SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
A bump for real interest. We'd still be very interested in hearing from any folks that enjoy helping.
Sorry I only found this thread today.

Told you already Little Dog, you can count me in.
I'm bit busy now with the Bug tracker but I still have plenty of time to help people on Irc.
Oh and since I can only work from home at the moment (after my rock climbing accident this summer), I have a lot of time to dedicate to you.
I guess you can already tell by the unusual length and boredom inherent to my previous threads : )
Old 09-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Retired Game Master

Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest! We are looking to move forward soon and would like to take one last call for interest in becoming a community helper. If you are still interested and have not yet make your interest know please feel free to post. Those of you who have already expressed an interest will be contacted when we are ready to proceed.

Thank you to everyone who has expressed an interest in helping, and we welcome new applicants!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

5 minute bump!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:06 AM

Well, I'd love to be able to assist in anything, any way I can. I used to be a GM for WoWcrack, so I helped some folks out back in the day. I know a few things about PCs, and I try to stay on top of all things SWGEmu, so..if you guys need me, just let me know. Inyri, you talk to me on MSN from time to time, so feel free to do it there if you guys want me for anything
Old 09-24-2009, 04:26 AM

i am intrested in becoming a helper. i've always enjoyed helping people. i dont have any of the credentials uber coder dude (sorry forgot the name lol) has, and more power to him for it. but im eager to help anyway i can

Former TKM/Architect
Former City council member of Einatos City
Former Guild Council member of KKND

Old 09-26-2009, 03:58 AM

If you still need people I would be glad to help. Used to do IT helpdesk work back in the day so I know the drill. Timewise I might not be online as much as some of the others and working shifts at the hospital makes me come online at various times of the day. Let me know if you could use me.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:58 PM

I've always been interested! It's just I've been busy as of late, and the server is crashing consistently as well.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD

Last edited by Master Chief; 09-26-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling
Old 09-27-2009, 06:11 PM

just came across this today. i dont have a huge amount of free time away from my job, but i would help when i am actually able to (~10 hrs/week or so). if that would be enough to be of any use please let me know.

Last edited by Bobbycheese; 10-05-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:26 PM

ill defently help out i was one of the origalnel helpers of scllya. so ya just tell me wat i need 2 do n i can help wen ever im on.

Last edited by scorpiusjagr; 09-27-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:33 PM

I've been helping people learn this game from day 66
As the leader of one of the oldest guilds on flurry I may have helped upwards of 1000 players learn upwards of a 1000 different things.

I work 3 days on 4 days off and am on the server most of my free time if it is up.
Even tho I quit swg in june after 5 1/2 years of playing, I am quickly finding a home in the Emu test world.

I would be more then happy to continue to do what i've been doing over the years
as long as I am not committed to any set schedule.
As much as I like to help and feel I am a social person,I also have a 4 year old running around the house so often I am not on live chat mode.

Send me /t if you have a question or need a hand. If im free then you have my attention.

Often you will find me in some remote area hunting spawns I have no right to solo,
But I will usually drop whatever I am doing if it means a chance to help someone find there way in this crazy sandbox.

MasterBlaster

Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both, before we commit ourselves to either.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:32 PM

Personally I like helping people ingame, but I have been following this project for a year, and joined in April. Don't think I qualify for any staff positions, and have never been on the IRC, but I think its pretty fun helping people ingame.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Retired Game Master

The community helper position is not a staff position. It is providing support for other players in IRC room #swgemusupport. Everyone is welcome to apply if you can dedicate some active time to helping others in IRC.

Send odwill@swgemu.com an application email with the subject line: IRC Community Support Helper Application

Forum Name:
Character Names in Game:
Times available to help in IRC: (including timezone)
Days usually available:
References: (if any but not necessary)
Experience on this current TC:

Things considered when a player is selected for support are, but not limited to, a player's comportment and actions on IRC, TC and the forums.

Do not expect an immediate reply to the email. We evaluate the candidates when it is time to select more support helpers, which could be a week to several months away.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>

Last edited by Serpentkaa; 12-17-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:28 PM

I would love to help in any way possible!

-Are you a close follower of the project?

yes, a recent devotee, but yes!

-Do you consider yourself well versed with SWGEmu, LPE, and NOVA?

like I said, relatively new here, but I'm an old hand from the original launch and am well versed in MMORPGs and game/distributed client/server architectures in general

-Are you good with computers?

Yes, I am an experienced sysadmin (linux, HP-UX, solaris), network engineer (CCNA,CCNE) and IT manager

-Do you enjoy helping out other players?

most certainly! that's what made pre-CU SWG great

-Are you an active IRC user?

I haven't been for years, but I'll dust off a client and start lurking again... ;-)

rLobster
Old 01-14-2010, 03:02 PM

zomg imma helper
Old 01-16-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
That's one stunning resume. While as impresive as it is, this post doesn't ask for a job application. Still, your awe-striking experience should be vital to SWGEmu, not only as a community helper, but as a Dev if you're savvy in code too. Not many of us from what I know are lucky to have as much experience as that, and for that I salute you and your over-the-top knowledge as well as what devotion you want to input.

I'm sure you will serve as an inspiration for us all, myself included.
For Real

Why isn't this guy being brought onto the dev team to offer some help/assistance/leadership/etc.. etc..

If he's already been approached then disregard my initial comment. But seriously if he hasn't then one of the devs needs to take a serious look at this fellow, approach him and make use of his talents and willingness to lend a hand sooner rather than later.

I recall hearing recently from several staff members something along the lines of (and I'm paraphrasing here) "finding people who have the knowledge, skillset, time, and willingness to offer assistance comparable to the devs are few and far between. They don't just fall off trees like apples".

Well there's your apple, go pick it up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: