacked, got banned and had a new name on the toon by a dev.
then did it again and was taken into the team as exploiter detector? with people using third party programs that isnt even hacking, any noob could google or whatever something like that...
I get the point getting people to work that hack through systems.. but this? ehem.. it's like using a gun to rob a bank and then the bank taking the guy as employee how he could be so scary.. well not the best example but the fastest that I got now..
Old 10-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Game Master and Event Coordinator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraGa View Post
It was overturned in the sense that Ashur was unbanned because he's "useful" to their ends, and not because he broke the rules. That in itself is the very definition of overturned sir.

A "continued" discussion can ONLY be "continued" with ALL the staff present, at the time of the original decision, and with the additional staff for the second "continuation". The term LESS is highly objective and NOT subjective in this case.

Red Text: I'm not going to argue with you about that exact instance. I will say that the policy was modified. The only thing overturned was the decision to perma-ban Ashur, we still don't know exactly what will occur from this point, as the whole issue is still unfolding. Like I said earlier, one player is not reason enough to shout that this whole project is a farce and that the world is coming to an end. I understand your frustration on the fact that he has a bad reputation and that STAFF is dealing with a player with so much baggage, but it is what it is, as with so many other things.

Green Text: I'm guessing you aren't aware of the way that IRC and Forum discussions for STAFF take place. I can explain it for you in this way: We aren't here 24/7, and when decisions are made, those who are present will make them, as more people who are on STAFF wake up or get out of school or drop of their kids etc., they will impart their opinions on the matters if they wish to do so. After hearing from MORE people than only those who made the policy (Some of whom were without doubt present for the original decision), changes were made. Its the nature of this project, not everyone is around when they should be, so it takes a couple days for all input to be processed. It just so happens that decisions were posted DURING the discussion, rather than after getting input from everyone and then posting.

I am hoping that I can quell fears that the team is disrupting and that there is all out mayhem and havoc going on, because that is not the case. Its simply a heated debate, and hot heads speak quickly (and sometimes without 100% forethought).

SWGEmu has been around for a long time, we've dealt with countless issues more serious than this one, and the amount of outcry seems to be the result of having a test center that is "playable".

Bear with us... We listen to the community, I'm sure you all realize the efforts we put into interfacing and allowing for the free discourse of ideas, but we have to make choices that are best for the completion of a SOLID, STABLE, ACCURATE Pre-CU Experience.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Quote:
So Ashor deleting his Jedi was a meaningless attempt to trick the community into thinking he was doing the "right thing"?

Figured as much..
you figured wrong, you cannot delete something from the database, then have it magicly appear again at will.

the devs will surly fill us in on this matter. but from what i know its 100% false that he got given a NEW jedi by the devs, they would never do such a thing anyway.

they dont even want to give us admin buffs lol

Quote:
The truth and fact that I know Ashor and have been playing with him.

He got a namechange the first time around.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:53 PM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
what was said was right but thing is since you now seen as a "hacker-hugger" instead of being a hackerphob then they wont listen to you

Anyway:

Ashur had jedi etc, community complained about speed hacking he got named change.

Now with all this Ashur has genuinely deleted his jedi character and he will not get it back

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 10-19-2009, 01:55 PM

hey guys stop flaming in forums its a bannable offense. *cough* do what im doing listen to the bob marley and the beatles unplugged.

Last edited by geforce; 10-19-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: