SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 03:22 PM

I guess people forget this isn't a democracy. It is a public forum and project headed by a volunteer group (STAFF/Devs).

The polls, from what I understand, were to gather opinions. In the first poll, they (STAFF/Devs) clearly realized they hadn't provided enough information and decided to give us a second chance.

The second poll was far more detailed, unfortunately trolls, children, and multiple account spammers ruined it for the rest of us (as detailed in the OP). The community, as mentioned earlier, really showed its colors.

They haven't spelled doom out to us. They have just chosen to wait a couple more months for a wipe, which was the plan the entire time anyways. I hate to sound like a fanboy, but seriously, some of you are just being silly.

And to top it all off, I don't even remember them promising a wipe if the majority voted yes. I seem to recall it was more of a "we will only wipe if the majority is 66% or higher to do it." I don't remember, "we will, most certainly, wipe the server if the majority to do so is 66% or higher."

And by the way, this is nothing compared to SOE's disasters. Think back. Those of you who decided to keep playing through the CU might just remember a certain poll for the NGE. See how well that went? lol
Old 04-27-2010, 03:23 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivoh View Post
When your ass has **** on it, you wipe it.
When dupers turn the server to ****...you should wipe it not a hard concept.
Im pissed because they promised a wipe if the majority got the vote, the vast majority got it, and instead of keeping the promise, they tell us "Nevermind"...
Guess I won't play a game that has **** all over it.

Once it's wiped I'll be back.

Anyone who reaches me ingame on Seaweed can have all my "NON"duped money.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bredon_Kin'dragon View Post
Best SWG Live Emulator ever. Just like SOE.
This made me LOL irl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
Hello again EMU community.

The past few days have been crazy around here. We took this polling endeavor seriously and we were hoping for a better outcome. However, the team has been bombarded with concerns and questions by the community over the wipe poll and the possible outcomes. Therefore, due to voting disparities with new accounts, adverse affect on the community of the polling process, and unaddressed issues, we are calling off the poll and the possibility of a wipe. We will stick to the original statement and wipe for the OR when the time comes. As always, we are committed to providing you all with a solid community and game environment. We thought that holding this poll would give the community a voice and a chance at a little more participation.

What we now realize is it may cause more damage then good in the end. To our entire community, we are sorry if this poll in any way affected you adversely, and we will assure you that a similar situation will not happen in the future.

The SWGEmu Team.
It's a sad day when those of us that got what we have the right way have to play in an environment where dupers have ruined the economy of the game and we have to pay the consequences. I'm dissapointed that those that did this have gotten what they wanted with absolutely no repercussions whatsoever and will be able to continue their ruination of the game until the OR. We had the chance to fix it and could not pull together enough to get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetch View Post
Although I am disapointed, I must say thanks to the devs for at least trying to get everybodys opinion. There will always be somebody unhappy but either way, thanks for at least trying to give us a chance devs. It showed you care about the community.
Posting a thread with a poll and then disregarding it isn't anything but the facade of considering the community's opinions.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien View Post
Whining minority wins again.

Oh the flashbacks...
From another point of view, whining majority lost. So what?
I'm happy with the outcome that the Devs let the dead horse be the dead horse and continue with OR.
Because all effort putting in the work for the wipe will now return to where it should be first place. And in the end we just ALL win. Plain and simple.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold47525 View Post
I'm happy with the outcome that the Devs let the dead horse be the dead horse and continue with OR.
Because all effort putting in the work for the wipe will now return to where it should be first place. And in the end we just ALL win. Plain and simple.
Was going to post until i saw this. /clap
Old 04-27-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ace- View Post
Was going to post until i saw this. /clap
The effort to wipe the server isn't really time consuming. So if they went with it, it wouldn't have interfered with the OR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivoh View Post
When your ass has **** on it, you wipe it.
When dupers turn the server to ****...you should wipe it not a hard concept.
Im pissed because they promised a wipe if the majority got the vote, the vast majority got it, and instead of keeping the promise, they tell us "Nevermind"...
Hey at least they let us vote before telling us our opinion doesn't matter.

I guess thats kind of a step up from SOE right?

I wonder whats gonna happen in the future if a few people decide they want Jedi to be a starting class and the majority of the community votes against it....

rofl this makes me wanna not play now lol . and i didnt care for either a wipe or till the OR is done.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengu-fet View Post
Marry me!

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-27-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money View Post
The dupers win
Quoted for emphasis.

IGN: Jimu (12 point Armor Smith) RoH
Retired from NOVA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3phantom View Post
Does somebody need their ass beat, San Francisco style?
These guys do: Gapster, Wint3rz, Wint3rz123, Bulbous, KV90
Old 04-27-2010, 03:31 PM

The sad thing is that I bet after all the madness the devs will not be as willing to have a community poll about such an important decision.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold47525 View Post
We won nothing except a screwed up economy where no one but the ones that duped credits/items can afford to buy what is needed.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: