SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
  #751  
Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Mecho Mecho is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 17
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.
Just a big thank you from me and my friends for remaining positive. One day we will play pre-cu SWG again and trust me many many people will be very gratefull!
  #752  
Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 AM
tonkatuff tonkatuff is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liberty Mo.
Posts: 104
Its really simple.

The blue frogs cause A LOT of issues and do more harm than good. The "final" poll should have had 3-4 options.

Option 1 - I am for a wipe

Option 2 - I am against a wipe

Option 3 - I do not care one way or the other


It should have been explained in further detail.

Option 1

A wipe would be all inclusive. The servers would be brought back up , no blue frogs, with a new but similar jedi unlock system. Loot tables will be fixed to be more like the original version (no lvl 3522 sentinels). Crafters will be useful again.

Option 2

Servers wont be wiped, but we will fix the loot tables, delete all credits and items.

Option 3

No need for explaination.

Sure the above could be worded by a professional, but thats the choices that should be given. No wipe of anything at all = players will slowly quit playing and their goes the testing and community built up. When the OR hits, the community will have little trust because people's word isnt kept.

Thats how I see it playing out if something isnt done, which quite frankly, dont think it will be. Thats the developers progavtive though. Everyone does need to remember that they owe us NOTHING.
  #753  
Old 04-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Vlada's Avatar
Vlada Vlada is offline
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: IRC #swgemusupport
Posts: 6,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
lol...
There you are. I was wondering when you are gonna show up.
__________________
SWGEmu Support Helper

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
  #754  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 AM
CrackPipe2011 CrackPipe2011 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 221
cRush could we get an official announcement post telling us about the new loot tables? I'm interested.
  #755  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 AM
tonkatuff tonkatuff is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liberty Mo.
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackPipe2011 View Post
cRush could we get an official announcement post telling us about the new loot tables? I'm interested.
Crack man, some people do work lol. These developers do have jobs for the most part lol.
  #756  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Jengu-fet Jengu-fet is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackPipe2011 View Post
cRush could we get an official announcement post telling us about the new loot tables? I'm interested.
And it would be good to get something official about the decay also.
  #757  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:08 AM
CrackPipe2011 CrackPipe2011 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 221
Or an update on LPE. I'm very curious
  #758  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Kainzo Kainzo is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.
Thanks for the update, cRush. Don't let the haters get you down. It was a brave statement to release an estimate on the arrival of OR, one that I think you didn't have to do.

Anyone who honestly doesn't appreciate the hard work the developers and staff puts into this game, really shouldn't be here and should go find another free based MMO and stop bothering the people who actually enjoy JUST playing the game.
__________________
Lord Kainzo - Guild Leader
Radiant Server - Master Bounty Hunter
http://disposableheroes.net
  #759  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:13 AM
MiniMe MiniMe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV or HELLHOLE USA as i call it. Originally from Washington state.
Posts: 162
I still think you are well within your bounds and rights as developers to do what needs to be done for a better end-result. Whatever that is, I support you.

PS any reason i'm getting a,

"Bad Password: Either you have mistyped your password or this account is already in use." message? My husband gets it also on his computer when he tried to log on just now.
  #760  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:15 AM
cru jodo cru jodo is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.
cRush, i love you man, but loot is out, Duping is the new loot table.
__________________


Rockin' the DooDooPee, Ya'll see me rollin', you hatin.
  #761  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:16 AM
tonkatuff tonkatuff is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liberty Mo.
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
I still think you are well within your bounds and rights as developers to do what needs to be done for a better end-result. Whatever that is, I support you.

PS any reason i'm getting a,

"Bad Password: Either you have mistyped your password or this account is already in use." message? My husband gets it also on his computer when he tried to log on just now.
There is a post in the Nova Discussion Forums. There was a deadlock and now the login servers are down. This is why you are getting the "bad password" error.
  #762  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:18 AM
dbinky dbinky is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 76
What's funny to me is that the people who got the most angry about the possibility of a wipe are the ones who try to "win" SWG - an open-ended un-winable sandbox.

Well, perhaps they'll be satisfied with the fact that they won the wipe war. I doubt this will sate them, but I can dream...
__________________
  #763  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:27 AM
butjer100 butjer100 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
What surprises me is , I see some people selling holocrons by the 100s .. , and people willing to buy from him, now, that just makes me think, how the heck did that person get 100 holocrons or more to start with .., tru regular play ?? most likely NOT, so, i wouldnt even want to support him by buying a holocron from him, instead, i just want to report something like that, now if more people would be like that instead of being flies around the guy so they can get a holocron, then maybe we could gett rid of some dupers by identifying em .. but as long the people WILLING to close their eyes and buy the stuff they wanted altho they can almost guess it was duped, well .. then the community is just allowing it emselves, i never ever seen the question asked to tht guy how he did get the 100 + holcrons .. no1 asks, they just gladly buy em, so .. cant blame others later then for screwing up the economy if lots people had a hand in it and supported it at the time since they gained from it ...
I am sure some people wouldnt buy from these guys tho, I am 1 of em.. but most people seem not to care, however, they are the ones atm whining most prolly .. very typical... can't u guys just accept what the DEVS decide ? i dont care if they wipe or not tho really, i just accept their decision, and not gonna question it .., then i am only bothering the Devs .., in fact, if i was a dev and did see so much silly posts as i have seen last few days, would have been the very last time i ask the community their opinion on a major decision lol ..
maybe the majority did vote yes, maybe only got there since lots cheated with accounts, i dont know, but the devs decided, so just accept that !

In the old days in Everquest 11 year ago or so .. People wouldnt get away with so much spamming ingame etc to make their point clear, GMs were 100 times quicker on the ban button back then, i supose some people and doomsayers and stuff here can be glad i am not a GM, since, i liked these old strict rules ..

Once again.. just accept the decision, doing difficult bout it only gonna work against you, and isnt helping the devs in any way at all

They just can turn oif TC if they wish too, and work on OR without being disturbed all the time by all these ridiculous posts, but no, they decided they let us play, just accept that, and be happy u CAN play atm ... sigh

and maybe if u see a guy with 500 holocrons, u can guess its a bit fishy maybe and decide not to buy stuff from him .. then maybe u ll help the economy ..

aah well, i just had to get that of my chest, i feel sorry for the devs atm .. poor guys try their asses of to please us, and lots people not really showing apreeciation atm i would say ...
  #764  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Gray Mouser Gray Mouser is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbinky View Post
What's funny to me is that the people who got the most angry about the possibility of a wipe are the ones who try to "win" SWG - an open-ended un-winable sandbox.

Well, perhaps they'll be satisfied with the fact that they won the wipe war. I doubt this will sate them, but I can dream...
I'm sorry but if you think an mmorpg can't be won, then you just don't know your mmo history and the story of Fansy the Famous.

http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php
  #765  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:29 AM
tonkatuff tonkatuff is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liberty Mo.
Posts: 104
I really think have the nerd raging here is by kids that didnt even play pre-cu swg. Maybe when they were 9-10 years old. Everyone I see is 14-16 years old in game. You can tell by the way they type and carry on. They are here simply playing a free game.

This is going to hurt the people that loved swg pre-cu in the long run. All these people crying and bashing could potentially make the developers say "**** you, go play the nge". Its unlikely, but I know it can make them not want to work on it at all or lose motivation.

If all you whiners want to have to pay $15 for a sub par, ruined game and a **** community (well from the bashing it seems the **** community has arrived here as well), then keep bashing.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.