SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News

Notices

Community News Community Bulletins, Service downtimes and minor announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Exclamation Forum Account Rollback 09/15/10

Good morning everyone,

Around 7am EST on Wednesday 15th September, a database error occured which culminated in the loss of all forum accounts. As a result, we have had to roll back all user accounts to their state on June 4th 2010. No other areas / functions have been disrupted - all posts, threads, PMs etc are as they were when you last saw them.

You will be unable to log in if you registered your account after June 4th 2010. Unfortunately you will need to register a new one. Please note that any posts you have made on your previous account will still exist, they will simply come up as from a guest account under your name.

If you registered BEFORE June 4th 2010 and are still having trouble logging in, it is likely that you have changed your password since then. Try using your password from June if you remember it, or use the “Forgot my password” function. If you are still unable to login using your old email / password, please contact us through the support@swgemu.com email and we will get you a new password (or do our best to help you out!)

We’re extremely sorry about any harm that has been done. It was unforeseeable, and to combat this in the future, we will be significantly stepping up our server backups to (at least) weekly cycles.

Kind regards, and sincere apologies

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Last edited by Max; 09-15-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:02 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Thanks for the heads-up.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 AM
firsttolastt

Any idea when this will be fixed?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Updated. Please read carefully.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 AM
firsttolastt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Good morning everyone,

Around 7am EST on Wednesday 15th September, a database error occured which culminated in the loss of all forum accounts. As a result, we have had to roll back all user accounts to their state on June 4th 2010. No other areas / functions have been disrupted - all posts, threads, PMs etc are as they were when you last saw them.

You will be unable to log in if you registered your account after June 4th 2010. Unfortunately you will need to register a new one. Please note that any posts you have made on your previous account will still exist, they will simply come up as from a guest account under your name.

If you registered BEFORE June 4th 2010 and are still having trouble logging in, it is likely that you have changed your password since then. Try using your password from June if you remember it, or use the “Forgot my password” function. If you are still unable to login using your old email / password, please contact us through the support@swgemu.com email and we will get you a new password (or do our best to help you out!)

We’re extremely sorry about any harm that has been done. It was unforeseeable, and to combat this in the future, we will be significantly stepping up our server backups to (at least) weekly cycles.

Kind regards, and sincere apologies
Are you telling me my toons and items are gone for good?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttolastt View Post
Even if they are its getting wiped soon anyway.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
if they arent now they will be in the matter of days/weeks.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:04 PM
firsttolastt

For the people who have and the people who are going to post about the wipe.

The wipe has no date. Even if it is a week from now id still like to do some BHing till then. Just because the wipe is "Soon" Which it dosint seem to be soon. Who is to say i or anyone else cant enjoy the play time till then. Why are people so quick to go OMG QQ who cares the wipe is soon. You can still play and enjoy it until then.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:08 PM

This is a test centre, you shouldn't get too attached to your toons. You can still log in and enjoy, but database persistence is no guarantee on, you guessed it, a test centre.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:15 PM
firsttolastt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
This is a test centre, you shouldn't get too attached to your toons. You can still log in and enjoy, but database persistence is no guarantee on, you guessed it, a test centre.
Im sorry where did you get that im attached or that i was unaware of how the test center works? I simple asked for a more stright forward answer as the one given didint clearly state if the account/toons were or were not recoverable. So yes i know how a test center works and im not upset or blaming anyone if this is the case. So please learn to read before you flame.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:18 PM

I would write something to the effect of what lobreeze said but then I realized I have said it like one million times.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
you need to re read O(riginal)P(ost).
this is a FORUM account rollback.
the server for the website and the server for the test center are NOT the same.

Last edited by PhantomLeader; 09-15-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Removed personal attacks.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
And i would tell you to read my reply to him/her. Dont worrie. Logic is hard for most people. You are not alone with the inability to use basic common sense and logic.
You will be unable to log in if you registered your account after June 4th 2010. Unfortunately you will need to register a new one.

Theres your answer in case you didn't bother reading the post. You dont need clarification with the following post above.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:33 PM

i give up Lobreeze is right.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:34 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Just register with you old user names and hope that what happened wont affect NOVA, forums were not affected, all threads and posts are still here.

I'm probably giving you false hope, but its worth a try.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: