SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlisJ View Post
You will not be able to get a buff for 5-10k and master any combat profession in short times, will not be able to buy decent armor or weapon to start with, you won't find anything worth spending your credits at all right after the wipe. All you will have is CDEF gear and empty server to play with.
Interestingly enough, the above effects are precisely why I would enjoy a server wipe. There is such a thing as having it too easy, you know.

To my mind, with the OR as far off as it seemingly is, now would be a perfect time to wipe and see how the economy and jedi population develops. Theory and calculations are all very nice, but if you really want to see if your duping fixes work or jedi are being unlocked at the expected rate after revising, this is the way to do it.

Sure I'd prefer to have CH or architect coincide with the wipe, but if it's not ready it's not ready. A wipe just a few months before OR would suck hard, but half a year sounds just fine to me.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:50 AM

If a wipe helps the project move towards fruition, and fixes are implemented to prevent the current situation from repeating, then I fully support a complete wipe.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:52 AM

Love the posts talking about losing "hard" earned XP, seriously when this thing got wiped 6 months ago it took like 3 days to get full temp. SWG is the easiest game of all time to grind professions.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGamble View Post
If a wipe helps the project move towards fruition, and fixes are implemented to prevent the current situation from repeating, then I fully support a complete wipe.
This wipe will not in any way help the project move forward towards fruition. Minor fixes can't justify the wipe and they won't. This wipe is only good to satisfy some people in expense of some dev time to accomodate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dheco View Post
I voted yes.
If exploiters get away with it here then they will feel they can get away with it in the future.
This

Well, this isnt politics. The way you voted during the last election really is the right way of doing things, but in that case, the future of your country had to be decided. This is the test center of an online game. A bit different. Whats at stake here really? If the server wont get wiped now, it will in a few months.

I dont know about the rest of you, but i had a lot of fun killing low level mobs outside cnet for brawler 21x1 too. Probably because I wasnt alone though, I made some friends, and played a lot together with my girlfriend. Definitely the hottest gamer-girl out there If the server will get wiped, I will have a lot of fun again, if some new content will be added, I will enjoy exploring it, if the unlock system changes, i will enjoy trying to find out how it works now.

If they were actually testing things to use on the OR, we wouldn't have the level of disagreement that this thread shows. The core problem is that everyone knows that none of what is proposed will actually be implemented on the OR. So this is simply a wipe for the sake of wiping, not for really testing anything to be placed on the OR. So the question then becomes...what's the point?
Falceon Feir - Pistoleer/BH
Krysan Feir- MDoc/swordsman
Galaxy Harvester- Falceon
Old 04-26-2010, 05:55 AM

i for one am going to enjoy the challenge of having to start again with nothing and
hey vlada haha

fight me---->>> http://tehmulletman.mybrute.com
join me---->>> http://mybrute.com/team/209229
Old 04-26-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
If they were actually testing things to use on the OR, we wouldn't have the level of disagreement that this thread shows. The core problem is that everyone knows that none of what is proposed will actually be implemented on the OR. So this is simply a wipe for the sake of wiping, not for really testing anything to be placed on the OR. So the question then becomes...what's the point?
The point is to ease the level of whineage from loud audience and to stop talks (for the time being) about wipe.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:00 AM

I guess i fail to see how reseting all the crafters to square one helps the economy.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlam View Post
I guess i fail to see how reseting all the crafters to square one helps the economy.
because EVERYONE will begin from scratch, not just the crafters.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
The point being to try and stop exploiters here and now, whats the point of waiting until the OR is done or SC is live before dealing with them? If this is a test center then I'm happy for them to use it to test ways of getting rid of those that cheat.

TC-Nova characters
Dheco Lightsky - Master Swordsman
Khira - Master Doctor/Dancer
Azrazel - Master ID/Tailor
Ylesa - TK/Ranger
Old 04-26-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlam View Post
One of the reasons they state for the wipe is to equalize the looted and crafted component. This isn't going to help the crafters. First there will be no crafters for awhile so the only equipment will be looted. Plus we will have to wait for key resources to spawn again. (which sometimes takes months) Then regrind everything. I'm not sure i understand are crafted items too good? and we need to make looted items better?
Right now my comp is sitting at 54% base with 80% kin. Mabari at 22% base. Chitan with 74% kin. And i still can't make ubease because no decent neutronium steel has spawned.
Are you serious..

A wipe would be Good.. Yes I will cry for the lost intrusive Ore.. I have over 400k of it and I know Of People who have 1mil+ unit's, they have said yes Wipe..
So what are you crying for...

Waahaaa I have to re unlock Jedi.....
Waahaaaa I have to Grind out 35,000,000,000,000,000XP...

So What this is a TEST Server...

J

would rather not see a wipe untill after the object restructure, its not rediculousley broken as is

Yeah, but they arnt getting rid of those people. There will always be ways to exploit. Just git rid of the ones doing it.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: