Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp_one View Post
I'm interested in how you are determining the use of multiple accounts. If it is via IP, then there are 3 people in my house that play Emu, usually on different computers (for obvious reasons.)

It would be much easier if people understood they don't need multiple accounts for multiple characters, then you guys wouldnt need to keep removing duplicates. Unfortunately that seems to be the main issue of free accounts, it doesnt cost money to make a new account like it would with SOE.

I have the same question as above but we are not in the same house but in adjacent houses.

My son inlaw uses a seperate PC at a seperate residence but our IP addresses come up the same. " He and my daughter actualy live directly next door. hence the same IP"

I have sent an E-mail requesting that he be notified weather he can create an account or not.

The question is, Dose the program use the information from tha actual P.C. "Wich would solve the problem" to identify multiple accounts? Or dose it base it on I.P. address "Wich we have had problems with before"

He has had his account on another game we both play frozen due to the I.P. issue and just want to make sure it is all good!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:10 AM

I emailed Phantomleader to see if I could open a second account for my girlfriend. No reply after a few days, so I assumed that it would be OK to. I made the account and it was insta-banned.

I emailed to ask why, and if it could be reinstated. Still no reply almost 2 weeks later.

I tried to log 2 toons on at once on the off chance it would work and it did!

1. Why not state at sign-up that this is possible.
2. If you put an email up for second accounts, why no response at all?

I am grateful for the work done on this project, but I agree with the above poster that other options should be explained more clearly.

I bring this up now, as it might be worth revisiting the way 2nd family/household accounts are handled before SC is released.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Quality Assurance Manager
ManagerQuality Assurance

Please be patient, Phantomleader or other administrators will take care of your situation when they get a chance.

Xavia@swgemu.com | eSupport
Helpful Links | Status List & Reporting Bugs
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Last edited by xavia; 06-16-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

I recognize that given the nature of pre-cu, and buying multiple client/accounts to play multiple toons, it may seem the norm. However, we clearly outline our policies in many locations, and have been very patient in attempting to accommodate folks special needs and extenuating circumstances.

It has become more work than we can handle manually. You would be frankly shocked to know how pervasive this problem is. We cannot devote several hours each day addressing only this issue. Looking at the posters screenshot above gives you some idea.

We are NOT punishing people, we are asking people to take a small step forward and create their new character the proper way, or to LET US KNOW if you have a situation where you need to have more than one account on a computer.

I understand that this may seem harsh, but it's necessary, believe me.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:53 AM

I just have one question... Say I make my account on my computer and go to a friends house and log on to my account on his computer there will I get in trouble if he already made an account on his computer?
Old 04-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Retired Moderator

Do you think there could be a mass banned user clean up sometime soon? Keep the banning information, but just clear up the user count. Might give us a better idea on just how bloated things are.

Retired Moderator after 5 Years of Service.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:17 AM

Now, what if I have siblings and they want to play, but I don't want them on my account?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Lead Moderator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moslik View Post
Now, what if I have siblings and they want to play, but I don't want them on my account?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika
We are NOT punishing people, we are asking people to take a small step forward and create their new character the proper way, or to LET US KNOW if you have a situation where you need to have more than one account on a computer.
There ya go.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:46 AM

sorry

i made a second account, got banned yesterday, got in game today...then got banned again for logging into it today again. I just read this post and it won't happen again sorry..lota ppl don't read the forums though should be at character creation or something. Thanks for putting the unpaid hours and dealing with all the whining SWG takes me back.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:28 AM

Which means emailing phantomleader or myself. Links in sigs.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:07 AM

Makes ya wonder... if there ever is a limit of how many toons you can make per account, how much worse is this going to get?

Last edited by Agent A; 04-11-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Lead Moderator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent A View Post
Makes ya wonder... if there ever is a limit of how many toons you can make per account, how much worse is this going to get?
I'm going to refer you to this thread so you can get a good grasp of both arguements.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent A View Post
Currently on Test Center: Nova, no. There is no character limit per account. Again we insist that only one account is created per user, however.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
Currently on Test Center: Nova, no. There is no character limit per account. Again we insist that only one account is created per user, however.
Sooo... rather than reading through lines of posts, I can just safely assume that if I have friends over and host a lan party of SWG I won't get my butt chewed out for having multiple accounts logged in from the same IP? I'm just a bit confused when it comes to this...
Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 AM

There are so many dual boxers online... that is geting crazy, but as always no gm's to do something.

Let's not speak about forums...
Closed Thread