SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Question Are you a Helper?

Hey folks,

Hello from the SWGEmu Support crew! As everyone knows, SWGEmu offers an official Support channel in IRC, accessible via the Java interface on the forums, or any IRC client at #swgemusupport.

The channel has been heavily utilized over the last year+, and we hope that if you've used it, it has been of some benefit to you. Many of us have put in countless hours trying to ensure our members are taken care of, to the best of our ability.

We're interested in a possible experiment with the community. Are you a close follower of the project? Do you consider yourself well versed with SWGEmu, LPE, and NOVA? Are you good with computers? Do you enjoy helping out other players? Are you an active IRC user?

If you answered yes to those questions, we might want your help! We're considering opening up Support to the community, to allow more coverage for people needing assistance with basic issues. This will not be an official staff position, however you'll earn the respect and admiration of the Staff, and interact with us problem solving and helping fellow users out.

This thread is to gauge the temperature of interest for such a venture with your feedback. Until such time as we make a decision, the channel remains for Staff support only, so please do not join to idle if you do not have a support related query.

Are you a helper?

Last edited by Ekaika; 08-02-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Retired Quality Assurance

First !
Old 08-02-2009, 04:13 PM

YES! I want to do whatever I can to bolster the project, no matter how little contribution I may add. Also I will do whatever I can, for who knows? (I'm probably pushing my luck) but maybe one day, I could somehow join the STAFF?

Edit: As far as computer experience, I have good knowledge of navigation such as with files and the like.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD

Last edited by Master Chief; 08-02-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:19 PM

Heh. I'd start being an IRC regular to help out, sure.

JUST AS PLANNED

Blake Blakeson on TC
Old 08-02-2009, 04:20 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

I like and try to help, but I use IRC once in a blue moon.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 08-02-2009, 04:57 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

I idle in IRC most of the day (gmt +3 atm), Onlything i'm not that good is computers But i'm definetly interested to help out the best i can.

Last edited by mijom; 08-02-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Game Master
Community Team

Well I'm able to help with Spanish support.

-Are you a close follower of the project?

Sure I am, also I follow Emuradio as entertainer (Deejay)

-Do you consider yourself well versed with SWGEmu, LPE, and NOVA?

Yes, I do.

-Are you good with computers?

I am sound engineer and right now i'm mastering digital audio related to computer and audio cards. Aswell I worked for Official Blizzard Support (Spanish) for a year.

-Do you enjoy helping out other players?

Sure, It's my work.

-Are you an active IRC user?

I'm active IRC user, yep.

<3 Ekaika.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:55 PM

-Are you a close follower of the project?

yes i sure am

-Do you consider yourself well versed with SWGEmu, LPE, and NOVA?

yes i do,i love pre-cu and this community alot

-Are you good with computers?

i took computer apps for 3 years and have extensive knowledge of computers and software

-Do you enjoy helping out other players?

yes,the more people we help the better the server will be when it goes live

-Are you an active IRC user?

im active i pop in irc from time to time but im pretty active server wise,and forum wise

Old 08-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Quality Assurance Deputy Manager
Quality Assurance

I may not have been with the project for very ling but I would love to help out with support on irc / ingame

i am almost fully upto date with the going's on within the project and have alot of experiance with computers and windows.

Last edited by Tigerfang; 08-02-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:10 PM

Am I a helper?

Well, I do help out a number of people when I Ent in the cantina and I am a bit savy in Java programming, And I do visit IRC though not as much as I should. If you do need me in anything send me a mail. though I'm not that confident I would be of use.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:34 PM

I no longer work full time thanks to a combo of crohns and colitis. I spend approximately 5-6 days awake at a time. I then sleep 4 hours max. I've been working on the coding techniques employed to bring a more useful purpose to CH and BE but have so much time on my hands that I'd like the opportunity to help. I've worked for Verant prior to SOE buying them out of EverQuest 1, IBM, Sun, SGI, HP, NCR a division of AT&T, Unisys, AT&T itself, Level 3 Networks, Integrated Systems Technologies, North Carolina Central University. I'm versed in UNIX - all *NIX - all but Vista Windows Environments (not only small but 5000+ servers per co-location) in as much as systems engineering, administration, security, networking and software engineering. I have over 20 years of work experience and more then that in the gaming community. My entire life's past time has been devoted to keeping people interested in gaming and helping them learn something that is fun and intellectual. If there is room for myself to be counted on, I'd like the opportunity to further help new comers and vet's alike in their adventures that are SWGEmu. PM me with whatever details you feel are necessary to take on this "Helper" role. If the position is not available at this point in time I would like to be kept in mind for future openings in any area of the project, especially the "Helper" role or helping the CH and BE if your intent is too maintain these two, wonderful IMHO, professions.

Sincerest thanks ahead of time,
Tom
aka EmulateS

http://emulates.org
EmulateS
Old 08-02-2009, 10:42 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmulateS View Post
I no longer work full time thanks to a combo of crohns and colitis. I spend approximately 5-6 days awake at a time. I then sleep 4 hours max. I've been working on the coding techniques employed to bring a more useful purpose to CH and BE but have so much time on my hands that I'd like the opportunity to help. I've worked for Verant prior to SOE buying them out of EverQuest 1, IBM, Sun, SGI, HP, NCR a division of AT&T, Unisys, AT&T itself, Level 3 Networks, Integrated Systems Technologies, North Carolina Central University. I'm versed in UNIX - all *NIX - all but Vista Windows Environments (not only small but 5000+ servers per co-location) in as much as systems engineering, administration, security, networking and software engineering. I have over 20 years of work experience and more then that in the gaming community. My entire life's past time has been devoted to keeping people interested in gaming and helping them learn something that is fun and intellectual. If there is room for myself to be counted on, I'd like the opportunity to further help new comers and vet's alike in their adventures that are SWGEmu. PM me with whatever details you feel are necessary to take on this "Helper" role. If the position is not available at this point in time I would like to be kept in mind for future openings in any area of the project, especially the "Helper" role or helping the CH and BE if your intent is too maintain these two, wonderful IMHO, professions.

Sincerest thanks ahead of time,
Tom
aka EmulateS
That's one stunning resume. While as impresive as it is, this post doesn't ask for a job application. Still, your awe-striking experience should be vital to SWGEmu, not only as a community helper, but as a Dev if you're savvy in code too. Not many of us from what I know are lucky to have as much experience as that, and for that I salute you and your over-the-top knowledge as well as what devotion you want to input.

I'm sure you will serve as an inspiration for us all, myself included.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Old 08-04-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
That's one stunning resume. While as impresive as it is, this post doesn't ask for a job application. Still, your awe-striking experience should be vital to SWGEmu, not only as a community helper, but as a Dev if you're savvy in code too. Not many of us from what I know are lucky to have as much experience as that, and for that I salute you and your over-the-top knowledge as well as what devotion you want to input.

LOL I deeply appreciate the salute. This is something I've dedicated my time too on many different games. I do however apologize for the resume. As stated it was not needed.
/kowtow Master Chief

http://emulates.org
EmulateS
Old 08-04-2009, 07:59 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmulateS View Post
LOL I deeply appreciate the salute. This is something I've dedicated my time too on many different games. I do however apologize for the resume. As stated it was not needed.
/kowtow Master Chief
If i were you or had the skills like you, i would contact the team for DEV position and offer my knowlege to them. Seriously if your that good you should be recruited and fast.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post

For Real

Why isn't this guy being brought onto the dev team to offer some help/assistance/leadership/etc.. etc..

If he's already been approached then disregard my initial comment. But seriously if he hasn't then one of the devs needs to take a serious look at this fellow, approach him and make use of his talents and willingness to lend a hand sooner rather than later.

I recall hearing recently from several staff members something along the lines of (and I'm paraphrasing here) "finding people who have the knowledge, skillset, time, and willingness to offer assistance comparable to the devs are few and far between. They don't just fall off trees like apples".

Well there's your apple, go pick it up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: