SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 09:10 AM

Something something plans complete.

Jedi something something heheheh .

Something something darkside, muwhahahaha!

Nice
Old 10-15-2009, 09:21 AM

I love you guys, so very cool !!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 AM

Awesome News!

Thanks to the whole SWGEmu staff!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:40 AM

Wow wow wow.

I don't know if I'm the only one but that post freaked me out.
It really shows how much the STAFF is pissed big time because of these cheaters and I understand the post but it freaks me out I don't know why.

I really HOPE this decision hasn't been taken simply because of what the community asked, I really hope it doesn't change the Devs' mind about finding a way to prevent hacking instead of just super banning people, don't get me wrong I agree that hacking for your personal gain instead of testing hacks to show the system's breaches and reporting it (I guess it happens) is nothing but utterly stupid, I just don't understand the need for certain people to cheat at all, even if they don't do it to screw people, sometimes they might just do it for themselves.

Once again it really shows how much the Devs are pissed with all this "sudden" hacking (not like it has just started, it went more popular in the last few weeks.), I'm sure they were also pissed because of the hundreds daily complains on the forums and decided to take the policy to a new level, much good may it do us.

Anyway, I don't know what happened since this (my) morning, so I assume some people got banned?
Well I will see if I find any black name...

I just would like to point out this rule again.

Quote:
3.11. You will not perform AFK camping of a spawn, NPC or cave. Camping is defined as repeatedly hunting a lair, spawn or NPC in succession. TC allows multiple accounts and connections, therefore using multiple toon instances to create the effect to "out damage" other players is considered AFK camping. There is only one toon actually operated by a single player and all successive toons are considered AFK camping. All toons in such instances are subject to disciplinary actions. Obviously, this camping rule does not restrict all multiple game instances. For example, it is acceptable for two game instances to be operated by one player where one instance is an AFK crafter sampling ground resources and the other is a character that is being played At The Keyboard.

I still don't get it, it has to be a mistake or I must be really stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
You mean its pretty hard to Unintentionally speed hack

What happened to your name..?

-
What a strange day.

Last edited by Kayliaah; 10-15-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:44 AM

Max, I'm glad to see this post here. At the beginning of the #devchat discussion on these issues, I was shocking to learn that what you were saying was basically, "Sorry for the rubberbanding, it's the lesser of two evils even if all you people don't agree". Was it the chat that changed things and the overwhelming negative response you got to all the rubberbanding or something else?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
I do however think that a warning or two before perma-banning someone is in order, everyone deserves a second chance no matter how much they screw up.
You were cheating? That deserves a warning? You cheat, your gone.... this is your warning.

Quote:
I also think that retroactive implementation of this rule is a bit harsh. It should be used in any future cases of hacks, exploits, etc. But people that used hacks and are now banned maybe wouldn't have done it if they had known that such measures would be taken against them.
They wouldn't have cheated or hacked had they known measures would be taken agaisnt them?? Are you serious?? I'm sorry your honor I wouldn't have killed and robed someone had I known I could get caught...
Old 10-15-2009, 09:53 AM

/kudos
SWGEmu dev team is working to release a game they all (I hope) love. The rest of us are here to test and play a game we all (I hope) love. Anything else just hinders and delays this project. I support this decision fully and thank the dev team for making this mature decision.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:54 AM

I despise forum politics with a fiery passion that burns hotter than the twin suns of tatooine.

That is all.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:55 AM

Thank you very much Good work guys.

Note to self: Update Siggy! >.<
Old 10-15-2009, 10:00 AM

Thanks so much Max, et al! /salute
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM

I agree with the steps taken. We should ALL be in testing mode right now. The staff is getting their feet wet in running the show, and doing a good job of it. And we as the gaming community should be testing and reporting any bugs we find to assist them! There is no way the staff could play the game and experience everything themselves WHILE working on running it! And that is what we are for. Any activities that get in the way of that should be dealt with in a fair yet decisive manner so as not to bog down the whole process for everyone. Thanks again SWGEmu!!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM

ack, prolonged double post x_x

Note to self: Update Siggy! >.<
Old 10-15-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
I despise forum politics with a fiery passion that burns hotter than the twin suns of tatooine.

That is all.
Fact, law, and universal rule.

Also worth noting: the loudest mouths are usually wrong. (not directed at you, obviously)
Old 10-15-2009, 10:13 AM

Is getting other players killed by manipulating dangerous monsters classed as griefing.

*whistles innocently*

Last edited by Carl M; 10-15-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl M View Post
Is getting other players killed by manipulating dangerous monsters classed as griefing.
No it's clever!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: