SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 08:25 PM

You don't need to go prone usually, just shuttle.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:40 PM

It works!!!!
Woo Hoo Im Free!!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:02 PM

Speculating recurring causes:

I've found that returning to an area where I was stuck in the box after escaping it causes the problem to return. An example is that I shuttled from Doaba Gurfel (where I was stuck in the box) to Tyrena (where it was fixed). I then shuttled back (because Doaba Gurfel was where I needed to be in the first place) and was stuck in the box again.

I don't know what the technical explanation is, but it would seem it involves the "map" that your player sits on and problems with memory (going straight back doesn't "refresh" the bugged map?).

I'll have to test this with a full logout and see what happens.

Edit: Tested with a full logout. I shuttled to Tyrena as before, escaped from the box, logged/exited out of the client completely (this was with one client up), and then logged back in and shuttled to Doaba Gurfel (the original problem area).

So far, no recurring rubberbanding, unlike the previous results.

Last edited by Labyrinth; 11-15-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:48 PM

Tonight, I was having rubberbanding box behavior in an otherwise normal (no rubberbanding session). It was related to rivers in southern Talus. It would start as I was swimming across the river. It was only in the south, not in the north. I travelled the length of the continent today.

It would start as I was about 2/3 across the river. It persisted until I was about 50m out of the river. Then it went away. I noted one coord set. Confirmed that it happened in the vicinity of -2974 -3965 on Talus.

edit: IGN Jole
Old 11-16-2009, 06:06 PM

I have noticed a good portion of the past few days this Rubberbanding box
Old 11-17-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repairit View Post
A fix that I've been using is this:

Step 1)

Create a macro to loop /stand.

Macro name Stand
/stand;
/pause 1;
/macro stand;

Step 2: Head to your nearest Starport. And then travel to a shuttle inside the city and then back to the Starport.

(Ex: If you're in Coronet, activate your stand macro and buy a ticket to Shuttle A and then fly back from Shuttle A to the Starport.)

Note: I've been rubberbanded 4 times now, and this has worked everytime for me. Hope it works for others as well.

Enjoy.

You, sir, are a genius. I was getting so frustrated because I kept getting this bug, often on all my toons at the same time, so I couldn't even kill myself. This fix works perfectly. It's not even frustrating when I get boxed, anymore.

All the kudos in the galaxy to you!
Old 11-18-2009, 02:19 PM

playing with this last night and trying to "force" a box ... with some success. there were two things that "forced" a box for me , one was multiple instances and tabbing back and forth between them (created a full-on box where the /stand macro could not get me out) and creating a new toon (minor box)

I have found that the new player itms are nonexistant and create errors when transfering them into the bank "unknown error has occured during container transfer" kinda thing, deleting these itms and applying a self-fix solved the new toon problem for me

multiple instances seem to apply the bug on me as well, depending on the bandwith being used at the time (3 toon in cnet cantina at once and quickly tabbing back and forth through them caused this .... INCONSISTANTLY ... but caused it none the less) this created a box where i could not break, or required exceptional amounts of paintence to get to a shuttle.

there was one other way where i getting the RB bug , and i had an itm in my inventory that would disappear from time to time and when reappeared would auto-equip, i deleted this itm as well and it seemed to do tha trick

what fixes these things most often is the /stand macrothen shuttle (is not 100% for me)
and the go prone and clone method (i made work 10 times ina row)

as i said before these are things that i tried and what i did about them, so its not the "bible" of fixes hehe, but if these can work for you, here they are

Don't Click Here
Old 11-18-2009, 07:11 PM

Jamming stand works to get places, however it beats the hell outa keyboards. Broke one my buttons other day going from middle nowhere Lok to the SP, since stand macro does not work quite as good as bashing a hotkey. The button in question is now totally in operable, lol. Thankfully I had a spare in the closet....

As to the triggers, no it can't be our side. It's the anti cheat algorithim being evil. I just logged on today, only one instance running and had it happen to 4 characters....

Anyrate, the /prone /stand /shuttle fix tends to work the most for me. But can take up to 6 tries.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Retired Game Master

Kudos to those who have a sense of humor about this....the best #swgemusupport entry today was:

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 11-23-2009, 08:24 PM

Two new characters and both stuck in the spawn point outside eisley starport. Can't move one foot without zapping back. And no macro's running and only one instance of swg running. Gawd!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:55 PM

from the new toons ( 6 of them) i created i found that deleting the itms in your inventory and having somebody, kill you while you are prone will solve this ... if this does not work , please join #swgemusupport on IRC and they will get to you as soon as they can

from what i deduce is that since things are buggy atm ... some items are buggy as well ... and the detection software is seeing this as a "hack" ... it is being worked on

Don't Click Here
Old 11-24-2009, 10:45 PM

It's started happening to me every time I travel to a starport. I'm spending as much time prone at shuttleports now as I am playing the game

But I knew what I was getting into when I installed an early beta, so I'm not complaining. I'm just glad to have an opportunity to play at all. OR can't come fast enough!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:41 PM

Spamming F1 while running helped me get to the shuttle lol
Old 12-01-2009, 06:10 PM
QA Community Tester Team

Getting killed is also an easy method if you're on Tatooine or Theed, or anywhere with a large number of annoyingly powerful creatures. x.x
Quote:
Originally Posted by james082 View Post
Please don't kill my family.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:24 PM

For peeps saying that the Stand macro doesn't work, try this

call the macro Stand
/stand;
/macro Stand;

don't put a pause in it, or if you must, set the pause at 0.01. When I rubberband, I'll usually run this macro 4 to 6 times total, and i'm able to get anywhere I need to. I usually head to the nearest shuttleport and travel to another shuttle using the prone technique.

Hope that helps
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: