SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
  #361  
Old 10-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Ruledo Ruledo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 214
STORM and STK have been at war for a long time.
I think what Jondo was trying to say:
Check your own back yard before you go knocking on your neighbor's door.
You don't want mobs with pitchforks outside your door.
  #362  
Old 10-19-2009, 05:49 PM
GestorterEngel GestorterEngel is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Monroe, LA
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondo View Post
Here is actual proof that Valkyra's own guild uses exploits to advance to Jedi:



The irony is: this is THEIR video... (Don't bother taking down your video like NINE did, we have it recorded and will upload it ourselves if you attempt to hide the truth.)

You can hear one of them order the "disease bug" to be used early in the video (:36). Then at the end, they request the "disease bug" again on Mel. "Uh Oh, we have a problem. We're gonna need that disease bug now", guy says (3:30). "Its coming...its coming... if it loads" other guy says. You can see them apply the disease to Mel, then the video fades to black. Scene opens with Mel corpsed.

*THAT IS ACTUAL PROOF OF A GUILD EXPLOITING FOR JEDI FAME*

Valk, I don't know you, but you call STORM retarded? Far as I know they don't post videos of their exploits.

You, sir, are the retard for being STAFF and using abusive insulting and inflammatory remarks directed at players. If this was the "Real" internet, you would have just lost your job... As you grow into an adult, maybe you can take that as a lesson, dunno?

So... what kind of people do YOU think staff positions should be given to?

first and last post,
Jondo out
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
dude seriously are you that ignorant, the cm bug they were using isnt the lower resist thing, its the 1 shot cm bug , notice the enemy go from full to like 1/100k hp is 1 tick, come on get current
Correct, and as stated, it was reported and not done again, the guy isn't in the guild anymore, and it is only indeed a bug and not a third party exploit for hacking or griefing anyone.

Let's all move on to the real topic here and stop trying to point blame on others where blame isn't needed.
__________________
Gestorter Engel: Master Dancer/Master Teras Kasi

Odissa: Master Image Designer/Master Tailor

Arihanna: Master Rifleman/Master Combat Medic

Blutsaugerin: Master Doctor





Making gamers out of moms since 1996'

http://www.alloutassault.net
  #363  
Old 10-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Valkyra Valkyra is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
dude seriously are you that ignorant, the cm bug they were using isnt the lower resist thing, its the 1 shot cm bug , notice the enemy go from full to like 1/100k hp is 1 tick, come on get current
Read this:



Quote:
Originally Posted by GestorterEngel View Post
Jondo, as much as I <3 you. I'm stepping in on this one. Get your facts straight first. The bug was reported by the person who found it, and he is the only one who knows how to make this said bug, and he isn't making it for anyone or passing it out. Also the person yelling to use the bug is not in the guild anymore, reasons undisclosed. There's a big difference in using a bugged disease, than using a third party program for speed hacking and purposely abusing it. The person who was calling out the bug in Vent that day had no right to try and get anyone to use this, and was straight up called out and *****ed at for doing so. His idiocy doesn't take account for the whole guild, so don't try to say everyone in StK is "exploiting". The person who found this bug even talked with a QA guy himself about this bug and the guy explained exactly to him how it was done and in no way is it even remotely exploiting anything. A bug is a bug, a program to hack, is just that. Note that ever since this bug was reported, it has not been used. Please get your rumors straight. <3

BTW: Val's not a "sir".
__________________

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
  #364  
Old 10-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Valkyra Valkyra is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruledo View Post
STORM and STK have been at war for a long time.
I think what Jondo was trying to say:
Check your own back yard before you go knocking on your neighbor's door.
You don't want mobs with pitchforks outside your door.
However, we haven't done anything to warrant these 'mobs', is the difference.
__________________

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
  #365  
Old 10-19-2009, 05:53 PM
GestorterEngel GestorterEngel is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Monroe, LA
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruledo View Post
Exploits are bugs that usually aren't reported by players so that they can be used for personal gain.
Maybe the Devs and CSRs are tired of these?
Aren't you?
You said it yourself, dollface. It was reported and not used again. Let bygones be bygones and stop trying to point blame on everyone else for your guilds own mistakes.
__________________
Gestorter Engel: Master Dancer/Master Teras Kasi

Odissa: Master Image Designer/Master Tailor

Arihanna: Master Rifleman/Master Combat Medic

Blutsaugerin: Master Doctor





Making gamers out of moms since 1996'

http://www.alloutassault.net
  #366  
Old 10-19-2009, 05:55 PM
DraGa DraGa is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: N/A
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
dude seriously are you that ignorant, the cm bug they were using isnt the lower resist thing, its the 1 shot cm bug , notice the enemy go from full to like 1/100k hp is 1 tick, come on get current
Ah, i thought you were talking about the normal disease resist drop. No, I didn't notice the mob go from 1/100hp nor did I know about the CM bug. Hence why I didn't pass judgement on contents I'm not privy to.
  #367  
Old 10-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Archdeluxe Archdeluxe is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
I have to agree with Jondo, Kyle's being pretty condescending to the whole community here. If all the banned players did was use a bugged special ability why ban them in the first place? Also why would you need to put Ashur and "a handful of the mature, and talented members" on some special staff team because they found a bug, just have them fill out a bug report like any other person who finds a bug. Ban hackers, recruit testers, and lets move on.
  #368  
Old 10-19-2009, 05:57 PM
jermat jermat is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: california
Posts: 159
really gestorter, its easy to say you exiled this member but i highly doubt it, even seemed to be proud of a unlock using a exploited cm pack to the point of making a video about it. i mean after all do it once do it twice? and further more aside from a simple misunderstanding at mellichae, i dare you to find one single instance of ashur or anyone else in storm for that matter continually griefing anything. storm hasnt griefed a damn thing since this update was added, prior to however yes we DID DB in duels all summer long. since this update most people to busy to grief plain and simple
  #369  
Old 10-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Eokon Eokon is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 277
In game bugs that were reported = 3rd party programs?~

Idiots.
  #370  
Old 10-19-2009, 06:01 PM
GestorterEngel GestorterEngel is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Monroe, LA
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
really gestorter, its easy to say you exiled this member but i highly doubt it, even seemed to be proud of a unlock using a exploited cm pack to the point of making a video about it. i mean after all do it once do it twice? and further more aside from a simple misunderstanding at mellichae, i dare you to find one single instance of ashur or anyone else in storm for that matter continually griefing anything. storm hasnt griefed a damn thing since this update was added, prior to however yes we DID DB in duels all summer long. since this update most people to busy to grief plain and simple
Bootsy? C'mon. That video was made because it was our first guild unlock and they wanted to keep it, it had nothing to do with the bug being used there or to even show it off. I have nothing to do with it, I was only on Vent as all of it happened and heard what was going on and us yelling at this person for even mentioning the bug to begin with. We all agreed he was being immature, stupid and shouldn't have bothered with it. He is out of the guild, proof can be shown if you don't believe that. But as stated, reported and not used again, and I do believe by Kyles own words, there's nothing wrong with any of it as long as it is reported and not repeated. Whether or not people choose to believe that, well all I can say is find proof on it, because none exist.
__________________
Gestorter Engel: Master Dancer/Master Teras Kasi

Odissa: Master Image Designer/Master Tailor

Arihanna: Master Rifleman/Master Combat Medic

Blutsaugerin: Master Doctor





Making gamers out of moms since 1996'

http://www.alloutassault.net
  #371  
Old 10-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Emokho Emokho is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hampton VA
Posts: 418
interresting disease, it didn't do any wound dmg I could see from the video. I haven't played a CM since the NGE came out but I would think that's a "disease bug" aswell since they did both dmg and wounds to mobs and characters.
__________________
"And if I offended you, I'm sorry but maybe you needed to be offended." - Suicidal Tendancies

If your argument begins with the phrase "I don't think" please stop and do so before making it.

SgtMaj(ret) E'Mokho Aewi
Fate 10
Strike Force Justice
  #372  
Old 10-19-2009, 06:07 PM
jermat jermat is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: california
Posts: 159
yea this is bootsy, you say you handled it and want it taken at face value, but if we say anything to our defense its zomg wtfpwn get a rope and lets hang them. besides if you had nothing to do with all this, i doubt youd be posting with so much vigor.



PS: when has ashur,bootsy,or any storm member griefed im dying to know

Last edited by jermat; 10-19-2009 at 06:09 PM.
  #373  
Old 10-19-2009, 06:12 PM
GestorterEngel GestorterEngel is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Monroe, LA
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
yea this is bootsy, you say you handled it and want it taken at face value, but if we say anything to our defense its zomg wtfpwn get a rope and lets hang them. besides if you had nothing to do with all this, i doubt youd be posting with so much vigor.
I'm only posting to retort to "Everyone in StK exploits" because it's not true. It was a bug found with someone, and that person reported it. I don't know why this conversation is even going further. It wasn't used again, the guy is out of the guild, and it's been taken care of. What more do you want?

Ashur is being flamed in this thread simply because his stunts were griefing (from what I've heard, read and watched, though I see that was solved), third party programs and all of these were repeated even after "reports" came in. Huge difference there buddy. We did nothing wrong. We found a bug and reported it, and took care of the person who was wanting to continue using it. Seems to me like the problem is solved and this shouldn't further be talked about.
__________________
Gestorter Engel: Master Dancer/Master Teras Kasi

Odissa: Master Image Designer/Master Tailor

Arihanna: Master Rifleman/Master Combat Medic

Blutsaugerin: Master Doctor





Making gamers out of moms since 1996'

http://www.alloutassault.net
  #374  
Old 10-19-2009, 06:14 PM
jermat jermat is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: california
Posts: 159
i can agree this really is a wasted conversation but heh its the internet.......no one ever seems to have the last word
  #375  
Old 10-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Bostwain Bostwain is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Neutral
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondo View Post
Here is actual proof that Valkyra's own guild uses exploits to advance to Jedi:



The irony is: this is THEIR video... (Don't bother taking down your video like NINE did, we have it recorded and will upload it ourselves if you attempt to hide the truth.)

You can hear one of them order the "disease bug" to be used early in the video (:36). Then at the end, they request the "disease bug" again on Mel. "Uh Oh, we have a problem. We're gonna need that disease bug now", guy says (3:30). "Its coming...its coming... if it loads" other guy says. You can see them apply the disease to Mel, then the video fades to black. Scene opens with Mel corpsed.

*THAT IS ACTUAL PROOF OF A GUILD EXPLOITING FOR JEDI FAME*

Valk, I don't know you, but you call STORM retarded? Far as I know they don't post videos of their exploits.

You, sir, are the retard for being STAFF and using abusive insulting and inflammatory remarks directed at players. If this was the "Real" internet, you would have just lost your job... As you grow into an adult, maybe you can take that as a lesson, dunno?

So... what kind of people do YOU think staff positions should be given to?

first and last post,
Jondo out

I was with.. he refers to the bugged dots yes. But they were not used. As you watch his health in the video, it doesnt just all of a sudden drop. He used legit diseases.

Not only was this kill legit... He attempted mallechai 3-4 times and none of them unlocked him because he was bugged.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.