SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevDep View Post
awesome! once more word gets out about how close this thing is i feel we'll have larger numbers. Not to mention when it's actually COMPLETE.... oh gosh, all the impatient people that cannot deal with the down server are going to come rushing. I think there will be a larger jump in numbers when it's done than we think
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of lurkers who are waiting for all the testing to be done, so that they can play bug-free.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 PM

615 wth no lag is awesome. thanks team.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommTampers View Post
Multiple player centers packed in the cantinas? The ain't your Smedley's SWG.
Thankfully, I don't have a Smedley. Unless you classify that as what I left in the toilet after breakfast.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:16 AM
Core3 Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellaz View Post
Would player cities, playing housing / players items in houses..etc effect server lag at all? Or for example just say there is 600-700 people new characters grinding professions spamming commands constantly spread out everywhere on all the planets at one time, does this create server lag at all? I know a huge amount of people PvPing or grinding in one area can cause server lag as this happens on every game.

For example let's just say Suncrusher is launched, 6+ months later there is a dozen or 2 dozen player cities, about 2,000-3,000 accounts active with an average of 400-500 players on at any one time. Will the server slowly start to become worse and worse as player cities grow and peoples huge inventory of items and other structures like harvesters start to flood the planets?

If player cities do cause this will there be very very strict guidelines on player cities, ie player cities must be authorized by developers before they can start. If a huge excess of items cause lag then will there be a max cap on how many items one character can have on them & stored in their house(s)? 500? 1000? 1500? etc.

Thanks.
I dont think that extra objects in memory will create so much lag, it will use more RAM. With extra items per player Database will suffer a bit more, but theres still a lot of room for improvement cause we didnt even start on optimizing the code. Current TC is running on a Q8300 CPU, SunCrusher will be running on several machines, if we have enough donations that is. We are fairly sure that we will be able to handle at least 600 players per machine without any noticable lag.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
I dont think that extra objects in memory will create so much lag, it will use more RAM. With extra items per player Database will suffer a bit more, but theres still a lot of room for improvement cause we didnt even start on optimizing the code. Current TC is running on a Q8300 CPU, SunCrusher will be running on several machines, if we have enough donations that is. We are fairly sure that we will be able to handle at least 600 players per machine without any noticable lag.

Am I reading that picture you attaced right? ~600 users = ~50% CPU load? WOW!!
I can only imagine what SunCrusher will be able to handle running on several machines
Old 09-17-2009, 04:04 AM

600 +? haha, thats more players than the current live SOE servers have on at a time

/applaud emu staff thanks for the hard work. it is appreciated.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:23 AM
Quality Assurance Manager
ManagerQuality Assurance

Keep up the good work everyone! It's great to see so many active and looking out for bugs.

Xavia@swgemu.com | eSupport
Helpful Links | Status List & Reporting Bugs
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:44 AM

Epic! You's are awesome, I'm so loving this project. 600+ is a wonderful milestone! I am sure many more milestones will be coming up. To help make it better and to celebrate the wonderful work that is occurring, next time I get the chance I'll donate 5 times the amount I usually do.

Now just to wait for the holidays to enjoy it 100%....5 weeks can't be that long...

Last edited by Wen Talross; 09-17-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:53 AM

heheheh it got around quite fast,... there are like 10 "hello" threads ,....

they are ALL comeing to see what the emu has for em ,.. =D
Old 09-17-2009, 08:58 AM

My First Love

SWG was and is my first love in MMORPGs.

I am so happy that the DEVs have put so much time and effort into rebuilding this lost universe.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyshorts View Post
SWG was and is my first love in MMORPGs.

I am so happy that the DEVs have put so much time and effort into rebuilding this lost universe.
Welcome aboard!! Glad you made it. While we are closer than ever to release there are still a lot to be done. I have had a blast the past couple of days, I have been sick so I have been home more than normal. Might drag out this sick thing a lil longer.

Anyway, welcome!!

:ROCK:

Azaree Noise/Kettemoor
Mayor/Beggars Canyon
Old 09-17-2009, 05:20 PM

just downloaded the client and will be logging in tonight for the first time since 2005 to the game we all love! mad props to all the devs! this is amazing!

master weaponsmith, here I come!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffey View Post
just downloaded the client and will be logging in tonight for the first time since 2005 to the game we all love! mad props to all the devs! this is amazing!

master weaponsmith, here I come!
welcome!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:36 PM

that is so awesome that we've done 600+ online for a test server. honestly i know there are even more people who know about this game who are spreding the work, i predict that once this launches all the slackers who dont want to help witht he testing will jump the numbers 1000+ if not it'll be close to that. this is so awesome. this was my first MMO and i instantly fell inlove with it aswell

Former TKM/Architect
Former City council member of Einatos City
Former Guild Council member of KKND

Old 09-17-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millshive View Post
that is so awesome that we've done 600+ online for a test server. honestly i know there are even more people who know about this game who are spreding the work, i predict that once this launches all the slackers who dont want to help witht he testing will jump the numbers 1000+ if not it'll be close to that. this is so awesome. this was my first MMO and i instantly fell inlove with it aswell
Correcto mundo. I've seen alot of people who just poke their heads in every now and then to check up on the status of the emulator. With Suncrusher and the launch of 1.0 they'll all come back in. Even with this big update, more and more of those people are probably slowly starting to leak back in.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: