SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 07:14 AM

1 hacker - 2 developers = Fail

whats going on here
Old 10-19-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaminu View Post
Seriously. Where do you people get off moaning at these people that are developing this game for us to play again in it's true form before soe took too much lsd?

If you don't like their decisions, tough sh!t, move along.

Seriously you people do my nut in.
I'll be the one laughing when I'm right.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
It was clearly stated that if anyone who's been given the opportunity to help identify and rectify exploits does what you're indicating, they'll be blacklisted.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but the purpose of the exploitation team is to find exploits. No one is questioning that it's a great addition; the conflict is that a known cheater and griefer is now charged with finding the exploits. Ashor has shown nothing to show that he can be trusted with such an important task.

What kind of reassurances do we have that he won't abuse an exploit? Assume briefly that he finds an exploitation that allows him to train boxes without costing skill points (perhaps through a client hack). Will he report the exploit or keep it a secret (so that when v1.0 is out, he can use the exploit for a huge advantage)? He has been giving the “green light” to find all the exploits he can. Ashor has already shown a lack of ethics and morality in regards to the swgemu community.

This will get a little redundant (my apologies). Suppose he finds an exploit that he can “hide” until SC is released, abuses it to get an unfair advantage with confidence that he won't get caught, and finally reports it claiming that he just found it. He has already shown his willingness to abuse exploits, so this is something he is now in a position to do. He can not be trusted.

Flame on!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Quality Assurance Deputy Manager
Quality Assurance

I am sorry but these actions have just done serious damage to the project. Lies, mistrust and lazyness

This is not just about the speed hacks. Ashor intentionally disrupted non storm guild jedi unlocks just so that they can control the jedi population. This is not to do with speed hacking and alone should have been recieving some form of ban. If we cannot get him on speed hacks, we should have got rid of him totally

enough said
Old 10-19-2009, 07:45 AM

Say goodbye to suncrusher
Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 AM

The problem is the sence of justice. You say we don't have a "right" to complain, but justice always works above rights. Even a child has an understanding of justice. When fairness goes out the window it is quite natural for people to get pissed off. And believe me, its hard to restore trust in such a blatantly corrupt system.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itek View Post
Say goodbye to suncrusher
You do realize that we can all say goodbye to Pre-CU if Devs decide not to finish the project, or do you want to go to ANH and start making demands there, see how they will react?

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 10-19-2009, 08:00 AM

Exploits are bugs that usually aren't reported by players so that they can be used for personal gain.
Maybe the Devs and CSRs are tired of these?
Aren't you?

<STORM> has been disbanded.

IGNs: Ruledo, Epic Fail, Lewt, Echuta Cino, OMG Buffs and Senator Ruledo

Last edited by Ruledo; 10-19-2009 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
You do realize that we can all say goodbye to Pre-CU if Devs decide not to finish the project, or do you want to go to ANH and start making demands there, see how they will react?
True ... but only as much as this project needs a supporting community.
One doesn't do well without the other.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruledo View Post
Exploits are bugs that usually aren't reported by players so that they can be used for personal gain.
Exactly. An exploitation team is a welcomed addition. Making Ashor a member of that team? Not so much.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Demands?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:15 AM

a few points worth making here.

1. ashur has gotten a bad wrap because of a few people.
2. obviously noone has a clue how speed hacking works since its believed to be a keybind
3. THIS IS A TEST CENTER (generic i know but has to be said)
4. ashur was not the main culprit in all this
5. Bootsy is the sexiest sullastan ever
Old 10-19-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlada View Post
you do realize that we can all say goodbye to pre-cu if devs decide not to finish the project, or do you want to go to anh and start making demands there, see how they will react?

qfe!!!
Soon: Copyright 2003-2009 SWGEmu. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between SWGEmu and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, SWGEmu does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as SWGEmu will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
Old 10-19-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post

1. ashur has gotten a bad wrap because of a few people.
No one made him grief and exploit. He did that himself.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:27 AM

My god you guys whine alot. Pretty sad
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: