Shoot first.

Check out my Star Wars: Fanon creations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
Jedi was never a problem, ever, the only problem was the population
Wait.... what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
If you couldn't kill a fully templated jedi then you're a noob. Sorry but 1337 players could drop a jedi no problem, melee or ranged.
This is why we can't have nice conversations.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:46 PM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colest View Post
Now do you actually agree with me or are you trying to make a point?
Both.

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 09-14-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamsinvera View Post
All this could be solved by simply having a PvP forum where those who want to - can talk smack. Those who do not wish to participate in flame wars can chose to stay out.

It's supposed to be a sandbox game. Except now we are all expected to quietly sit down and make sand cookies with our government approved cookie cutters.

Kicking sand in the face of those who mess with us was part of the fun of SWG!

Maybe I'll get an infraction or the cooties for saying this but ... the new forum rules were probably lifted from the KGB rule book :P

All you're doing is repressing human nature and expecting folks to behave like protocol droids that are lathered in hand sanitizers every other minute
Don't ever recall some the things people say here and often in game back in live. People were far more creative with their insults and rarely resorted to obscene language except maybe in tells. I can start posting screen shots of some the garbage that people say in Cnet if you want; we are talking about stuff that in retail games gets you PERMA BANs, yet here nothing happens...at all. Infact I dare say it's encouraged.

There is a line, dear sir, that should be drawn in that sand you talk about. Cross it, you get banned and I think a good portion of the community will cheer when it happens.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:00 PM

p.s. (since I cannot edit) I fully support a PvP section, lightly moderated so that all the need to create flamewars is placed there than in the TC one. Rivalry is ok in my books, but it needs a proper place for it.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Communications Team Manager
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamsinvera View Post
All this could be solved by simply having a PvP forum where those who want to - can talk smack. Those who do not wish to participate in flame wars can chose to stay out.

It's supposed to be a sandbox game. Except now we are all expected to quietly sit down and make sand cookies with our government approved cookie cutters.

Kicking sand in the face of those who mess with us was part of the fun of SWG!

Maybe I'll get an infraction or the cooties for saying this but ... the new forum rules were probably lifted from the KGB rule book :P

All you're doing is repressing human nature and expecting folks to behave like protocol droids that are lathered in hand sanitizers every other minute
We have a Role Playing forum that is designed for most of what you are asking I believe. We are certainly open to creating new and needed areas if that helps the progress of development.

Quote:
Also... Call me crazy but I don't think I can edit my post (as I try not to double post).

But I take it our registration dates and sech won't transfer? I like seeing my registration as it reminds me how long I've been involved with the community.
As far as I know right now and it isn't complete or fully tested yet, only your name, password and email will transfer. You bring up a good point that maybe we should look into transfering the registration dates as well, but I don't know what is possible or practical.

Quote:
2 Weeks for spamming but 9 Months for trolling? I mean, I've seen Mods troll before not to mention that vague description of trolling would give potential to Mods interpreting it the way they want (i.e. what they or their friends post "isn't" trolling but what others post "is" trolling). Everyone flames at least a little bit and often times it's not a very conscious and deliberate violation of a healthy community. Arguments get heated. Spamming, however, is a conscious violation.

However, I don't think QFE's, bumps, or Inb4 Locks can hardly be considered spamming (largely to do with the fact they aren't "re-posting" content as described by your definition of "spamming") as they aren't (again) the same conscious violation as someone re-posting a thread over and over again.

If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to see some justification behind the specificity of some of these changes (such as the ones I mentioned above).
Those things are considered spam on the SWGEmu services. At the same time it is not our intention to exclude those helpful people from doing just that, helping development. I really don't think that the honest and helpful people will have any fear of being banned.

I will agree that the spam and trolling infraction lengths are not making the most sense right now. We will review this and feel free to bring these concerns up to concerns@swgemu.com

Former SWG Carbineer Correspondent from pre-CU through the NGE
Iebas Feania on Chilastra Master Architect/Carbineer/Creature Handler

| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:38 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAfirehawk View Post
As far as I know right now and it isn't complete or fully tested yet, only your name, password and email will transfer. You bring up a good point that maybe we should look into transfering the registration dates as well, but I don't know what is possible or practical.
If that's the case then there is no point in keeping my name, all I am interested really is my registration date.

Please let us know if that is possible.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Communications Director (On Leave)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
If that's the case then there is no point in keeping my name, all I am interested really is my registration date.

Please let us know if that is possible.
It should theoretically be possible, but we will have to talk to Polonel.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

Old 09-14-2010, 08:39 PM

Yeah it would be nice if we could keep the register day :o
Nov 17 20:47 cRush
committed#2643: [added] Creature Handlers can now tame Bio-engineered Jedi.

TG & EC Cooperation
With TG being the premier US based community and EC being the premier EU based community.
USA http://www.truegalaxies.com
Europe http://www.euro-chimaera.co.uk

Report all bugs here:
http://www.swgemu.com/support/index.php

Ingame name Birk

They That Are Them.
Guild <Hoods> The Dark Hoods
~▲~
'▲ ▲ Triforce.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
It should theoretically be possible, but we will have to talk to Polonel.
Please talk to him Have you any idea how annoying it is to type this username out every time I want to log in?

And yeah, I know... If I'd have known at the time that our forum handles and logins would be the same... Oy.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixit6 View Post
p.s. (since I cannot edit) I fully support a PvP section, lightly moderated so that all the need to create flamewars is placed there than in the TC one. Rivalry is ok in my books, but it needs a proper place for it.
A PvP section would have, like, 70% of the posts, since virtualy everything is a motive for a flame war in this forum, even the opening of a PvP section.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Communications Team Manager

I don't mean to speculate, but keeping your registration date would require keeping the same name....as far as I know.

A new account name is a totally new user. Getting your old registration date or anything else on your old account requires your current name and password. That information is then checked against the forum database and then copied over to the other services, including the new forum.

Former SWG Carbineer Correspondent from pre-CU through the NGE
Iebas Feania on Chilastra Master Architect/Carbineer/Creature Handler

| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums |

Old 09-15-2010, 12:44 AM

I'm sorry to say this, but this kind of infraction system makes me less interested in playing on this emulator for multiple reasons

A: Not being able to BUMP a trade forum post, resulting in it never being seen by the public after the first day or two.

B: 1.1 Multiple SWGEmu Accounts are not permitted. Each user may only have one account. Measures are incorporated to detect multiple user accounts. Please see the Account Issues Policy for help. 3 points, never expires

If a friend is shown the emulator and creates an account while he is at your house, bam you are now banned for another person not being informed.

C: 2.4 Troll posts or threads. We define troll posts and threads as those which knowingly lead to inflammatory or off-topic messages with the intent of A) provoking other users into a desired emotional response or B) disrupting normal on-topic discussion. 1 point, expires in 9 months

Players used to use the forums to start IN GAME PVP. If you have not noticed, this has gone on IN ORDER TO GET OTHER PLAYERS TO LOGIN TO PVP. It has worked against the following guilds STORM, PROST, NINE, NUA, C, DON, and EVERY other pvp guild. I have to ask, what would you consider a personal attack as someone was recently banned for using the word SLOTH (for a long period of time as well), I have to ask... Will you ever discuss the rule with the person before issuing the infraction? Or just assume they knew what line they crossed?

D: Will there ever be a point in time where these rules are relaxed as it seems these rules are going to do nothing but get people who act like themselves, and not act "FAKE" banned or removed from this emulator. Everyone knows people that get banned find another way to play again.

For what reason was a connection added between in game and on forums? Removing the ability to post, as it was in 14.1, would be a more effective tactic granted removing them from the game only makes it so the player gets even MORE enraged and likely just makes another account after being banned.

I guess the real question is, are you really going to emulate 14.1, or just your version of 14.1? During 14.1, forum bans were not linked to in game bans unless it was not a minor infraction.

Why are minor infractions linked to in game play? Minor infractions should only effect the forums and not time spent in game.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:48 AM

Forgot to add, Will personal vendettas between staff and players continue to hinder the play of certain players who to this day are still banned?
Old 09-15-2010, 02:07 AM

Whatever helps keep you guys all organized. The easier it is for you guys to keep everything together the easier it will be for you guys to roll out the OR and eventually 1.0!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: