SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 11:30 PM

Ok Im not supporting leoten whats so ever, but I have to say this. He isn't whining or moaning he is just stating facts. You guys r all being super supportive and i think that is really cool, but you got to remember this is the real world. People get fed up, and even you precious FanBoys will throw in the towel, so all I am saying is Leoten speaks some truths. They need to get done soon or all this hard work will be for nothing. Especially with that new really cool star wars game coming out "The Old Republic".
Old 10-15-2009, 11:57 PM

As miffed as I was when SunCrusher never came around I have to say anyone complaining about how long this game is taking is completely ignorant as to how difficult coding is. A game of this magnitude, especially an MMO takes years for entire companies to produce.

The original SWG took SOE's development team, at least three years to complete, that is to say from the date the game was announced on march 16th, 2000 until release. It may have taken longer. Now I don't know how many developers are working on the emu but I promise you there was a hell of a lot more people on the original game.

So, you know, shut up? This is the first time I've checked SWGEMU in 7 months and I probably wont check again until next summer. Find yourself something to do in the mean time those of us who loved the magic of SWGEMU will be here when its done no matter how long it takes, especially since TOR is striving for a different style of play then SWG.

TL;DR: Coding is ****ing hard, shut the hell up.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow623 View Post
Ok Im not supporting leoten whats so ever, but I have to say this. He isn't whining or moaning he is just stating facts. You guys r all being super supportive and i think that is really cool, but you got to remember this is the real world. People get fed up, and even you precious FanBoys will throw in the towel, so all I am saying is Leoten speaks some truths. They need to get done soon or all this hard work will be for nothing. Especially with that new really cool star wars game coming out "The Old Republic".
SWTOR maybe the next great thing but it's based in a different time a different time. SWG will always be a classic in my heart and I plan to stick by these guys for as long as it takes. I plan to help in any way that I can to make this happen.
Closed Thread