SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 12:47 PM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraGa View Post
So essentially Ashur, I can begin a hacking the SWGemu project, creating hacks for SWGemu LEGALLY as long as I submit them to the "hacker team"?

e.g: I create a teleportation hack, and i'll never be banned?
Probably by the sounds of it as long as you do not use it

Quote:
Not only that but Sosko has been DOS attacking our ventrilo for the past couple days since he was banned? I was wondering why he stopped, he was unbanned >_>!
Sosko would not know how to DoS attack anything.
He can however download a slightly modified executable of Ventrilo which causes people to crash which is not a DoS attack at all.

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 10-19-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur View Post
sorry but im gonna call you an idiot right here, you mean that the speedhack detection was never used in swgemu before now? LMAO

atm you are a tool, if you think i go around and grief people, i have never griefed anyone, and if you dont believe me, so be it, i couldnt care less

i didnt do it to delay their quest, are you really that stupid to think i would travel 6km just to **** someone over?
Is this the kind of attitude we have to look forward to with the new "team"?

Something doesn't smell right with this whole thing. I think some additional consideration is needed as to the future of this project and where it's headed.

I'm not real keen on the idea of promoting the inmates to guards and giving their shanks back after causing a riot in the cafeteria.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Even though we are told he's in the process of being UNBANNED, because he's friends with several staff member like you?

BAM! Eat horse poodoo and die Ashur .
you get "told" alot dont you?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oru View Post
I can't speak on behalf of the whole team but when this idea came to my table, i said go with zero-tolerance without any hesitation. Then some of the developers raised their voices, how are we going to find these exploits if we restrict and punish these hackers. On the other hand we must eliminate the system being used for their advantage and provide a good testing environment for all the other players.

So we have adjusted the policy. Was it a rushed decision? Probably. Is there a chance we adjust it even further. Of course! I'am trying to be as open-minded as possible and you should rather come to me directly instead of going to public with complaints like this. The problems raised by many of you here is noted and being considered. It has a valid point, that we should use someone else for the job then the given individuals.
Why a good dev showed proof of your corruption. How about hackers leaking info on you guys because they wanna show off.

Val and Max and others that are here working with the project and the community we stand behind you. Its the corrupted one looking out for friends and don't care about the community that is really sad. These hackers have no respect for you guys or the community. I mean they call you guys the scrubs of the team. I mean thats bold.

In knowing they over turned Ashur and crew is just more proof of how corrupt they are without voting or talking it over with the full team/staff.

I am deeply disappointed in the lies and cover up. I agree also having a team to find and fix the exploits and ways of hacking is great but having these people that were caught using them and greifing and now bring back from banning and given special titles from the corrupted part of the staff is just amazing.

Like in major companies ... heads need to roll after screwups to keep the masses happy.
The best man for the job isn't always the best man for the team.

I do not know Ashur nor the history, so it's nothing personal, but it's obvious what needs to happen here.

Think damage control .... take a discission and nip this in the butt.

Last edited by MarlonB; 10-19-2009 at 12:52 PM.

If i rob a bank, then return the money, do i get the same amount of respect that ashur is getting for deleting his jedi? oh and btw, why were you out at the village in the first place Ashur if it wasn't to grief?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippster View Post
Is this the kind of attitude we have to look forward to with the new "team"?

Something doesn't smell right with this whole thing. I think some additional consideration is needed as to the future of this project and where it's headed.

I'm not real keen on the idea of promoting the inmates to guards and giving their shanks back after causing a riot in the cafeteria.
sorry for all of this rippster, you are right that i shouldnt engange in this, but im not gonna be on the team, im probably gonna get perma banned, and have my acct deleted.

but as you can see im getting attacked from several people, kinda hard to neglect this.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
sorry for all of this rippster, you are right that i shouldnt engange in this, but im not gonna be on the team, im probably gonna get perma banned, and have my acct deleted.

but as you can see im getting attacked from several people, kinda hard to neglect this.
You seem to be neglecting my post enough.

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
Old 10-19-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
why did the youtube video get deleted by the guy that uploaded it then?? it showed me meditating and 10 ppl shouting "get him get him" & oh this is gonna be so fun" and loads of other oh not so nice things, then you all ran up, i popped a drink and forcearmor2 and ran away. one guy even said look he is speedhacking lol (even tho its impossible to speedhack when the detection software is running)

and i didnt say anything until one guy yelled run *****. funny thing is, all this and no proofe to back it up.

wo you really are en ignorant tool you know that? its impossible to speedhack when the speedhack software is running.

why on earth would i do that? at the time i was friends with most of you guys.

have i ever done anything before that, that hinted towards me being a douche like that?

again after someone shouted run *****, i got mad.
You were just added to the Exploitation Team for the EMU correct? So I guess that would include the way you speak to the community and/or present yourself as being part the the SWGemu Team should be a little more appropriate. With that being said, perhaps you should ease up on the way you are speaking to others on here, you are making yourself and the team look pretty bad. All community's venting and opinions is to be expected, so roll with the punches for now and respond a little later.

Last edited by Miller0000; 10-19-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
This controversy is just awful any way you slice it. It's split the EMU community right down the middle. Personally I think the integrity of the game is more important than any single player or guild.
Controversy?

-We have proof of Ashur speedhacking
-We have numerous staff members quitting over this BS(they know more than us behind the scenes)
-$o$Ko was recorded admitting Ashur & most of his people in STORM speedhacked & exploited, and that MAX was nothing more than a "low ranking CSR with a loud mouth". <===Also Recorded
-We have NUMEROUS staff telling us that Ashur was caught (by staff members) and banned TWICE.

HOW is this a controversy? A controversy is a state of prolonged public dispute or debate usually concerning a matter of opinion. This is NOT public opinion that's going on here, this is FACT that the community, and several staff members, are being blind sided with favoritism with hackers.

Essentially all we have to do is be good at creating hacks for SWGemu and we can get a staff position with mediocre power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
....../agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller0000 View Post
You were just added to the Exploitation Team for the EMU correct. So I guess that would include the way you speak to the community and/or present yourself as being part the the SWGemu Team should be a little more appropriate. With that being said, perhaps you should ease up on the way you are speaking to others on here, you are making yourself and the team look pretty bad. All community's venting and opinions is to be expected, so roll with the punches for now and respond a little later.
as i said, im not gonna be ON the team. when i saw that people didnt like the idea i knew right then that i wasnt the right man for the job.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oru View Post
He might be but he is caught on cheating again, the ban will come for good this time.
Nice again. Hes been caught many times. How many chances does one get. If this was me or someone else not friends with the corrupted staff we would never gotten so many chances.

Let the others that were banned back. Its only fair.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
you mean this?

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=209
Old 10-19-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
only reason i did that was because so many people thought i used the speedhack to get jedi, which i didnt, everything with jedi was legit, and since i was the first one i got alot of benefits, looted holo easy, the grind was easy since jedi xp was much higher, had easy rumors all the way, and the most important thing....

i was one of the first that figured out rumors, like a week before it was mentioned on the jedi progression thread. I had done i think 10 rumors by the time it became public that rumors was the way to go.

and who on earth runs around looking for their rumor mobs? i just used the luas hehe
Did you edit the .lua or just read it? Assuming you're talking about Lua script, it's an exploit used to get Jedi faster either way.

Quote:
sorry but im gonna call you an idiot right here, you mean that the speedhack detection was never used in swgemu before now? LMAO

atm you are a tool, if you think i go around and grief people, i have never griefed anyone, and if you dont believe me, so be it, i couldnt care less

i didnt do it to delay their quest, are you really that stupid to think i would travel 6km just to **** someone over?
V
Quote:
funny how some people have completly misunderstood what happened
Then explain the following, is it not true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
Then why did you shout in spatial "I killed Mellachie for you guys! Hahaha" right after ruining Wrikes Padawan quest? I told you in the Cnet cantina that a group was on the way to complete the trial. 10 mins later you were there killing Mellachie.

Look, you gained respect by deleting your Jedi (assuming you aren't given a new one), so don't ruin that by continuing to claim you didn't intentionally ruin Wrikes quest.
Quote:
funny how people get things wrong wow, i am speechless,

my toon didnt get deleted, i only got a name change

thats it, nothing more to say about that.
^ This is the reason for a lot of the outrage, you were given special treatment, a name change. Who else gets a name change? If you did nothing wrong, as you say, then why apologize at all... why was a name change needed, and finally, why come in this thread and give more reason for those already pissed by your actions to protest more?

You have the potential to be a decent guy, I've seen it. You really need to work on anger issues though, and stop being so damned defensive when you know you're wrong.

My issue wasn't with you, it was with the decision to give special treatment, you just happened to be the recipient. Don't get that confused.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: