SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.17 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 11:35 AM

Thanks for the update people, and keep up the good work!

/kowtow

Euro-Farstar: Bothan Pistoleer, Rifleman, Swordsman *dead
alt: Weaponsmith *dead
Euro-Chimaera: Twi'lek Dancer/Musician *dead
Old 12-02-2009, 11:40 AM

I was testing my synthsteak this morning, however the ns sentinels I was fighting kept missing me.
I did not take one hit of damage, so to clear it up, is it causing npc's to miss entirely or just take no damage when they do hit?

Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both, before we commit ourselves to either.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the update and You guys on the dev team are the best! /hug for all
Old 12-02-2009, 12:20 PM

Good, cause I'm done arguing, seeing as this is just:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manly_Breakfast_Sandwhich View Post
I still haven't heard a viable reason as to fully abolish it either and realistically if you are being camped in the cloner you honestly brought it upon yourself. Most people do not camp unless given a reason.

I've offered numerous ways to escape from clone camping already so offer me 1 good reason why not to camp? You can easily escape it.

But I bet you would be in the group of people who will sit there and continue to be camped just to shout profanity at your campers in spatial chat thinking you are winning the battle of wits...

You have an option to walk away and do something else... do it, don't sit there and cry or talk about the other persons mama thinkin you are actually intellectually superior when you are flat on your back with max battle fatigue and only 1 HAM...
Burden of Proof, Ad Hominem, and Strawman.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:13 PM

Good work Dev,s
Old 12-02-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymerej View Post
I did not take one hit of damage, so to clear it up, is it causing npc's to miss entirely or just take no damage when they do hit?
You will take damage, but it will be 0. When an npc misses, they're probably miss bugged.

Where is your god now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licrei Lightwave View Post
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that finding these exploits and exploring their severity is absolutely not prohibited, but rather highly encouraged. We want people finding these loopholes. Where you'll get in hot water is when you find and use these exploits, without reporting them.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymerej View Post
I was testing my synthsteak this morning, however the ns sentinels I was fighting kept missing me.
You will see that they hit you but do 0 damage. That is bugged synthsteak. If they are constantly missing you when attacking, that is something else.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 12-02-2009, 01:18 PM

Err...my question is how exactly is clone camping happening? The only way I can think of it happening is with people who are overt, though I thought that after death you ended up reverting to covert (while I believe this should in fact be on leave, I can't 100% be sure that this was what it was pre-CU). If people aren't reverting from overt then I think that qualifies as a bug. Unless this has to do with people going back to the cloner and spamming people to enter a duel with them, in which case you could just ignore them (hopefully anyways).
Old 12-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperoranubis View Post
Err...my question is how exactly is clone camping happening? The only way I can think of it happening is with people who are overt, though I thought that after death you ended up reverting to covert (while I believe this should in fact be on leave, I can't 100% be sure that this was what it was pre-CU). If people aren't reverting from overt then I think that qualifies as a bug. Unless this has to do with people going back to the cloner and spamming people to enter a duel with them, in which case you could just ignore them (hopefully anyways).
Some players are stuck overt based on the faction bug and continue to be overt even after death. Some jedi continue to have TEF when cloned because they do not have time to unequip their sabers. These are bugs but ones we do not have time to fix in the code at the moment. It is turning into a form of griefing that will be fixed once OR rolls out. Hence, for now there is a temporary injunction of no camping the cloners.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>

Last edited by Serpentkaa; 12-02-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:04 PM

Ian Curtis would love it!

So do I!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:56 PM

Gratitude where gratitude is due, but this update seemed like a restatement of the TC:Nova & forum rules. Is news about OR development totally absent because it's above our level of understanding, or because not much progress is being made?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

There's not much to say, other than "OR work continues." It's not like content updates, where features roll out and are consumable by the community. To date, we've never attempted to quantify work on it, or asked those working on it to update specifics. I'm certain than when milestones are achieved, however, you'll be the first to know.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
Gratitude where gratitude is due, but this update seemed like a restatement of the TC:Nova & forum rules. Is news about OR development totally absent because it's above our level of understanding, or because not much progress is being made?
It is both.

The TC Rules seem need repeating at this time along with Forum and IRC rules. There have been quite a few incidents lately and players claiming to not have read them before jumping in. Everything from naming issues, to cursing out GMs, to general ass-hattery performed to see how far a player can push things. So, hint hint to those out there...read them.

Also, the OR revision has slowed down over the last week due to the holidays and several staffers dealing with finals, moving, completing projects for school, family, increased RL work, etc. Additionally, there are not quantifiable milestones pertaining to code at this time. Many of us would look for "fixed saberblock" as something we could relate to as far as code progress goes. It is my understanding, which might be incomplete, that at this point, they would have to translate what they are doing from a language most of us do not speak (i.e. ManagedObjectImplementation::initialize...); that the work is on sections of code that underlay the actual profession implementation code and not specifically something that the average forum user can relate to. Quite honestly, I am no coder and I don't understand enough to be able to write up a cohesive report on what has happened without help. Rather than speak to what a ManagedObjectImplementation is, it is something I am leaving the Devs to speak to. Anyone who does want to ask specifics about code will have to wait for our next DevChat. I would look for more round table discussions after the new year.

There has been further discussion and development on the administrative side of the NPO but nothing definite to report at this time. Many things are still in drafts. Any statements on the progress of the NPO incorporation would be speculative at this point.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

Last edited by Serpentkaa; 12-02-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: clarified the confusing statements a little
Old 12-02-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentkaa View Post
Also, the OR revision has slowed down over the last week due to the holidays and several staffers dealing with finals, moving, completing projects for school, family, increased RL work, etc. Additionally, there are not quantifiable milestones pertaining to code at this time. Many of us would look for "fixed saberblock" as something we could relate to as far as code progress goes. It is my understanding, which might be incomplete, that at this point, they would have to translate what they are doing from a language most of us do not speak (i.e. ManagedObjectImplementation::initialize...); that the work is on sections of code that underlay the actual profession implementation code and not specifically something that the average forum user can relate to. I would look for more round table discussions after the new year.
It feels like I'll just sound redundant now that you've clarified (), but I know a bit about coding and I'm learning a lot more as part of my career, so I'd like to put emphasis on coding being difficult to put into "layman's terms"; this is especially true if the coding is incomplete or, using the idea of your example, "saberblock" has not actually been fixed yet but is being worked on. In such a case, there would be even less to say unless the audience knew how coding worked and what it meant.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poocho View Post
Thanks for the update. It's good to know a bit about what's going on behind the scenes, and even a hidden indication of at least how much longer we can expect to enjoy our current incarnation of the Emu.

Keep it up guys!
Care to elaborate for someone who doesn't know any better?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: