SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 08:30 AM

YAY! Great job guys.

Let the witch hunts begin!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:59 AM

Best news I've heard in a while! While I dislike rubber banding, I dislike cheaters even more! It's this kind of action that is going to keep me playing and make me want to support the emu dev team!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:09 AM

"Behavior from the community, and sadly, even staff,will no longer be tolerated when it is designed to undermine the project or community."

This.
For forward progression. No more hacking, exploiting, cheating, duping, or bad staff. :P

We don't want staff like SOE's that know nothing about the game. If ashur was banned for using actual in game skills then... we have someone on staff that is like SOE. :P

Last edited by Drake Groth; 10-15-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:44 AM

Max, I'm glad to see this post here. At the beginning of the #devchat discussion on these issues, I was shocking to learn that what you were saying was basically, "Sorry for the rubberbanding, it's the lesser of two evils even if all you people don't agree". Was it the chat that changed things and the overwhelming negative response you got to all the rubberbanding or something else?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:53 AM

/kudos
SWGEmu dev team is working to release a game they all (I hope) love. The rest of us are here to test and play a game we all (I hope) love. Anything else just hinders and delays this project. I support this decision fully and thank the dev team for making this mature decision.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheneyney View Post
prove any of that?

i dont think you will or can.

someone uploaded a video of ashur sitting on dath, then some noobs (10 of em) of em tried to kill ashur but they failed since he used forcearmor2 and then healed states then forceran away.

and when some guy said "run *****" he replied by saying "hahahaha i killed mellichae for you"

as for griefing, as long as you dont have prove, then shut up, that simple.
Sounds like most of the exploiting losers on the live servers. Glad to see the emu is taking steps to push these pointless human beings out of the game. The hackers and exploiters ruined the game the first time around under SOE. All they were worried about is how much money they could make, not the enjoyment of the players that would be in it long term.

Good for you and keep up the good work!

Last edited by BC|Wulf; 10-15-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:21 AM

I love you guys, so very cool !!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:55 AM

Thank you very much Good work guys.

Note to self: Update Siggy! >.<
Old 10-15-2009, 10:00 AM

Thanks so much Max, et al! /salute
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM

I agree with the steps taken. We should ALL be in testing mode right now. The staff is getting their feet wet in running the show, and doing a good job of it. And we as the gaming community should be testing and reporting any bugs we find to assist them! There is no way the staff could play the game and experience everything themselves WHILE working on running it! And that is what we are for. Any activities that get in the way of that should be dealt with in a fair yet decisive manner so as not to bog down the whole process for everyone. Thanks again SWGEmu!!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM

ack, prolonged double post x_x

Note to self: Update Siggy! >.<
Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 AM

Bravo guys. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Retired Game Master

You should take advantage of /addignore since the devs were nice enough to add it into the game for you.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:32 AM

Cheers - of course rubber banding is a pain in the butt - but if it helps get rid of people that are exploiting... then by all means. i want to play with people who are part of the community... not those who are willing to break the rules. don't they remember what this server is about? testing - and verifying? using exploits and hacking are definitely counter effective to that goal. Keep up the work guys!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:34 AM

I agree with this, however I feel griefing is kind of a part of swg pre-cu. I can understand HARASSMENT, but griefing is in just about every mmo I've ever played, EVER.

Edit* that being said, since this is a test server with the idea of testing and bug reporting in mind, griefing slows down the process of allowing others to test; so I'm kinda on the fence about it.

Last edited by sXeKJB; 10-15-2009 at 10:37 AM.