SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenbinion View Post
Keep in mind that each individual PC would be tracked by a separate IP address. If you are connecting to the Internet via broadband with a Router for a shared connection. Both you and your brother would be showing up as the same IP and to the Staff would appear as more than one account on the same PC, if you are indeed connecting the two computers to a shared broadband connection via the use of a Router. I would treat it as one PC and talking with Max would be advised.
Thanks for trying to clear things up Steven, however, No that is not the case. The IP address is only the most basic method we employ. Trust me, if you are using different computers - router or no router, static IP or not, broadband or not, you will not show up on the detector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomick View Post
what if you friend makes an account from your computer??? I dont wanna get jumped by the admins cus you see my IP address on two accounts.
It's only if you are playing on the two accounts from the same computer that it will show up, so as long as you aren't playing on each others computers, it should be fine. You have not been flagged yet, so I would say you are in the clear.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Last edited by Max; 10-16-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:23 AM

i think there is a similar thread to this, but jsut in case the other disappeared i'll quickly throw my pennies in here.

i am aware i am technically multi accounting atm, but my own fault for not reading that accounts could have multi chars.

i only actually run buffbots on the otehr accounts and have said when the next db wipe comes i will condense all bots onto one account with my main.

jsut seems easier to do it that way, i dont believe i am being troublesome, infact jsut helpin out however i can. i submit bug reports all time like i said run community bots.

Yes, i own a lightsaber...
Yes, I go to the woods and fight with my buddies...
No i don't wear a dressing gown believing I'm a Jedi...
That would be stupid.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Retired Game Master

You can run multiple instances of the game without multiple accounts. Go to options and toggle " Allow Multiple Instances" to "True".

There is zero need for a single player to have two or more accounts.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 10-17-2008, 06:52 PM

Just here to say that the team here will work with and help those with more then one person in a house hold. We have 5 people who played Pre-CU here in my home and all 5 want to play on the TC so I wrote to the team and got an answer and help on it and now we all can play. We just had to follow a few simple rules/steps that they asked. So I'm proof that they are willing to work with you.

Again thanks for all the help. You all are doing a GREAT JOB bringing back the Game we all LOVED!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:10 PM

Please for give me. I made two account before reading this post because my first account was cK`. And the ` mark is not allowed in swg client. Would you please delete that account. I am sorry for my negligence and will read the forums more often =/.
I cannot, and have never used that account so i hope you guys dont ban me =/.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:15 AM

Can you be more specific on where the "Allow Multiple Instances" toggle is?

I've looked through LPE Options, Game Options via LPE and in the in-game options but it's either hiding in plain site, or not in those three different options menus.

EDIT:

Found it... weird looking toggle button in LPE Options at very bottom. Expected a simple checkbox.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:44 AM

Ya ive seen lots of people duping and I know they are cuz there stupid and name there char close to there "main" char I could tell they were dual boxing
Old 11-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippythop View Post
Ya ive seen lots of people duping and I know they are cuz there stupid and name there char close to there "main" char I could tell they were dual boxing
Dual boxing and dual logging is fine as long as its only on one account.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

Old 12-16-2008, 01:27 PM
King of Nerds

My situation is a little complicated.

I play on a laptop - from work - from my friend's house- and from home, so my IP is all over the place

Also, I occasionally log onto my friends' accounts to help them out, since they are new to SWG. (and total computer nubs in general)
*edit*- For example, I was bouncing back and forth between accounts helping them with Image Designing/ Migrating stats

I don't wanna get banned for something I'm not doing - heh.

Last edited by HyralGrimm; 12-16-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: edited to clarify
Old 12-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Website Development Manager
ManagerDeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyralGrimm View Post
My situation is a little complicated.

I play on a laptop - from work - from my friend's house- and from home, so my IP is all over the place

Also, I occasionally log onto my friends' accounts to help them out, since they are new to SWG. (and total computer nubs in general)
*edit*- For example, I was bouncing back and forth between accounts helping them with Image Designing/ Migrating stats

I don't wanna get banned for something I'm not doing - heh.
Do you ever logon with different accounts at the same time from the same IP?

| Environment Setup Guide for Ubuntu | kaigeos@swgemu.com |
| SWGEmu.com | SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs |
Old 12-16-2008, 07:15 PM

Multiple at same house hold

Ok I need to know as well about this double log in thing. I have played every game that is out there to date and never had an issue.

I currently have me at my home and my nephew that log in almost nightly and play...We both have our own account....and it hasnt been an issue yet.

As of today though I dont know if this means anything but I figued I would ask about it as I dont know if it might be a ban or not. I dont think it is but here I go... I tried to log on today and got this message.

The remote server returned an error 404 not found. Address:ttp://Ipe.ocdsoft.com/install/version.txt
File:C:\(long folder name here)

Then I hit ok and it says.

Error updating: Index was out of range. Must be non-negitive and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name:index

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN...

And If I need to also have something arranged so that me and my Nephew can log in from same IP than please help me to not get banned..I dont know anyone that doesnt have members of family that play from same household. That what a network is all about. His log in and items are totally his but were just on 2 different comps with same IP..from same router...
Oh also what does message man..? His login on his machine is doing same thing now....

Blixx'Rey
Old 12-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Services Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixx'Rey View Post
Ok I need to know as well about this double log in thing. I have played every game that is out there to date and never had an issue.

I currently have me at my home and my nephew that log in almost nightly and play...We both have our own account....and it hasnt been an issue yet.

As of today though I dont know if this means anything but I figued I would ask about it as I dont know if it might be a ban or not. I dont think it is but here I go... I tried to log on today and got this message.

The remote server returned an error 404 not found. Address:ttp://Ipe.ocdsoft.com/install/version.txt
File:C:\(long folder name here)

Then I hit ok and it says.

Error updating: Index was out of range. Must be non-negitive and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name:index

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN...

And If I need to also have something arranged so that me and my Nephew can log in from same IP than please help me to not get banned..I dont know anyone that doesnt have members of family that play from same household. That what a network is all about. His log in and items are totally his but were just on 2 different comps with same IP..from same router...
Oh also what does message man..? His login on his machine is doing same thing now....

Blixx'Rey
PLEASE READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS.
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17503

About the duplicate accounts... PM me with the names of the accounts, and I'll get it worked out.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:46 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiet Rhino View Post
So wait if I want to have a doc/musician and a dancer/smuggler I cant have those characters becuase I already have a melee stacker? thats called a support group thats how we are able to get out and kill stuff searching for 2hrs for a musician/doc/dancer is a joke i dont have the time to be running all over the place looking for buffs. how can you say nothing good can come from it? Server stress I dont know why they wouldnt want everyone to have multiple accounts?
You many 'Enable Multiple Instances" in the Launchpad and run as many character as you want. As many as your computer will handle. Please take a moment to research.

edit - I revised the Original Post for clarity.

Last edited by Ekaika; 12-17-2008 at 03:50 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:49 AM

you beat me to it i was about to delete the post lol
Old 12-17-2008, 03:51 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

The original post didn't actually explain the alternative to multiple accounts. Don't feel too bad :P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: