SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 PM

Personally this was good for me at least...I have a family and I don't have plenty of time playing swg. I like my toon that I have played with since last year and it would be kind of boring and it would take a lot of precious time to build up that character again after a wipe.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:15 PM

Think the devs get no profit from this? Even if there's barely cash left besides the donations, there's more types of gain. I'm too old to believe the entire dev team exists of zealot altruists.

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-28-2010, 01:17 PM

As expected, epic lols.
GG.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:20 PM

Good job keeping things under control admins. Though I am disappointed that the majority includign myself voted for a wipe and it is not going to happen I can see why. I have been following the forums very closley and all I can see is a follows.
***** ***** ***** Whine Whine Cry tantrum ***** whine cry.
I am sorry that you asked for mature opinions and this comunity only proves that we need you to feed us and change our nappies. This is going to bring a whole lot of hell from the people that dont care however those of us that want to see this done and done right truely understand the need for a intact community and if wiping would split the comunity then no wipe was the right descion.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:21 PM

I hope we get even MORE donations. More Solid State Devices and high end stuff = greasy server performance in the long run.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
Wrong.
The VAST majority voted for a wipe.
One or more moderators on this board altered the vote count and then deleted the poll thread.

(I'll post these links again since I know it'll be asked)
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/pollafterclose.png/
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/pollam...foreclose.png/

Take a close look at those numbers.
All that proves is that you know how to take a screenshot.

Do you have access to the vote records to know how each account voted? Do you have access to the account logs to ensure all the accounts that voted are unique users and not dupe accounts?

If not, there's no way we can trust ANY of the votes on face value.

You're treating the before pic as solid numbers, which they may not actually be. The vote count may have been altered long before the vote ended, by users let alone any possible fixing by the mods.

With the lack of proof to the contrary, the entire vote is suspect, not just the last minute.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post
And your amount donated is?

Not much, but more than you apparently!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
All that proves is that you know how to take a screenshot.

Do you have access to the vote records to know how each account voted? Do you have access to the account logs to ensure all the accounts that voted are unique users and not dupe accounts?

If not, there's no way we can trust ANY of the votes on face value.

You're treating the before pic as solid numbers, which they may not actually be. The vote count may have been altered long before the vote ended, by users let alone any possible fixing by the mods.

With the lack of proof to the contrary, the entire vote is suspect, not just the last minute.
You're not looking close enough. Unless you have an explanation about how people cast NEGATIVE votes.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranewreck View Post
wow, i hear lots of complains about a FREE game. Hours of time spent on programming a game the was destroyed by SOE on their own time. Im pretty sure most of you here complaining have not a clue what it has taken to even get this game to the playable point it is, but you sure ass hell study how to dupe, cheat and talk **** the entire way through the process. These guys arent SOE, they asked a simple question about a wipe that im sure they dreaded posting. For the Devs, thank you. done a hell of a job, for all you crybabies out there, leave... go play wow or star trek online. FLAME ON!!
100%

Rest of you whining at devs, **** You.

How dare you whine at the devs for a free game, building a game on their own time, to relive the Pre-CU golden days.

If you cant take it leave, we dont want you in the community anways, ****ing kids these days.

Good job devs, do what needs to be done in your own mind.

That said, while the devs might not see any money in their pocket, I am sure creating a emulator for any type of a game is a +1 on a resume and the donations for equipment needed will always be in their hands, not saying they arent making no profit at all in any form, but they arent going to get rich.

Also if the OR is delivered and promised, and JTL is a for sure within a year or two after the OR, I would pay a 5-10 dollar subscription, asking anymore then 10 though is WAY out of whack.

But IMO the devs should at least ask for a 5 dollar monthly sub fee.

Last edited by Izure; 04-28-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izure View Post
100%

How dare you whine at the devs for a free game, building a game on their own time, to relive the Pre-CU golden days.

If you cant take it leave, we dont want you in the community anways, ****ing kids these days.

That said, while the devs might not see any money in their pocket, I am sure creating a emulator for any type of a game is a +1 on a resume and the donations for equipment needed will always be in their hands, not saying they arent making no profit at all in any form, but they arent going to get rich.

Also if the OR is delivered and promised, and JTL is a for sure within a year or two after the OR, I would pay a 5-10 dollar subscription, asking anymore then 10 though is WAY out of whack.

Yes they do this on their own time, that's their choice. Nobody's thanking me for mowing my mother's lawn on my own time.

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-28-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
You're not looking close enough. Unless you have an explanation about how people cast NEGATIVE votes.
And you're missing the point. Do we have any proof that the POSITIVE votes weren't fudged?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Not much, but more than you apparently!
Aye since you were called on it.. might be wise to believe to pay to play if you pay first not after you make bold statements

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-28-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
100%

so much wrong with this.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahed View Post
Yes they do this on their own time, that's their choice. Nobody's thanking me for mowing my mother's lawn on my own time.
Except maybe your mother. The recipient of your mowing prowess.

We are the recipients of the dev's largesse of time and effort spent rebuilding the Pre-CU game we're playing.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:

wow...
Isn't that code for "I will never donate"?

Why would $15/month be WAY out of whack for a FULLY functional SWG emulator?

They won't be requiring monthly fees either. Unless I'm mistaken that would bring in the lawyers from both SOE and Lucas....
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: