SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 03:47 PM

Interesting... I really do hope we can get some new Devs going on this team. These 4 Developers have come such a long way, a few more would definitely speed it up.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:03 PM

I hope this will speed up the development of the emu. Hopefully there are many programers who contribute to this project. Maybe the emu teams can work together to come out with an overall, stable and accurate emu... but that may just be pushing it haha. Overall this is good news and hope it works.

The hype for the emu is still there, dont give up!

Thanks again for all the work you devs put into this emulator.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:10 PM

nice!

>>> Lowca Ownz <<<
Toons: Gulkia (lowca), Enderr (lowca), Bank' (bloodfin)
Swgemu video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJgOHsJA3o & Classic Swg vid
Need help connecting to the swgemu test center? Click Here
Old 11-21-2007, 04:13 PM

I'm glad that you guys are doing whatever is necessary to bring back the game we all loved. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication. I hope this works out.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 PM

Cheers! Keep up with all great work. I know that we'll have issues in real life at some point but we're keeping our hope up. I look forward to see more in few months
Old 11-21-2007, 04:20 PM

oh btw when do you guys plan to do this?

>>> Lowca Ownz <<<
Toons: Gulkia (lowca), Enderr (lowca), Bank' (bloodfin)
Swgemu video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJgOHsJA3o & Classic Swg vid
Need help connecting to the swgemu test center? Click Here
Old 11-21-2007, 04:28 PM

I for one am glad that this will be going public again.

It doesn't take a genius to see that the interest in this project has substantially dwindled since its inception, there have been too many generalized predictions of release, there have been (either fair or unfair) broken promises along the way. People care so much about this game, that it it’s actually painful to go through the waiting process.

It does however take a wise man to recognize what is necessary to be done for the overall good… and an even braver man to see it through to the end.

Bottom line is that this move should bring you forward in your progress, and speed up the process. I do not envy the grief you will most likely bring upon yourselves over the next few months in dealing with people outside of your comfort zone, but I thank you again for your efforts, and wish you all good luck.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:28 PM

Excellent decision devs. This will speed it up for sure. Thanks for the good news, has made my day lol.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:31 PM

Very, very cool

I've sold my soul just to wave a stick around, make dots dance on lines, pull hair across steel, and blow in to hunks of wood and metal.

Conductor -- Composer -- Violist -- Saxophonist

Musician
Old 11-21-2007, 04:39 PM

Awesome news!.
Agoc Darkrider
Old 11-21-2007, 04:47 PM

Commendable I must say.

We obviously don't know what aspects are 'engine' and what are 'core' (as it was always called core3 as a whole to us before now). So is the core going to be everything haven't sorted out and the engine everything you've already done? Or is it more modularly explainable than that?

Is there a promise of it staying SVN or will it be closed from there when you have what you want?

I'll say again, I think this is a great step forward and wish all teams would make all their code public, though I know that won't happen

Good luck with this guys.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:51 PM

It is not hard to see why interest has fallen. Every one of my friends who has come here to learn more has been met with generally stuck-up behavior. Questions such as.. what can I do, when is it ready, can I test whats there? are met with "ZOMG!!! DIDNT YOU READ STICKY 5 PAGE 14!!!!?" I have no idea what an IRC channel is, I just hop on a computer, keep my hardware up to date, and play games as they come out... SWG being one of the best games/communities I have ever seen. I figured this project would exemplify that quality of people, but not from what I have seen. I check back every other month or so, just to see if anything has been done. My friends now do the same, because we were all scared off by people who figured we should have known every detail from the start. I know a lot of effort has been put into this project, but by the time its all over, even the real SWG will have a larger following and more loyal fan base than this.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:58 PM

Fuggin' awesome news. I hope some professional-level coders from the community will be added to the development team. Either way, there will still be enough work available for the more newbish programmers out there to find something to do. Thanks for the update, I'll be looking for more news on this soon...
Old 11-21-2007, 04:59 PM

You guys are some of the coolest people on Earth. Right behind Burlex and his ascentemu for WoW. (But if you actualy seen the code he wrote for a WoW emu you would probably undstand why you guys are a close second.)
Old 11-21-2007, 05:00 PM

I disagree, Munkeyman. I think the real reason why interest appears to have fallen is the "I will play it when it's done". That's certainly my plan.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: