SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Phase Testing Tasks for Week of 4/21

Task Overview:
-New Bank Terminals
-Basic Missions
-Inventory Stress

====================

New Bank Terminals
Banking terminals were added to all NPC cities. If you feel like there should be more, open up a discussion in the TC Forum.

----

Basic Missions
Basic missions have been rolled out onto the TC. The goal for this week is to make sure the MissionManager and Objective tracking are stable before we move onto lairs. The ONLY place you can obtain missions is from a special mission terminal in the center of Theed, coordinates: (-4885.0f, 4185.0f). It is by the Gungans, guild terminals, and Jeff Freeman fountain.

The following missions are available and essentially ask you to do similar tasks, but with different targets. If these simple missions prove to be stable, lairs will hit TC
1) The Shaupaut Hunt*
2) Jurassic Peko
3) Hairball**
4) Narlgatch Test**
5) tic-tac-peko**

*This mission does not function like live extermination missions. You receive it from the terminal, but you must return to an NPC to complete it. This is to test scripted NPC mission evaluation.

** Ready but not on TC until the first two are determined stable.

Missions will be available on the next restart. When reporting bugs, INCLUDE STEPS ON HOW TO REPRODUCE. For missions specifically, include the name of the mission.

If you are having issues with the terminal, waypoints, or mission objects - try logging out then back in. SWGEmu staff have a command available to wipe all of your mission data if it is corrupted or bugged. Before requesting staff aid, create a new character and try to reproduce the bug - file a report if you can reproduce.

----

Inventory Stress
An object and saving overhaul are on the way which will eventually wipe out all of the nasty bugs involving inventory. However, we are still interested in fixing the current Inventory system. If you notice any issues/bugs with your Inventory, please try to reproduce the bug and file a report on Mantis. This would help a lot! Thanks

====================

This thread is subject to further updates throughout the week. cRush is currently busy with school / work, housing & structure changes will rollout when he sees fit. He was nearing completion last week so it is possible that this week may bear some of his structure updates.

Last edited by Ramsey; 04-21-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Test Center Director
ManagerAdministrator

Awesome news, Ramsey. Question with
Quote:
Inventory Stress
An object and saving overhaul are on the way which will eventually wipe out all of the nasty bugs involving inventory.
Does this include logging in naked and "delete" items from inventory bug or ghost inventory items?

Both have happened to me on multiple characters for the past 5 days.

Thanks,

Odz
Old 04-21-2009, 02:01 PM

Big smile for you
Old 04-21-2009, 02:15 PM

imber news dude :=)

Hisengal pre-cu Jedi
Foboes Weaponsmith/Armorsmith
Old 04-21-2009, 02:20 PM

awesome....excited as all hell. loggin in soon to test this out!

<3 devs
Old 04-21-2009, 02:26 PM

Sweeet! Gonna test missions now.

Bokata (Wookiee Jedi)

Numlock (Swordsman/Rifleman)

"Exodus" Movie
Old 04-21-2009, 03:43 PM

definitely goot to hear about the inventory issue gonna be fixed. already posted a bug report and added to a few other's bug reports that this issue happened on a few new toons I made.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Inventory Stress
An object and saving overhaul are on the way which will eventually wipe out all of the nasty bugs involving inventory. However, we are still interested in fixing the current Inventory system. If you notice any issues/bugs with your Inventory, please try to reproduce the bug and file a report on Mantis. This would help a lot! Thanks

====================

This thread is subject to further updates throughout the week. cRush is currently busy with school / work, housing & structure changes will rollout when he sees fit. He was nearing completion last week so it is possible that this week may bear some of his structure updates.
Thanks for the update. I've already reported enough comments on Mantis regarding the nasty inventory bugs. Unable to test with my main character since her inventory is nearly completely full with "phantom" items. Sad to hear about housing & structure changes being delayed seeing as I recall it was slated "early" this week per "Bi-Weekly Update for 04/17/2009". Regardless, I know we'll all continue to look forward to the upcoming changes.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:31 PM

Yea, LOL great about the inventory I hope it works... as it was before the Bazaar stole my money and gave me no clothes (Like a bad vending Machine ) and I logged in with all of my clothes missing besides my pants
Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 PM

Nooooo I'm stuck at work for another 6 hours!!

Current Characters: Mara Mou (Commando); Guryon Gearmaker (M-Artisan/Armoursmith/Tailor); Delicious (TKA/Ranger/CH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aire0n View Post
Yep I have a legit copy as well. I can take a screenshot of me holding the cd case and the cds if you want rofl.
Simple Guide for Newbies to Pre-CU
Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 PM

Gotta check out the missions
Nov 17 20:47 cRush
committed#2643: [added] Creature Handlers can now tame Bio-engineered Jedi.

TG & EC Cooperation
With TG being the premier US based community and EC being the premier EU based community.
USA http://www.truegalaxies.com
Europe http://www.euro-chimaera.co.uk

Report all bugs here:
http://www.swgemu.com/support/index.php

Ingame name Birk

They That Are Them.
Guild <Hoods> The Dark Hoods
~▲~
'▲ ▲ Triforce.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Thanks to the testers that ran missions earlier today...we (TA especially <3) found a lot of bugs that were immediately patched. I will frequently add missions to test various BTS facilities. Monitor the SVN log: http://trac2.assembla.com/swgemu/timeline
Old 04-22-2009, 07:21 AM

The missions are working out well... wish you guys would stop stealing my clothes and leaving me with nothing but my pants though
Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 AM

wooohooo!! missions!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:00 PM

The missions dont delete the waypoint after completion
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: