SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 06:47 AM

I came here to make sure I understand the rules... My Wife and I both started playing last week, and we do have separate accounts and computers. We also have 4 kids who are using one of our accounts from time to time, and they have their own computers. I would think this should be ok, but now I don't know... So at any given time one or both of our accounts could be played on any one of my home computers, or laptops. I currently have 4 gaming Computers, and 3 laptops. I was hoping to leave my miner on my laptop while I'm at work to harvest, so I need to know if that's ok as well. Bottom line... We have 2 accounts being shared with 6 family members all under the same roof.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:55 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

For one person to have more than one account is against the rules, and that is not your case, so you are fine, i think.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 03-02-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
For one person to have more than one account is against the rules, and that is not your case, so you are fine, i think.
Oh ok, great! We're definitely not doing that, in fact we only have the 2 accounts for 6 people to share With the hopping around different systems in my house I was a bit nervous about being banned, so I figured I better be safe and check it out.

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

In case that something like that ever happens, though i doubt it will at this point (it usually happens right after the creation of a new account) just send an email to community@segemu.com, explain your situation and ask them to lift that ban.

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 03-02-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
In case that something like that ever happens, though i doubt it will at this point (it usually happens right after the creation of a new account) just send an email to community@segemu.com, explain your situation and ask them to lift that ban.
This is great advice, and what I did before purchasing a second client for my second computer for my daughter. Ask the specific questions you want answered and they will respond to them. Just remember not to play two seperate clients simultaneously on the same computer or the same client simultaneously on seperate computers. If you contact them and let them know what is going on, you will not have to worry about it.
Where is the "I don't care, just wipe it already" option?

Please use the search function in the forms before making a post. Chances are if you are having issues connecting to the server, others are as well. If you check recent forum posts, your question will probably be answered. Also, the guides forum is no place to post about server status. A more appropriate place would be the Nova Test Center discussion forum located here. http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Old 03-02-2010, 06:13 PM

I dont like this site. Way too many power trips and lies.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:40 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenz View Post
I dont like this site. Way too many power trips and lies.
Could you elaborate please?

Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Could you elaborate please?
I dont need to. If you open your eyes a little you will see. I been around for a very long time. Its all blah blah blah now.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Retired Game Master

There's a logout button at the top of the page. Feel free to use that if you like, but otherwise allow this thread to stick to the appropriate topic.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deachus Cruairchall View Post
This is great advice, and what I did before purchasing a second client for my second computer for my daughter. Ask the specific questions you want answered and they will respond to them. Just remember not to play two seperate clients simultaneously on the same computer or the same client simultaneously on seperate computers. If you contact them and let them know what is going on, you will not have to worry about it.
i was told this was ok
and have had my crafter doing his sampling on my pc while i play on my laptop
i spoke to one of the mods on irc about it and he said it was ok

if a dev sees this and it is not ok please do tell me
iv tried runing the 2 on my laptop since i recently found out how but it starts heating up really bad
so i would prefer to keep doing it the way i have bean

Last edited by Ghalion; 03-04-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:59 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghalion View Post
i was told this was ok
and have had my crafter doing his sampling on my pc while i play on my laptop
i spoke to one of the mods on irc about it and he said it was ok

if a dev sees this and it is not ok please do tell me
iv tried runing the 2 on my laptop since i recently found out how but it starts heating up really bad
so i would prefer to keep doing it the way i have bean
It is OK, having multiple instances is on two different computers is fine, you can also run two instances on the same computer.

However, like i said before, same person having two different accounts is against the rules.

So you are fine, nothing to worry about.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:22 AM

Still confused

I read most of the 17 pages of this post and am still lost. If my wife and i want to play on two computers from the same house, I e-mail phantomleader? Like, what is the full address for the e-mail?

What do I do to run 2 characters on one account on one computer? People were calling it Mult-boxing? It sounds like the 'allow multiple instances' from SWG. But i do this with one account huh?

I can also run two characters from one account on two computers at the same time?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:26 PM

My wife and i play different accounts from same house.
-Diff accounts...same house....behind one router...different PCs
-if you have issues contact PhantomLeader by their profile...just click their name on very first post...sry i cant copy-paste here

I play two characters from my account on same PC
-Get in game....hit alt+tab to shrink game....start game again....log in again...pick different character...go back and forth by alt+tabbing

These are both legal...you cannot have two accounts for yourself, but honestly you dont need it.

AtronuTragona...PM me if you need more help.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:02 PM

My question is, is there a maximum of instances for the account that one person can do? because if there is then the first page should read "you cannot have multiple accounts, but you can run X amount of instances on that account. because i have been told at most i can run 2 instances by in game players. So... i would just like some clarification.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:12 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnon View Post
My question is, is there a maximum of instances for the account that one person can do? because if there is then the first page should read "you cannot have multiple accounts, but you can run X amount of instances on that account. because i have been told at most i can run 2 instances by in game players. So... i would just like some clarification.
One person, one account, two instances logged at the same time.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: