SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 09-29-2007, 10:38 AM

I just made a run from AH to Bestine and saw creatures all along the way. Were these spawned by a mod or is part of something larger?
Old 09-29-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikhan1977 View Post
I just made a run from AH to Bestine and saw creatures all along the way. Were these spawned by a mod or is part of something larger?
Well they weren't spawned 1 by 1 by a Dev that would take too long. Its a random spawn not the same spawns that were on Tat but spawns none the less . Also not sure what you mean part of something larger ? I'm guessing you think it might be for an event if thats what your thinking I don't think it is I'm pretty sure there just random spawns.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasheir View Post
The time that it is taking these guys, I have great expectations for the final result. I've played on WoW Emu's which just plain suck; and that game came out after SWG. Even watching lineage 2 emu's compared to how their supposed to be is, well, forget it.

Keep up the good work DEVs!
what does a games release date have anything to do with how the Emulated servers will run?
Old 09-30-2007, 10:07 AM

i dont think this thread is used anymore
Old 09-30-2007, 12:23 PM

I have looked at this thread for EVER, and I always read that the updates are not done in any chronological order, but I see they put like May 24th - did this... June 15th - did that... And every time I look at that I can't help but think that IS chronological order isn't it... Updates in order of time!??!?!?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoman258 View Post
I have looked at this thread for EVER, and I always read that the updates are not done in any chronological order, but I see they put like May 24th - did this... June 15th - did that... And every time I look at that I can't help but think that IS chronological order isn't it... Updates in order of time!??!?!?
That's not what the warning label is for. I thought some people might find it confusing because it's right under that section. What they mean is, EVERYTHING above the update list.

Last edited by Roidrage667; 10-03-2007 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-03-2007, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero164 View Post
The day I quit, sometime after the CU. I wondered into the centre of Coronet and tipped anyone who could make me laugh 1,000,000cr.

Then I gave away everything, and walked into the countryside naked and got myself killed by a durni. Then cancelled my account.
LOL sounds like you enjoyed your prolonged suicide.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasheir View Post
The time that it is taking these guys, I have great expectations for the final result. I've played on WoW Emu's which just plain suck; and that game came out after SWG. Even watching lineage 2 emu's compared to how their supposed to be is, well, forget it.

Keep up the good work DEVs!

There's a big difference between making something that's "functional", and making a game that's truly fun to play. I haven't played any of the other emulators, but I've heard a lot of bad about them. It looks like the SWGEmu team is taking their time, not only because it's a huge undertaking, but because they're doing it right.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:35 AM

Amen to that brotha!
I trust these guys.. They are gamers like us and they know how its supposed to be when it comes to SWG =}
amarait?
October 3 2007 - I searched google with this tag "star wars galaxies" hoping to find a picture of the old skilltree to look back on and remember the happy days... I found something better www.swgemu.com
Old 10-03-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grud View Post
There's a big difference between making something that's "functional", and making a game that's truly fun to play. I haven't played any of the other emulators, but I've heard a lot of bad about them. It looks like the SWGEmu team is taking their time, not only because it's a huge undertaking, but because they're doing it right.
Also you have to take into fact Pre-CU is not around anymore the devs do not have a lot to work with. Unlike what they had to do for the WOW emulators was just log onto WOW and capture packets all day. The devs here can't do that since Pre-CU doesn't exist anymore.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:12 PM

Is the emu working? I dunno if it is and i cant find out cause im getting confused searching around and stuff. Anyway sorry bout the dumb question, im kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff
Through power i gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:10 AM

the TC is always up
Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 AM

yea the TC is leet
Old 10-04-2007, 05:48 PM

Ok, now how do i get on? Sorry again for the stupid questions. ><
Through power i gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:38 PM

Read the FAQ. Theres a guide that tells you.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: