SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:00 PM

Recommended Waiting Time Is (xx). our operators will be with you when a spot becomes available.
/Holding Music Plays

Fidella Cashflow In The Making - Master Armorsmith/Master Smuggler
Old 10-20-2009, 08:55 PM

Hey guys just got some free time on my hands while waiting to connect to the server and play some SWGe.

Thought I'd flick through the forums see whats been happening and I came across this Thread and it seems to have turned from a thread to say why you cant connect to a thread where people spam questions that are explained in the first post...

Just a suggestion but people are treating the Core3 as a fully functional game... oh wait its not full release?!

Maybe as a solution to getting people online for a little fun have some sort of timed allowance for each User... say about 1-3 hours. This would then make it more fair for people to connect rather than someone to just...

Login Conect to their Master Entertainer/Master Dancer
/Macro Flourish Spam
/Macro Say rubbish spam
/AFK

Then go work for 9 hours...

Well its either alot do that or their have taught their cats, dogs and other pets how to play the game.

I think personally that 3 hours is more than enough for each person to try the game test the chosen proffessions and have fun.

Just remember all your endless grinding will be wiped at some point so dont spend 9 hours a day grinding credits when its all just going into the bin :P
Old 10-20-2009, 09:13 PM

That seems like a pretty fair deal. It would be nice also if there was a message like "Your time will be up in 15 mins" to give you a heads up. Or a timer some where on the screen.

I just started playing and i have to say you guys have done a great job. Really brings back memories and fun times. I will definitely make a monthly donation to this cause.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:26 PM

most folks get booted every hour or so. Lots want to play..not room for all! While the grind is futile at this point..its the best way to test things out so get out there and spin some lairs or whatever you prefer.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:17 AM

seems to be deadlocked for at least 7 hours now.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:13 AM

Same I haven't been able to log in all night or this morning at all
Old 10-21-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windgrace03 View Post
Same I haven't been able to log in all night or this morning at all
yeah, deadlocked for bout 14 hours now..
Old 10-21-2009, 07:20 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

IRC #test or #status channel

Its deadlocked atm.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 10-21-2009, 08:27 AM

In 2009, a crack Hacker unit was banned by a Community forum court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security ban to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the gdevelopers, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The h(A)ck-Team.

Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both, before we commit ourselves to either.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayn View Post
yeah, deadlocked for bout 14 hours now..
Indeed, I wonder where the devs are right now and why they havn't restarted the server.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:34 AM

Prolly they first search trough the logs to find what caused it, then try to fix it, and then putting it back online.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markie1979 View Post
Prolly they first search trough the logs to find what caused it, then try to fix it, and then putting it back online.
Bingo. Whats the point in not fixing what went wrong, only for it to go wrong again.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutstraDutton View Post
Hey guys just got some free time on my hands while waiting to connect to the server and play some SWGe.

Thought I'd flick through the forums see whats been happening and I came across this Thread and it seems to have turned from a thread to say why you cant connect to a thread where people spam questions that are explained in the first post...

Just a suggestion but people are treating the Core3 as a fully functional game... oh wait its not full release?!

Maybe as a solution to getting people online for a little fun have some sort of timed allowance for each User... say about 1-3 hours. This would then make it more fair for people to connect rather than someone to just...

Login Conect to their Master Entertainer/Master Dancer
/Macro Flourish Spam
/Macro Say rubbish spam
/AFK

Then go work for 9 hours...

Well its either alot do that or their have taught their cats, dogs and other pets how to play the game.

I think personally that 3 hours is more than enough for each person to try the game test the chosen proffessions and have fun.

Just remember all your endless grinding will be wiped at some point so dont spend 9 hours a day grinding credits when its all just going into the bin :P
Personally I agree with you up to the limit thing, I think if you're afk there should be a time limit on you as that blocks up the server for everyone else, however I think if you're actually playing where you might uncover bugs you don't deserve to get kicked for doing what you're supposed to be doing. However those obnoxious AFK Ents who spam and macro everything, yeah I don't care, kick them they're annoying and when you bring the issue up to them you pretty much get told F you get away as their macros go off asking for the Credits I worked hard getting because the missions I had were bugged and it took a great deal of effort to destroy them. See I found bugs, AFK people didn't or they're getting angry at you being mad because you got a few buddies who could help you find group bugs who can't get on because they're spamming.

The moral of this story: NO AFK ENTS, Kick them. Please.
Then answer this, are you just going to sit back and wait for someone else to defeat Brittania? Who? You think if you think if you wait, some day the right chance will just come? Don't be naive! If we don't stand up and do it ourselves that someday will never come!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:37 PM

Oh for heaven sakes.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:25 PM

I'm so happy I can't get in so some AFK entertainer can sit and occupy space.....next to the 10 other AFK entertainers in Mos Eisley.

Currently searching for Unarmed Damage or Accuracy AA's/CA's.
Tamox Sturmgeist - Sanctuary - TC: Nova (Teras Kasi Novice/Master Ranger)
Till Metzgermeister - TC: Nova (Artisan/Surveyor/Resource Salesman)
=======
Pre-CU/Pre-NGE
Arvel Nightwalker - FoE *Fist of the Empire* - Bria (Master TKA/Master Doctor)
Calipso - True Empire - Tarquinas (Master Rifleman/Master Ranger)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: