SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 09:54 PM

can anyone tell me what the in game Measurements are for the X-wing in JTL? I've been doing some research and measuring some of the larger ships in JTL using waypoints and have come to a rather bizzare outcome, it appears that both the Nebulon B frigate as well as the Imperial Star destroyer are 60% larger than their commonly stated sizes, the Nebulon B frigate reaches almost 500 meters (cannonically 300), while the Imperial Star Destroyer stretches almost 2600 meters (1600 meters cannonically) if the X-wing's length in space (not the ground, though that might account for some things) is 20 meters than we can shrink ALL space units aproximately 40% and get their proper cannon size which would also allow for more room in Space in general, Space Stations, Asteroids etc would not have to be adjusted, though the debris fields prolly should be. the X-wing's "Proper" length is 12.5 meters and I compared pictures of on screen X-wings and JTL X-Wings looking at the R2 units for differences, and I see that, I would estimate the R2 unit looks around 60% Larger in the Movie X-wing than the JTL X-Wing.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Developer
DeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azron_Stoma View Post
can anyone tell me what the in game Measurements are for the X-wing in JTL? I've been doing some research and measuring some of the larger ships in JTL using waypoints and have come to a rather bizzare outcome, it appears that both the Nebulon B frigate as well as the Imperial Star destroyer are 60% larger than their commonly stated sizes, the Nebulon B frigate reaches almost 500 meters (cannonically 300), while the Imperial Star Destroyer stretches almost 2600 meters (1600 meters cannonically) if the X-wing's length in space (not the ground, though that might account for some things) is 20 meters than we can shrink ALL space units aproximately 40% and get their proper cannon size which would also allow for more room in Space in general, Space Stations, Asteroids etc would not have to be adjusted, though the debris fields prolly should be. the X-wing's "Proper" length is 12.5 meters and I compared pictures of on screen X-wings and JTL X-Wings looking at the R2 units for differences, and I see that, I would estimate the R2 unit looks around 60% Larger in the Movie X-wing than the JTL X-Wing.
You are the biggest nerd I've ever seen.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:03 AM

Lol Azron, I was lost half way through that post.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:17 AM
yami

Lmao
Old 01-08-2007, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultyma View Post
Rofl.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I just spit soda through my nose...... /kowtow to the nerdism....
Old 01-08-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Uh... No idea what you just said.

I can see into your deepest thoughts.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Services Manager

I think he said that the ships in SWG are larger than they are in canon literature, and that we should do something about it. I think.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:20 AM

Then he should post in the Future Server Ideas forum.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
My head hurts....:confused:
*I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.

-Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
Because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:26 AM

Last edited by Leoss; 01-08-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:28 AM

Quote:
i sort of understand what he's saying but he got way into it. I think he meant if you scale down the larger ships and the fighters you can fit more on the in-game map
Old 01-09-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
lol, I was thinknig the same exact thing.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:09 PM

Well would you look at that. =], GO SWGEMU!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
so the good thing is I totally understand what you wrote here and I agree.
but I wouldn't try and ask for more than what we're getting.
space is actually the more important part of this game to me.
Coronet - Coreillia - wp 1240 -3690(used to be)
A WANDERER ON FLURRY
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯
F L U R R Y
"If you can't dazzle them with style riddle them with proton torpedoes"
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: