SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp2255 View Post
I really don't understand why stupid people always have to ruin it for the good.
As long as there are social games that reward interaction, cooperation, and a genuine player generated environment, there will be booger-eating candy-striper a$$-clowns that take pleasure from griefing and exploiting to ruin the fun.

Usually they look like this guy....

....but not always. There is also the type, "DONT CALL ME A DORK! I GOT A SWEET CAR, AND A HOT GIRLFRIEND!!!" ........

These ones are just a$$holes.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:54 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

temporary ban of 1 month as first warning, permanent ban from ANY exploit or cheat after that no matter how small it was IMO.

We don't need people like that in here, they are nothing but trouble. you need to show them you are serious and any kind of exploiting is not allowed.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
Why have you got my prom picture
Old 07-20-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijom View Post
temporary ban of 1 month as first warning, permanent ban from ANY exploit or cheat after that no matter how small it was IMO.

We don't need people like that in here, they are nothing but trouble. you need to show them you are serious and any kind of exploiting is not allowed.

That sounds about right. It is easier and not financially painful to weed out the few when there's no bottom-line to consider...
Old 07-20-2009, 06:13 PM

sigh..doing that crap on a community project..I rate that up there with the idiots who go and vandalize places like community centers and schools. If they were not so ignorant in the first place, they would realize attacking communty projects attacks the means of removing ignorance, aka stuff that is GOOD for them..but then again the ignorant have no clue on why ignorance is bad. Its the nature of the beast.

To those out there who are good at tracking IP addresses and matching them to where people live, I wont shed a single tear if you locate these people and teach them a bit about why vandalism is bad using a baseball bat as an educational aide.

Ignorant Duper sez "Who cares, dupe or no dupe, what's the difference?"
Person w/ baseball bat starts wailing on him and asks in return "You want me to stop or keep going, whats the difference?"

Methinks thats all those types truly understand.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphitryon View Post
sigh..doing that crap on a community project..I rate that up there with the idiots who go and vandalize places like community centers and schools. If they were not so ignorant in the first place, they would realize attacking communty projects attacks the means of removing ignorance, aka stuff that is GOOD for them..but then again the ignorant have no clue on why ignorance is bad. Its the nature of the beast.
Everything is handed to them or it is someone else's responsibility. They vandalize and disrespect their own and themselves. So they can't comprehend respect of anything outside of them.

Work hard and spend a lot of time on something for yourself or yours. And you can appreciate what others have done and therefore appreciate them. Such as those who have worked to recreate SWG. Just mho.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:53 PM

I'm excellent at tracking IP's.

If the Dev's ever need help, let me know.

It's a shame that there are people out there like that.

Max should of never had to make a post like this..... EVER!

How hard could it be to track these people.

such as those running around with lightsabers that are not Jedi.
Tell them they are banned unless they give up the name of the person they got it from. Problem solved.

If you have tons n tons of log files you need help looking thru, I would be happy to donate my time to make sure the bad apples are gone for good....
Your guys time is too valuable and better spent on code, than trying to find these kids.....
Old 07-24-2009, 02:57 PM

and maybe we could get someone to "convince" them once you find out who they are =D
Old 07-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
As long as there are social games that reward interaction, cooperation, and a genuine player generated environment, there will be booger-eating candy-striper a$$-clowns that take pleasure from griefing and exploiting to ruin the fun.

....but not always. There is also the type, "DONT CALL ME A DORK! I GOT A SWEET CAR, AND A HOT GIRLFRIEND!!!" ........

Get off my myspace.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:14 PM

LOL. Just saw Josh's post too. Just calling it like it see it.

Dont post what you dont want profiled. LOL.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:24 PM

I actually want a powerhammer with a NES controller head though. Am i wrong?

Banky: That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:36 PM

Unfortunately, you're going to have folks pop in that are here for "fr33 gamzor!!11!!', and not as part of the community. Not saying that's the case here, but it wouldn't surprise me.

However, remember this...believe it or not, this is a form of "testing" as well. Testing the community's reaction, the dev and CS response, the ban hammer mechanism ...all of that will be needed once this community becomes larger, which it will.

Do we need this kind of crap at the moment? Of course not. However, the thing to remember is this...as this project gets closer and closer to a live release, more and more of these types of players will appear...there's a certain percentage in any playerbase.

Like I'm telling the devs anything here, but it doesn't matter how well things work, there will always be players looking for some way to throw a monkey wrench into the gears...just for kicks.

Some people can't walk by an underpass without spray painting something obscene on it; in the online world, some are fully spec'd in "*******". It looks to me like this might be a cue for the CS department to work on a set of policies and procedures to be ready...this kind of stupidity will only get worse.

Just remember...they may not deserve your work (and they don't), but in the current-day view of "beta=free game", they'll keep showing up.

Sigh.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:45 PM

incinerate em'!

some people need to give their right arm a break...

and stop sploiting.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djolovicl View Post
Its a TC, why even try to do a thing like that, what is there to gain that wont be wiped in a near future?

That's just stupid....
I would almost say that would be a good thing, granted the users that do it likely don't report it so it can be fixed.

If I found a glitch to dup items, trade non-tradables, or become a supreme being, I would be sure to mention it and how it was done to the devs so they would be able to fix it.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:

What? did this kid's TV break and this is all he could come up with to do?

IGNS: Loftkilla <STORM> - Rude Bwoy! | Anastasia <LOFTY> - Night Nurse | Loft <STORM> - Ninja Assassin
Helpful Links of SWGEmu | Newbie Guide to EMU | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a Beta Tester
<STORM> Combat Research | [LOFTY] Medical Resources and Crafting | Weapon Damage Formulae
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: