SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
I'm not frustrated.
you are so many people.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:43 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
you are so many people.
I know. Spooky, right?

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-15-2010, 04:11 AM

"What right do you have to comment on..."

This is America, Jack. It's how we do.

"I'm not frustrated."

You never are.

"OOH Intranet tough guy RAbbleRabbLE"

Yup, that's me! With my flawless typing and structure, my MASSIVE internet-compensation signature, my full bio page, and my love for calling you out individually.

Got real angry and tried that once, one of the recent posters should remember, got hit w some forum nerf and had posting disabled for a while I guess - didn't really pop back to check.

_____

So back to Sq 1

This all began when? 2006? Earlier?

A finshed SunCrusher heals all. Total win if you actually finish a product.

Communication is a plus. Think you might be too late to salvage that.

Having the main page NOT display last Decembers outage issues might be good for passers by stop in and get tingly excited in their wee wee like we all did the FIRST time we heard the loading music.

However - the novelty of running around Rori and the feel of a preCU HUD etc has worn off. People naturally want results - it's how the real world operates. Results.

We can debate wether accepting donations incurs an obligation to produce all day every day. Even charities and non profits in the REAL world have accountability - but you ay disagree, that's your right. (Should be at least.)

So I do what I do - I exercise my ability to call out this joke of a process.

Joke. Almost a half decade joke. Guessing some of the people on this fourm are under or about 25, good gaming demographic...

How's waiting a fifth of your life been? rabblerabbnle "You dont have to wait, you can go somewhere else..."

Yeah, we can. I would also assume other people already have. Gone are the days when I jump on a non-complete turd to run around to POIs and switch my HUD color.

Gain exp for what? The wipe? Gather loot and mats, for what? The wipe?

Wiping is a good idea - it needs to be done. Yet you can't expect people to happily play and maintain interest in a non-working/final product.

Hell, it's hard to keep people playing Finished/Professional MMOs for more than five years. UO, EQ1, AC, DAoC, McWoW, et al.

I give it even odds that this thing never ever reaches SunCrusher. Course you can rename a turd, like Acorn, but at the end of the day a turd's a turd.

So there ya go - prove us wrong. I still think y'all are fail, through and through. Your lack of comms and the absence of questions/accountability is what's pissing off peeps.

Fix it.

As always - finished product heals all.

Get it done. 50% chance at best.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:28 AM

I'm Leoten, and I approve that message.

Paid for by Friends of Leoten Semper, a Valcyn 501c Corporation.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:37 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoten View Post
"What right do you have to comment on..."

This is America, Jack. It's how we do.
Actually its not, its the internet.

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-15-2010, 08:15 AM

blah blah

Almost pains me to say it...

Very happy that you guys cranked out an update.

+1 to you guys.

Hmm got the dates wrong.

-1 for me.

March is not April, note to self.

Oh well - w/e

My bad for a triple post, but in the hope someone from the emu team is viewin' this atm...

Please, for the love of God, update the main page.

Doesn't inspire conifidence when the most recent thing on the main page is last Decembers outage notice.

If I were John Q Public stoppin' by for the first time, I might not make it past that front page w the way it looks currently.

If I knew anything about tech/html - I'd do it for ya. I don't.

Last edited by odwill; 04-15-2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: use the edit button
Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 AM

Er, just 1 question, how long until you simply ban this moron?

Dont care for his ranting
Dont care for his attitude
Dont care for his abuse
Dont care for his behavior
Dont care for his lack of manners

Respect is due to those behind the EMU, respect and thanks. What worries me is that you allow someone to be abusive in such a way and still let him post...?

QuiLarek - Chimaera Veteran
MiaLarek - Weaponsmith
AbeLarek - Doc
QuiqLarek - Inner Glow
Old 04-15-2010, 10:57 AM

ok this is my first post so please please do nail me to the wall...

ok if you want to know what they are doing just look at there Dev site.

here is some info Theanswer just post and update for fishing its rather large. Also it looks like hes been working with the opening tutorial problems and also alot of stuff with objects.

it looks like kyle is hammering on the resorce managment part make major updates 3 updates in 2 days.

so in the past week there were atlest 10+ updates to the code.

is it going fast hell if i know but then again SOE did have a **** load of more programers working on the code than swgemu has..

if you want the code to befinish then offer to help...i would but my c++ if not that good Atm.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Larek View Post
Er, just 1 question, how long until you simply ban this moron?

Dont care for his ranting
Dont care for his attitude
Dont care for his abuse
Dont care for his behavior
Dont care for his lack of manners

Respect is due to those behind the EMU, respect and thanks. What worries me is that you allow someone to be abusive in such a way and still let him post...?
So we just stifle any op[inion that doesn't jive w yours? Is that what those gold bars mean?

They updated front page a little, a good start. I asked, and we received. +1 for everyone.

Sorry you don't care for me - quite frankly, I now don't care for you. Can we ban him Daddy? Please, Daddy?

Pathetic. I'm sure after reading this you'll pm the big boys and threaten to not continue w your donations.

I speak for many who are frustrated - leaf through the thread, I'm hardly the sole critical voice. I may be more colorful than the others, but within an hour of my latest triple post - the front page looks marginally better, and it benefits all of us. Long sentence fail.

The fact they haven't banned me at least lets the community know that the devs have nothing to fear from criticism and that they are above petty forum politics. Fanbois love to push for the ban, the men-in-charge have the courage to let dissent stand and allow for the individuals to draw their own conclusions. If only you were so brave.

You can ban me today, but I'll be back - and as time marches on I can guarantee there'll be more just like me.

Help yourself to a kleenex and learn to deal w opposition.

What kind of man are you? For shame.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:52 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoten View Post
You can ban me today, but I'll be back - and as time marches on I can guarantee there'll be more just like me.
Arnold?

But seriously, you did make a valid point in one of your previous posts. Lack of updates on front page, or better yet total lack of any moderating. They are probably just understaffed, but still, both website and forum are a mess.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Arnold?

But seriously, you did make a valid point in one of your previous posts. Lack of updates on front page, or better yet total lack of any moderating. They are probably just understaffed, but still, both website and forum are a mess.
Yes? Oh, I guess it's not a call to my address.

Well, you got a point there. But on the other side, anyone can anytime inform himself about the progress of the project at the devs site at
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/dashboard/index/swgemu

I personally prefer them rather to work on the emu than to release empty phrases on a weekly or bi-weekly base.

But nevertheless, being frustrated and unhappy isn't an excuse for the lack of manners.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:34 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold47525 View Post
Nah, i was actually taking about a certain Governor.

Quote:
Well, you got a point there. But on the other side, anyone can anytime inform himself about the progress of the project at the devs site at

I personally prefer them rather to work on the emu than to release empty phrases on a weekly or bi-weekly base.

But nevertheless, being frustrated and unhappy isn't an excuse for the lack of manners.
Still, front page could be more up to date and look at the state of these boards. Im not asking for updates, just some kind moderating.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
anyone can anytime inform himself about the progress of the project at the devs site at
This kicks ass!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:

great link
and am especially glad to see that they are working on ch
https://www.assembla.com/flows/show/...Cr3PXIeJe5aVNr

Old 04-23-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:

I just checked out one of these assembla posts and it was just insane. I think we are extremely lucky to have a group of people who are intelligent enough to understand this stuff but who are also willing to do it in their free time simply for us to be able enjoy the final product. They could just as easily be off making good money with their talent and saying goodbye to all the idiot haters on these forums.
Thanks so much you guys for doing this for us.